Alexander Aronson Finning & P.C

ProsGreat Growing Company with plenty of room for career growth

ConsNot a big 4 and as a public accountant ..you MUST look to work Big 4

I worked at AAF for 4 years

Audit Senior (Former Employee) Westborough, MA

ProsGood opportunities to get exposure early on. I was running my own audits within my first year of working here. Partners are always available to answer questions and help out.

ConsCertain managers act inappropriately at times around the audit staff.

Long hours, but that comes with the industry.

Extreme inefficiencies at times, especially for certain "old school" team members. This may be frustrating for employees who have come over from other firms and know of more efficient procedures.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe AAF can grow and become a great place to work (not just as voted on by the BBJ), however this means that managers and supervisors need to learn to interact more effectively with audit staff and seniors. Obviously there are some really great managers and AAF, but there should be a no-tolerance policy for bullying in the workplace. My greatest fear while working at AAF was that a client could walk in on a supervisor/manager belittling his/her staff.

Good development program and lots of opportunity

Senior Accountant (Former Employee) Westborough, MA

ProsGood learning, mentoring. Lots of opportunity to move up in the organization.

ConsOffice not in good condition, some clients are not in nice areas. Need more transparancy

Advice to Senior ManagementMove to newer office, get better clients

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good environment

Staff Accountant (Former Employee)

ProsGood people, good environment. Lots of learning opportunities and ability to move up the ranks if you want to stick around.

ConsTypical cons of any public accounting firm - long hours during busy season. Poor work/life balance sometimes.

Also, in general, public accounting isn't for everyone. It is the nature of a client service firm, you must be willing to put in the hours.

Also, meager benefits for certain accomplishments such as passing the CPA exams (only $500 bonus), and raises have significantly decreased in recent years.

Advice to Senior ManagementBump up some of the benefits to give incentive to stay. Lots of your younger and talented employees leave because there simply isn't enough incentive to stay. Give more for accomplishments such as passing the CPA exam, and don't be so meager on raises and bonuses. Also, bring back softball. Morale and environment is way down from prior years.

Worked for Alexander Aronson Finning & P.C? Contribute to the Community!