Alere Reviews in Livermore, CA

2.6

Alere Chairman, President, and CEO Ron Zwanziger
Ron Zwanziger

Pros
  • Work from home so you don't have to face the people making your work life horrible (in 16 reviews)

• The company is also very flexible about working from home, which adds greatly to achieving a work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management claims to want to be proactive but never seems to get out of reactive mode (in 6 reviews)

• Awful health benefits, basically emergency coverage even for the more expensive plans (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Alere Home Monitoring = Moving Jobs to Philippines! + Bad Ethics

Current Employee - Call Center in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Call Center in Livermore, CA

I have been working at Alere full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free coffee, wearing jeans, good selection of snacks and drinks, good co-workers

Cons

Impossible to feel valued because no one is listened to or treated legit unless you are a VP

Someone told me that the president and VPs are the same ones who created the shared services department in Florida. All of VOB was shown the door with the jobs going to the Philippines and so who is next? They told us our group is “safe”. LOL!

I read other reviews and I think some people drink the koolaid. If you aren’t looking for a new job, you are just stupid; the smart people are leaving because of the Philippines, no doubt. My supervisor told me that the pressure put on managers is very bad, too much work on them and she said it’s no surprise that some departments have so much turnover just because of that.

Also Performance Improvement Plans are flat out used to get rid of people. The HR department is a joke and they have been reported to Corporate Ethics a lot.

I would say avoid the company because the top people are not trustable and HR is not safe. No one believes the management when they talk in in the townhalls. They should get the reason for why there are no questions anymore is because we don’t believe the answers anymore so we do not ask.

And where is that survey we all are supposed to take as a group all together every month? LOL!

Now they are adding snooping monitoring to our computers. What’s next? They already got cameras in places where it make no sense. The micro managering starts there from the ceiling where the cameras are.

The top people should just stop pretending that they care because we all see through it. They are not that good actors because there is too much between what they saying and what they doing. That bad movie is over.

Alere Photos