Alexander Proudfoot
www.alexanderproudfoot.com Atlanta, GA 500 to 999 Employees

Alexander Proudfoot Reviews

Updated Mar 12, 2014
Alexander Proudfoot – London – “London Office”

Not yet rated.

Alexander Proudfoot CEO Nick Stagg

Nick Stagg

Great! Not a traditional place for work

Support (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFew companies are so global and so small, this means we all get to see very interesting realities and challenges. Having worked in large hierarchical organizations before, I appreciate the opportunity to help in so many fronts and have open access to such a talented pool of professionals. I enjoy we all, at all levels, get to roll up our sleeves and so stuff.

ConsThis company is not a traditional company, and that's not for everyone's taste. Maybe it's too traditional at times: "this is how we have done it before". Legacy not always plays well with dynamic business environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe organization needs to be more flexible and open to new ways. The foundations are strong, but that doesn't mean the way to do business needs to be inflexible.

Hard work, but very satisfying

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time

ProsAlexander Proudfoot makes money by driving significant, rapid change in client company operations. This is difficult work. This difficult business requires a tough culture to make things happen. If you want to be treated with kid gloves, this is not the place for you. However, if you want to learn real world, effective skills quickly and be challenged to succeed, then give it a shot. In my opinion, the culture is tough, but fair. The compensation is good and you are guaranteed interesting clients, co-workers, and challenges. When you accomplish here, you really have accomplished something. Overall, a very satisfying place to work.

ConsAs previously stated, this is not an easy place to work. Travel is significant for most jobs, and there is a high expectation to work hard and deliver. If you are not on board for this type of commitment, Alexander Proudfoot is not the place for you.

Consultant

Manager of Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time for more than 8 years

ProsRewarding bonus scheme, deliver strong results to clients, incredible opportunity to learn about different industries, and management styles. fast paced. have seen many people promoted into management roles from within

Conslong hours, little flexibility, constant travel

Advice to Senior Managementimprove on-boarding

I've been able to broaden my horizons more than I could have ever imagined.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAs an employee at Alexander Proudfoot, I get to see different cultures, learn about numerous industries and have an input on how large corporations are operated. For me, my time at Alexander Proudfoot has been incredible. Plus, I get to live the "Up in the Air" life. The organization has demonstrated it is a class act especially during critical times within my own life. The training has improved both for new hires and succession planning. The people are great to work with and you really feel like you can make an impact wherever you go.

ConsYou must like to travel. If you are a homebody, this is not the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThings have become better. Keep up the good work.

Hard work and dedication

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time for more than 8 years

ProsProudfoot provides you with the opportunity to learn about various industries, businesses and cultures. You might be in a mine for one project working on productivity and then in an insurance company for your next project working on process improvements. Adaptability is key to success. If you are willing to put in the time and effort, do your best and show your dedication to Proudfoot, it will pay off in the long run. Though slow to promote, they are big on promoting from within. There is a good team environment and we all try to help each other out.

ConsYou must learn to adapt quickly as Proudfoot strives for exceptionalism. The company does not tolerate average. Extensive hours required whether you are in sales, operations or support - work/life balance can be very challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to be more proactive rather than reactive.

Excellent career choice for those of us interested in diverse industry exposure and helping clients engineer change

Manager of Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros* Pragmatic approach focused on delivering benefits for our clients
* A wealth of on-going experience in multiple industries and within a myriad of departments
* Disciplined project approach that translates good ideas into action
* Client-focused responsibility is layered on as quickly as you can prove ready for more
* Relentlessly self-examining - we are always looking for ways to strengthen our client partnerships, develop growth opportunities for our company, and improve training knowledge transference for our team

Cons* We have a wealth of intellectual capital and an impressive performance track record from decades of experience - but we are not as well-known to Business Executives as we should be...
* Need to step up incorporating technology-based applications to project approaches
* Very criticizing culture can be difficult for people without "the thickest of skins" to adapt or thrive - extreme sense of urgency and overweighting discussions on employee weaknesses need to be tempered because this approach is not motivating for everyone (we're getting better at a more balanced approach but this needs to go faster...)

