Alexander Proudfoot

Updated November 11, 2014
3.2

Alexander Proudfoot CEO Nick Stagg
Nick Stagg

Pros
  • They also take every opportunity to learn and get better (in 4 reviews)

• Exposure to many different industries, cultures, and businesses (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance can be difficult with the amount of traveling we do (in 8 reviews)

• long hours, little flexibility, constant travel (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Challenging in all the right ways

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get opportunities to dive headfirst into the kinds of operational issues that all companies face and learn sustainable, long term strategies to drive company growth and improve efficiency.

Cons

You will have to get used to the travel and the long hours. Many people can't handle it and it's something to take seriously before accepting a role here.

Compensation strategy could be improved. The bonus policy is very nebulous and could be more transparent.

Former Business Development

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Alexander Proudfoot full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent benefits. Good people at heart with good intentions. Excellent operationally focused implementation group. Good team atmosphere with a few exceptions.

Cons

No training. No sales vision. High turnover. Operations personnel leading sales. Change does not mean trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Utilize the truly talented and skilled employees. Don't lead from behind. You have leaders in this area of the company, but people that have spent their lives in operations have no clue how to identify, cultivate and retain good talent.

Needs to be Modernized and Overhauled ASAP

Former Employee - Installation Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Installation Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Alexander Proudfoot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will get a ton of valuable experience and interaction with clients. Some of the projects are actually very interesting and you will get exposure to many different industries and locations. Some of your fellow Installation Specialists that you meet are very cool and hardworking people that are enjoyable to work with. If you are really lucky you might get to work with a group that has experienced consultants who are willing to teach you their ways. There are some very capable leaders at the company but unfortunately not enough.

Cons

Work-life balance is a foreign concept, the company does not understand what it means or why so many younger people demand it. The compensation is below average for the type of work that you do, the amount of work that you do, and the consulting industry in general. The travel is EXTREME, you are expected to get to the work city Sunday night (sometimes even afternoon) and won't leave the work city until Friday afternoon or evening. The corporate benefits and programs are quite poor: The medical benefits are average, the training programs are below average, and career development is basically non-existent. Finally, the consulting concepts are very basic and although they may work in some instances or industries it is not enough for this modern age. Companies are expecting much more advanced concepts and use of data analytics which the company lacks.

The company needs a major overhaul and needs to be modernized ASAP (every minute you wait is a minute lost). The new CEO does have a vision for this change which seems to make sense but implementing it will be a challenge unless new leaders and management are brought into the company. Listen to your employees! They are the ones in the field day in and day out and many have very bright ideas that can make the company better. Good luck.

An Addicting Adrenaline Rush

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

For people with the desire and motivation to be constantly challenged and pushed to be the best at what they do, this is the place for you. Yes, the management can be blunt and tough on you at times, but ultimately they are pushing you to be better.

People who exceed at Proudfoot come in with an open mind and work hard. They also take every opportunity to learn and get better. Proudfoot is a tight-nit group of some of the hardest working people in the industry, which leads to life-long friendships.

Proudfoot made me realize I was capable of so much more than I ever thought, and I am tested and challenged each and every day. I'm eager to find out where my development will take me, and with this company I know it is endless.

Thank You AP!

Cons

People complain about training, but with the variability in what we do, there is not one training that will prepare you for every situation. You have to be adaptable, trainings that I have found most helpful are peer-led discussion around client handling and project success stories.

It'd be helpful to have more 1-on1 time with managers on development, even in a small company sometimes you can feel lost. Normally you need to reach out for immediate feedback.

Don't change our culture of working hard, but rather let's celebrate our successes more, especially highlighting teams or projects that got out of tough situations, or individuals that really put in the extra effort to hit a tight deadline. Being recognized would go a long way.

Business Development Coordinator

Current Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Alexander Proudfoot stands behind its employees especially in a time of need. I suffered a non work related injury and had to have emergency surgery, the HR department responded to my family over a holiday weekend and fellow employees were extremely supportive.
    The ability to interact with fortune 1000 C-Suite executives,
    Being a supporter of the United Way and other charities allow for fellowship among our employees.

Cons

The pressure to preform is a constant, In order to be successful one must welcome challenges and be fully dedicated to Proudfoot with both time and energy

The communication among the different units could be more centralized.

You can do better

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Proudfoot gives you the opportunity to see a wide range of companies and travel the world, but so do most consulting companies.

Cons

Unhealthy agressive/abusive culture. I moved to another consulting firm after working for Proudfoot for a little over a year and they are know industry wide for being a terrible place to work. Stay away!!!

Stay away

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pays well, great per diems

Cons

old boys club management. If you don't drink their koolaid, you're never going to make it. A process improvement company that is so screwed up internally- aka The teacher's child who can't read, the cobblers kid with no shoes. Senior management is rotated through departments in hopes that they are successful, when in reality, they are obsolete. Company does not market and will not negotiate contract pricing, making sales difficult and costing the employees billable hours opportunities. Saw many people less qualified get promoted ahead of me- not bitter, but nobody would give me advice worth a hoot whenever asked. I even created a new position that I saw a need for, and they hired an outsider instead of moving me in that role. Very Gossipy environment- still hearing the business of former employees who left over a year ago- must be leaky holes somewhere. Better plug them before another lawsuit comes their way...

Wouldn't even know where to start... I thought things would change when the NA CEO was ousted, but his cronies are still there ruling like outdated tyrants. Bring in Big Four management with reasonable expectations of staff and with an arsenal of fresh ideas. BECOME YOUR OWN CLIENT.

Great! Not a traditional place for work

Current Employee - Support in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Support in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Few companies are so global and so small, this means we all get to see very interesting realities and challenges. Having worked in large hierarchical organizations before, I appreciate the opportunity to help in so many fronts and have open access to such a talented pool of professionals. I enjoy we all, at all levels, get to roll up our sleeves and so stuff.

Cons

This company is not a traditional company, and that's not for everyone's taste. Maybe it's too traditional at times: "this is how we have done it before". Legacy not always plays well with dynamic business environment.

The organization needs to be more flexible and open to new ways. The foundations are strong, but that doesn't mean the way to do business needs to be inflexible.

Consultant

Current Employee - Manager of Operations in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager of Operations in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Rewarding bonus scheme, deliver strong results to clients, incredible opportunity to learn about different industries, and management styles. fast paced. have seen many people promoted into management roles from within

Cons

long hours, little flexibility, constant travel

improve on-boarding

Hard work, but very satisfying

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time

Pros

Alexander Proudfoot makes money by driving significant, rapid change in client company operations. This is difficult work. This difficult business requires a tough culture to make things happen. If you want to be treated with kid gloves, this is not the place for you. However, if you want to learn real world, effective skills quickly and be challenged to succeed, then give it a shot. In my opinion, the culture is tough, but fair. The compensation is good and you are guaranteed interesting clients, co-workers, and challenges. When you accomplish here, you really have accomplished something. Overall, a very satisfying place to work.

Cons

As previously stated, this is not an easy place to work. Travel is significant for most jobs, and there is a high expectation to work hard and deliver. If you are not on board for this type of commitment, Alexander Proudfoot is not the place for you.

Alexander Proudfoot Photos