Alexander Proudfoot Reviews

57 reviews filtered by
3.3
Alexander Proudfoot CEO Nick Stagg
Nick Stagg

Pros
  • They also take every opportunity to learn and get better (in 4 reviews)

• Exposure to many different industries, cultures, and businesses (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance can be difficult with the amount of traveling we do (in 8 reviews)

• long hours, little flexibility, constant travel (in 4 reviews)

Challenging in all the right ways

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get opportunities to dive headfirst into the kinds of operational issues that all companies face and learn sustainable, long term strategies to drive company growth and improve efficiency.

Cons

You will have to get used to the travel and the long hours. Many people can't handle it and it's something to take seriously before accepting a role here.

Advice to Management

Compensation strategy could be improved. The bonus policy is very nebulous and could be more transparent.

2. Operations Manager

I worked at Alexander Proudfoot full-time

Pros

Exposure to leading companies in different industries. Opportunity to travel and work internationally. Opportunity to build client relationships and help clients get results.

Cons

Culture for change does not really exist. Political. Reward system is backwards; rewards bad behavior. Put people in positions before they are ready to cut costs. Incoming work is inconsistent. Feast or famine.

Advice to Management

Provide IT support to streamline cumbersome system solutions. Practice what you preach. Stop putting poor performing VPs in different positions and expecting them to succeed.

3. Living out of a suitcase

I worked at Alexander Proudfoot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Experience working with team in fast paced environments. Learned a lot and never got bored. Worked with clients in manufacturing, aerospace, service industries. Valuable experience learning process improvement and change management. Given a lot of responsibility early on to prove myself.

Cons

100% travel. Leave home on Sunday & return on Friday. It is very difficult to have a family life. It is a very high pressure job.

Advice to Management

Schedule employees so that they time off on a regular basis. Let employees know ahead of time when their time off will be. Employees are on the job from Sunday through Friday so they should have a week off every quarter. This would create a better working environment, less turnover, more experienced employees.

Terrible environment

I worked at Alexander Proudfoot

Pros

Met some really great people

Cons

The was a horrible work/life balance

Advice to Management

extreme management turnover

Run away as fast as you can!

I worked at Alexander Proudfoot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay and experience, virtually nothing else!

Cons

Churn and burn... The market place knows this is the culture. As much as they are trying to change the reputation, this will not happen until the old guard is replaced. It's almost like a partnership for a public company - pay huge salaries to inept management (there are a few that know what they are doing) and have a 100% turn over rate in almost all departments in the company.

Advice to Management

MCG board, release those holding you back and get on the boat from London to see what actually happens here. Reports are not going to solve the years of management problem, action is! Practice the methods you preach to your clients.

Former Business Development

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Alexander Proudfoot full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits. Good people at heart with good intentions. Excellent operationally focused implementation group. Good team atmosphere with a few exceptions.

Cons

No training. No sales vision. High turnover. Operations personnel leading sales. Change does not mean trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Advice to Management

Utilize the truly talented and skilled employees. Don't lead from behind. You have leaders in this area of the company, but people that have spent their lives in operations have no clue how to identify, cultivate and retain good talent.

Needs to be Modernized and Overhauled ASAP

I worked at Alexander Proudfoot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You will get a ton of valuable experience and interaction with clients. Some of the projects are actually very interesting and you will get exposure to many different industries and locations. Some of your fellow Installation Specialists that you meet are very cool and hardworking people that are enjoyable to work with. If you are really lucky you might get to work with a group that has experienced consultants who are willing to teach you their ways. There are some very capable leaders at the company but unfortunately not enough.

Cons

Work-life balance is a foreign concept, the company does not understand what it means or why so many younger people demand it. The compensation is below average for the type of work that you do, the amount of work that you do, and the consulting industry in general. The travel is EXTREME, you are expected to get to the work city Sunday night (sometimes even afternoon) and won't leave the work city until Friday afternoon or evening. The corporate benefits and programs are quite poor: The medical benefits are average, the training programs are below average, and career development is basically non-existent. Finally, the consulting concepts are very basic and although they may work in some instances or industries it is not enough for this modern age. Companies are expecting much more advanced concepts and use of data analytics which the company lacks.

Advice to Management

The company needs a major overhaul and needs to be modernized ASAP (every minute you wait is a minute lost). The new CEO does have a vision for this change which seems to make sense but implementing it will be a challenge unless new leaders and management are brought into the company. Listen to your employees! They are the ones in the field day in and day out and many have very bright ideas that can make the company better. Good luck.

9. An Addicting Adrenaline Rush

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

For people with the desire and motivation to be constantly challenged and pushed to be the best at what they do, this is the place for you. Yes, the management can be blunt and tough on you at times, but ultimately they are pushing you to be better.

People who exceed at Proudfoot come in with an open mind and work hard. They also take every opportunity to learn and get better. Proudfoot is a tight-nit group of some of the hardest working people in the industry, which leads to life-long friendships.

Proudfoot made me realize I was capable of so much more than I ever thought, and I am tested and challenged each and every day. I'm eager to find out where my development will take me, and with this company I know it is endless.

Thank You AP!

Cons

People complain about training, but with the variability in what we do, there is not one training that will prepare you for every situation. You have to be adaptable, trainings that I have found most helpful are peer-led discussion around client handling and project success stories.

It'd be helpful to have more 1-on1 time with managers on development, even in a small company sometimes you can feel lost. Normally you need to reach out for immediate feedback.

Advice to Management

Don't change our culture of working hard, but rather let's celebrate our successes more, especially highlighting teams or projects that got out of tough situations, or individuals that really put in the extra effort to hit a tight deadline. Being recognized would go a long way.

Business Development Coordinator

Current Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Alexander Proudfoot stands behind its employees especially in a time of need. I suffered a non work related injury and had to have emergency surgery, the HR department responded to my family over a holiday weekend and fellow employees were extremely supportive.
    The ability to interact with fortune 1000 C-Suite executives,
    Being a supporter of the United Way and other charities allow for fellowship among our employees.

Cons

The pressure to preform is a constant, In order to be successful one must welcome challenges and be fully dedicated to Proudfoot with both time and energy

Advice to Management

The communication among the different units could be more centralized.

11. You can do better

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Alexander Proudfoot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Proudfoot gives you the opportunity to see a wide range of companies and travel the world, but so do most consulting companies.

Cons

Unhealthy agressive/abusive culture. I moved to another consulting firm after working for Proudfoot for a little over a year and they are know industry wide for being a terrible place to work. Stay away!!!

Alexander Proudfoot Photos