Alex and Ani

Add Photos

Giovanni Feroce

Ok experience

Bartender (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing co-workers, flexible scheduling, great employee discount

ConsCorporate/retail relationship is not positive, not much opportunity for advancement

Absolutely NOT Positive

Key Holder (Current Employee)
    Providence, RI

Pros- Coworkers were amazing, despite being a company who absoultely does not practice what they preach, they really atract some awesome people to work in their retail stores.
    -Fairly decent discount

ConsCorporate is an absolute joke. As others have mentioned the HR department is completely useless and unprofessional. If you are a retail employee you as basically a useless peasant to corprate and they could not care less about you.
    The quality of merchandise is decreasing drastically. Most newer pieces aren't even made with recycled metals anymore.
    And the "positive energy technology"? Hahaha

Advice to Senior ManagementPromoting within is awesome, IF those employees have ANY expiereience or training. There are so many people within the company who have absolutely no idea what they are doing. I don't know shouldn't be an answer to a serious question regarding someone's pay or benefits. However I do guess it's better than the usual response, which is nothing at all. The company is expanding fast and they are definitely not consultinng with or hiring all the right people.
    The company is also trying to expand past bangles with a home and candle line completely unsuccessfully. Try one thing at a time and do it WELL.
    Lastly, be consistent with the
    Logo. Using the old logo on packaging/ signage to save money is just amateur.

Nothing "Positive" About Working Here

Bartender (Bloomingdales) (Current Employee)
    Willow Grove, PA

Pros50% off. Also received Bloomingdales discount as I was a bartender inside Bloomindgales.
    The management team at Bloomingdales: I was not employed there, but luckily I had them to fall back on if I need help.

ConsHours are TERRIBLE: Wed-Sun 11-7. Don't ask for a weekend off or to change your schedule. Horrible communication with management & upper management. Everyone is overworked and juggling too many tasks; things get lost in the shuffle.
    ***If you work as a bartender in Bloomingdales DO NOT expect to get any benefits EVEN IF YOU WORK FULL-TIME. I was denied benefits, commission/bonus, paid-time off, etc. because I didn't work in a brick & mortar Alex + Ani store, but still employed by Alex + Ani. Needless to say, after fighting it out with HR (which their HR dept is a complete JOKE) I quit.
    HR basically ignores you if you have any issues. They also took $0 in local taxes out of my pay - now I have received a bill - and do not respond when I email them.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time on your current management/HR policies and less time trying to crank-out new products every day.
    Happy employees create that "positive" mantra you supposedly live by.
    50% off items does not make up for lack of pay, bonus, paid-time off, etc.
    Listen to your employees and ANSWER them when they have a problem.
    Check-up on your employees other than thru email.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unprofessional and Unorganized

Key Holder (Current Employee)
    Charleston, SC

ProsEmployee Discounts. Pay was decent. Store hours.

ConsVery unprofessional. Corporate never knew what they were doing aswell as management. Nothing was organized nor structured. Upper management was horrible and NOT POSITIVE.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage the company yourself before you teach someone else. And if they keep firing good workers for no reason, they are asking for a lawsuit.

I wish positivity went deeper

Bartender (Former Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsGood discount, the customers really make this job, they really do. A few awesome supervisors.

ConsAssociates are more concerned with their sales than the customers. At the end of the day, a supervisor said "well I didn't sell much". They put on a good 'positive' face, but customers aren't first, the money is. I was awesome with customers who loved me, as well as other associates who thought I had great product knowledge, but that wasn't taken into consideration when letting me go - I "didn't learn quick enough" and "was always late" (which wasn't true). But you can't question them. What they say goes.

Advice to Senior ManagementPositivity and money rarely goes in the same sentence. Either concern yourself with the money or how you treat customers and your associates - the profit will come from those two areas. If it isn't, then something else is wrong, but do NOT be guided by the money, which can turn people nasty. Also, KNOW who your GOOD workers are! Just because they look good doesn't mean they work good.

Not a Positive Job

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Newport, RI

ProsGood discounts on the jewelry.
    Fellow Sales Associates were fun to work with.

ConsManagers had a negative attitude. I never felt comfortable asking them questions and they always messed up the work schedule so you never knew when you would be on shift. Also, the positive energy of the bracelets is completely made up and hard to stand behind when selling to customers. Much of the jewelry is made out of basic materials that wear out easily.

Advice to Senior ManagementReinforce positive energy in the managers. So many of them hated their job and were negative role models.

Appearance is deceiving

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a Hip, young atmosphere

ConsManagement, the owner micromanages, for a company that's about self expression, the employees are forced into "stepford" workers, not daring to question any decisions or policies. You can lose your job in a heartbeat without cause or frankly, justification.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually Be the management you claim to be.

A company run by children.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGenerous discount on their faulty jewelry.
    Taught me how to peddle things that really mean nothing.

ConsManagement is immature, unprofessional, and power-hungry. The refuse to let any employees grow within the company and take on any added responsibility that may make them a threat to current management.
    Work-life balance is impossible. I was pressured to hang out with my coworkers outside of work, which I was not comfortable with.
    No room for growth within this company. They will offer you an opportunity then take it away like it means nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees grow.

Alex and Ani is not all positive.

ProsAlex an Ani has room for allot of growth. One must be wiling to dedicate most of their life and time to company. Customers can be kind and it is nice to help people through positive energy. Good health and other benefits.

ConsWork life balance is not existent. Growth is possible but nepotism as in other review is apparent. Alex and Ani is a love hate relationship. What you do for customers daily is fantastic, how the company can over work and treat its employees can be improved.

All that glitters is not gold

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGenerous discount, good affordable benefits for full time and management.

ConsNo work life balance, forget moving up if you aren't part of their inner circle. As the company grows more and more perks are being taken away. All while the CEO buys a 6.5 million dollar home with cash and the company airs commercials during the Superbowl. DM's are spread very thin managing several stores at a time thus unable to really keep tabs on the management staff in each store. Hard work goes unnoticed and unappreciated. Too much fraternization goes on here starting with the CEO on down.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold your store managers accountable. Conduct frequent audits and surprise visits. You may be surprised at what you find. Reward those who deserve it based on merit and hard work, not their relationship to the powers that be in Rhode Island. Your greed is going to be the demise if this company. Take a deep breath and refocus your attention on what the company was based on. Meaning making and charitable giving. This company is no longer what I had signed up for.

Worked for Alex and Ani? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alex and Ani reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alex and Ani CEO Giovanni Feroce. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Alex and Ani employees.