Alex Woo

www.alexwoo.com

Alex Woo Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Alex Woo – New York – “Office”

Alex Woo – New York – “Office”

Alex Woo

"Broadened my Horizons"

ProsUndoubtedly, one of the best facts that the Alex Woo Company has to offer is that all designs are one hundred percent made here in NYC. This fact is beneficial in the sense that many of our local manufacturers can remain in business within this competitive industry. Another very important factor to mention is the expansion and complete renovation of the office and how each team is now strategically coordinated to meet maximum efficiency.
    Alex Woo as a company is a place where we are not rated on individual performance where employees rise in ranks more than others or where promotions are given out. Instead all employees work cohesively together as a team and as a unit. Each employee has their own specific functions and responsibilities and are each at the helm in developing their tasks in the best way possible.
    I believe Alex Woo is a company of evolution, innovation and daily growth. Working alongside Alex Woo has broadened my horizons. It has given me a very different vision and approach when combining art and business to my pace and style.

ConsPerfectionism. Too much focus on mistakes!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue growing as a company!

Enjoyed time and memories!

Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsOne of the best things I remember working at Alex Woo was it was small and had lots of opportunities to learn about the industry and what it takes to run a business. Alex respected work-life balance (much more than the companies I have worked at since!) and made everyone in the team comfortable coming in every day. I even remember holding Alex's baby!

ConsSince it was small team there was not a lot of areas to grow or go up a ladder and everyone just did what was needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow!

AWFUL COMPANY

Customer Service (Former Employee)

Prosclose to train station that is about it

ConsAwful environment, Alex can not manage and office, Half the time she is watching you work behind her computer screen. There are about 11 people bunched into one room. They do not even supply you with cups for water. She does not like anyone to take a lunch break. You have to sit through Monday meetings and hear about her weekend. Truely pointless. You Get to hear the other women fight for her attention. If you brown nose her you will make it, The pay is awful.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlex get a bigger office, get an office manager

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst work experience. EVER.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe office is located near multiple subway lines?

ConsDisgusting office environment. The entire staff, including the designer, shares one tiny office space so she (Alex Woo) can watch over every single person. The pay and benefits (or lack thereof) is the minimal. If you enjoy extreme micromanagement and a boss that will pry into your personal life (always needs to know what doctor you are going to visit if you tell her you have a doc appt, and always needs to know where you are going if you step out for lunch, etc.), then this is the place for you. I have never dreaded going into work as much as I did when I worked for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some management. Alex Woo does not know the first thing about how to properly manage a staff.

Worked for Alex Woo? Contribute to the Community!