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace Bricolage - Accelerate your moves to keep the heart and soul of Alexander Proudfoot but make sure the mind and body are equipped to handle the very latest in business challenges, employee development needs, and cultivation of client relationships

Rewarding environment for those that are willing to work hard!

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time for more than a year

ProsThe fast-paced, client-centric culture at Proudfoot can be overwhelming for some but extremely rewarding from an experience standpoint for others. Having worked with other consulting firms, I know that (by comparison) Proudfoot will provide exposure to more industry verticals and potentially more international locations for members of the operations group within the company. The travel is extensive and the work is difficult at times, but the experience I've gained here in less than two years has been tremendous. I've also built some terrific relationships with other team members and have had the opportunity to learn from a lot of managers and directors that have been here for decades.

As for the work with the clients, I have seen positive impact from what we have done on most of my assignments - even in instances where we had clients that didn't want a consulting firm telling them what to do. I have definitely learned the idea of productivity improvement for clients.

Overall, working at Proudfoot isn't for everyone, but for the type of person that enjoys the travel and is willing to be aggressive in what they do to help clients, it can be a lot of fun.

ConsThe training and development schedule has been inconsistent over the past 18 months due to scheduling challenges and client conflicts, but when it has occurred it has been very beneficial. The travel can be taxing as we go out to client sites on Sunday nights and don't come home until Friday if I am on a North America project. For international projects, you could be out for 2-3 weeks at a time. The work life balance thing is tough because of the travel. Senior leadership can seem distant at times because they travel as well and even though engagement is getting better from that team, it could still vastly improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more consistent with the training and development schedule for employees by pulling us off of client sites as necessary to be trained on a timely basis.

Senior leadership (from the top down) also needs to be more visible to field members and keep a more consistent line of communication to the organization.

Allow us to help with internal project work or participate in training when we are on the beach so we can continue to contribute and grow in between projects.

Take a look at how we compare compensation wise in the market and make adjustments accordingly - right now our pay is "middle of the pack" for consulting firms and could be more competitive.

Work for Proudfoot, see the World!

Installation Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time for more than a year

ProsExperience in different industries, great incentives, fast pace atmosphere, and get a change to work with some very talented people! Your are rewarded for your hard work and dedication, definitely a job for the ones that are willing to put in the time.

ConsWork-Life balance can be difficult with the amount of traveling we do.

Experiences like none other

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot

ProsExposure to many different industries, cultures, and businesses.
Potential to make money

ConsWork live life balance does not exist and is not a priority

Alexander Proudfoot does not tolerate mediocrity.

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time for more than 3 years

ProsField consultants are given opportunities early in their career that would otherwise take 15 years to have. The work is challenging, but can be rewarding in both terms of knowledge/skills gains and financially. Every project is new and different - different place, different people, different cultures, but the challenges businesses face are generally the same. So the knowledge and experience you gain from Project A, helps you on Project B, and I believe will help when or if you ultimately go somewhere else. It is not for the faint of heart. You will be challenged, and expected to perform and respond. Do well, and you're given more opportunity. It is not an organization that tolerates mediocrity. Everyone is expected to perform, all the time. Past successes don't give you a bye. The Proudfoot process works in almost any situation, and it truely does get results and it earns the respect of clients at all levels, from all walks of life. Integrity and the ability to get things done are the most important virtues here.

ConsThe firm has been slow to adopt to some of the more modern ways of doing business. But given their longevity, it is hard to argue that their model does not work. Constant travel can wear you down, so you have to be smart in planning time off. Bureaucracy can sometimes be a bottleneck.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs with any organization, to keep talent, you must continue to grow the business.

Worked for Alexander Proudfoot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alexander Proudfoot reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alexander Proudfoot CEO Nick Stagg . All 40 reviews posted anonymously by Alexander Proudfoot employees.