Alexander Proudfoot

Nick Stagg

Business Development Coordinator

Current Employee - Business Development  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Alexander Proudfoot stands behind its employees especially in a time of need. I suffered a non work related injury and had to have emergency surgery, the HR department responded to my family over a holiday weekend and fellow employees were extremely supportive.
    The ability to interact with fortune 1000 C-Suite executives,
    Being a supporter of the United Way and other charities allow for fellowship among our employees.

Cons

The pressure to preform is a constant, In order to be successful one must welcome challenges and be fully dedicated to Proudfoot with both time and energy

The communication among the different units could be more centralized.

An Addicting Adrenaline Rush

Current Employee - Installation Specialist
    Current Employee - Installation Specialist

Pros

For people with the desire and motivation to be constantly challenged and pushed to be the best at what they do, this is the place for you. Yes, the management can be blunt and tough on you at times, but ultimately they are pushing you to be better.

People who exceed at Proudfoot come in with an open mind and work hard. They also take every opportunity to learn and get better. Proudfoot is a tight-nit group of some of the hardest working people in the industry, which leads to life-long friendships.

Proudfoot made me realize I was capable of so much more than I ever thought, and I am tested and challenged each and every day. I'm eager to find out where my development will take me, and with this company I know it is endless.

Thank You AP!

Cons

People complain about training, but with the variability in what we do, there is not one training that will prepare you for every situation. You have to be adaptable, trainings that I have found most helpful are peer-led discussion around client handling and project success stories.

It'd be helpful to have more 1-on1 time with managers on development, even in a small company sometimes you can feel lost. Normally you need to reach out for immediate feedback.

Don't change our culture of working hard, but rather let's celebrate our successes more, especially highlighting teams or projects that got out of tough situations, or individuals that really put in the extra effort to hit a tight deadline. Being recognized would go a long way.

You can do better

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Proudfoot gives you the opportunity to see a wide range of companies and travel the world, but so do most consulting companies.

Cons

Unhealthy agressive/abusive culture. I moved to another consulting firm after working for Proudfoot for a little over a year and they are know industry wide for being a terrible place to work. Stay away!!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stay away

Pros

Pays well, great per diems

Cons

old boys club management. If you don't drink their koolaid, you're never going to make it. A process improvement company that is so screwed up internally- aka The teacher's child who can't read, the cobblers kid with no shoes. Senior management is rotated through departments in hopes that they are successful, when in reality, they are obsolete. Company does not market and will not negotiate contract pricing, making sales difficult and costing the employees billable hours opportunities. Saw many people less qualified get promoted ahead of me- not bitter, but nobody would give me advice worth a hoot whenever asked. I even created a new position that I saw a need for, and they hired an outsider instead of moving me in that role. Very Gossipy environment- still hearing the business of former employees who left over a year ago- must be leaky holes somewhere. Better plug them before another lawsuit comes their way...

Wouldn't even know where to start... I thought things would change when the NA CEO was ousted, but his cronies are still there ruling like outdated tyrants. Bring in Big Four management with reasonable expectations of staff and with an arsenal of fresh ideas. BECOME YOUR OWN CLIENT.

Great! Not a traditional place for work

Current Employee - Support  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Support in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Few companies are so global and so small, this means we all get to see very interesting realities and challenges. Having worked in large hierarchical organizations before, I appreciate the opportunity to help in so many fronts and have open access to such a talented pool of professionals. I enjoy we all, at all levels, get to roll up our sleeves and so stuff.

Cons

This company is not a traditional company, and that's not for everyone's taste. Maybe it's too traditional at times: "this is how we have done it before". Legacy not always plays well with dynamic business environment.

The organization needs to be more flexible and open to new ways. The foundations are strong, but that doesn't mean the way to do business needs to be inflexible.

Hard work, but very satisfying

Pros

Alexander Proudfoot makes money by driving significant, rapid change in client company operations. This is difficult work. This difficult business requires a tough culture to make things happen. If you want to be treated with kid gloves, this is not the place for you. However, if you want to learn real world, effective skills quickly and be challenged to succeed, then give it a shot. In my opinion, the culture is tough, but fair. The compensation is good and you are guaranteed interesting clients, co-workers, and challenges. When you accomplish here, you really have accomplished something. Overall, a very satisfying place to work.

Cons

As previously stated, this is not an easy place to work. Travel is significant for most jobs, and there is a high expectation to work hard and deliver. If you are not on board for this type of commitment, Alexander Proudfoot is not the place for you.

Consultant

Current Employee - Manager of Operations  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager of Operations in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Rewarding bonus scheme, deliver strong results to clients, incredible opportunity to learn about different industries, and management styles. fast paced. have seen many people promoted into management roles from within

Cons

long hours, little flexibility, constant travel

improve on-boarding

Hard work and dedication

Pros

Proudfoot provides you with the opportunity to learn about various industries, businesses and cultures. You might be in a mine for one project working on productivity and then in an insurance company for your next project working on process improvements. Adaptability is key to success. If you are willing to put in the time and effort, do your best and show your dedication to Proudfoot, it will pay off in the long run. Though slow to promote, they are big on promoting from within. There is a good team environment and we all try to help each other out.

Cons

You must learn to adapt quickly as Proudfoot strives for exceptionalism. The company does not tolerate average. Extensive hours required whether you are in sales, operations or support - work/life balance can be very challenging.

The company needs to be more proactive rather than reactive.

Excellent career choice for those of us interested in diverse industry exposure and helping clients engineer change

Current Employee - Manager of Operations  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager of Operations in Atlanta, GA

Pros

* Pragmatic approach focused on delivering benefits for our clients
    * A wealth of on-going experience in multiple industries and within a myriad of departments
    * Disciplined project approach that translates good ideas into action
    * Client-focused responsibility is layered on as quickly as you can prove ready for more
    * Relentlessly self-examining - we are always looking for ways to strengthen our client partnerships, develop growth opportunities for our company, and improve training knowledge transference for our team

Cons

* We have a wealth of intellectual capital and an impressive performance track record from decades of experience - but we are not as well-known to Business Executives as we should be...
    * Need to step up incorporating technology-based applications to project approaches
    * Very criticizing culture can be difficult for people without "the thickest of skins" to adapt or thrive - extreme sense of urgency and overweighting discussions on employee weaknesses need to be tempered because this approach is not motivating for everyone (we're getting better at a more balanced approach but this needs to go faster...)

Embrace Bricolage - Accelerate your moves to keep the heart and soul of Alexander Proudfoot but make sure the mind and body are equipped to handle the very latest in business challenges, employee development needs, and cultivation of client relationships

Rewarding environment for those that are willing to work hard!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The fast-paced, client-centric culture at Proudfoot can be overwhelming for some but extremely rewarding from an experience standpoint for others. Having worked with other consulting firms, I know that (by comparison) Proudfoot will provide exposure to more industry verticals and potentially more international locations for members of the operations group within the company. The travel is extensive and the work is difficult at times, but the experience I've gained here in less than two years has been tremendous. I've also built some terrific relationships with other team members and have had the opportunity to learn from a lot of managers and directors that have been here for decades.

As for the work with the clients, I have seen positive impact from what we have done on most of my assignments - even in instances where we had clients that didn't want a consulting firm telling them what to do. I have definitely learned the idea of productivity improvement for clients.

Overall, working at Proudfoot isn't for everyone, but for the type of person that enjoys the travel and is willing to be aggressive in what they do to help clients, it can be a lot of fun.

Cons

The training and development schedule has been inconsistent over the past 18 months due to scheduling challenges and client conflicts, but when it has occurred it has been very beneficial. The travel can be taxing as we go out to client sites on Sunday nights and don't come home until Friday if I am on a North America project. For international projects, you could be out for 2-3 weeks at a time. The work life balance thing is tough because of the travel. Senior leadership can seem distant at times because they travel as well and even though engagement is getting better from that team, it could still vastly improve.

Be more consistent with the training and development schedule for employees by pulling us off of client sites as necessary to be trained on a timely basis.

Senior leadership (from the top down) also needs to be more visible to field members and keep a more consistent line of communication to the organization.

Allow us to help with internal project work or participate in training when we are on the beach so we can continue to contribute and grow in between projects.

Take a look at how we compare compensation wise in the market and make adjustments accordingly - right now our pay is "middle of the pack" for consulting firms and could be more competitive.

Worked for Alexander Proudfoot? Contribute to the Community!