Alfred Angelo Bridal

Updated Mar 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Vincent Piccione

Please don't make the mistake of working here.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

ProsThe best part is hearing from other stores how much we all hate what we do and who we do it for.

ConsThere are endless conference calls. Every week the hours are less and less, but the goals are more and more.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention! Your hours are being cut making us take less and less appts. Of course your sales are tanking. Let the managers do what is best for each store. What works in one market doesn't work in another. It's common knowledge. Just because they can write emails and say sell sell sell doesnt mean they know anything

Sad to Work here

San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

ProsThe customers are great to work with.

ConsThey cut hours every week. Very unprofessional. Unobtainable goals. Very out dated and poorly run company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart over. Care about the employees.

Senior Management is not motivating

Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

ProsProviding the experience for the customers is great. Your team is great.

ConsManagement is not management. They belittle you and demean you in every possible way when you're trying your best. Even when you do your best there is not recognition. They are not fair to their employees to say the least. They do not appreciate their management or employees for that matter. The pressure for sales is there for sure. However, there is a motivating way to going about doing so. At times it feels like harassment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more positive and supportive. When management asks for help in what you are coaching them on give some type of feedback. Do not harass your employees who are on the front line with the customers. You will lose great employees due to your practices that you are implementing. Practices being treatment and way of talking to your employees. Never ending conference calls. Literally one day of the week the entire day we are on conference calls. Talking about our numbers is not making anything better. We need more time on the floor to coach our employees and train the new ones coming in. We do not have the payroll to even support that. Morale is down, nothing like it was a few years ago.

Former Manager

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe clientele...nothing like helping a bride find her dream dress!

ConsThe company and upper management. They only care about numbers and offer no help to you at all when needed. I didn't see our district manager for almost 6 months!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hard look at your upper management. There are people who should go and managers that should still be there. And give your people positive reinforcement! Almost everyone in my store is scared of our DM and hates coming to work. Terrible.

Big mistake.

Bridal Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time for less than a year

ProsThe team I worked with was very nice, and more than willing to help you whenever needed, better than the management.

ConsThey say this company has phenomenal training, yeah right. I did not last here long because I received no real training, and was thrown into scenarios in which I had no knowledge. Not Cool.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire your extra staff BEFORE the upcoming busy season, so you can train them to do the job well. I personally felt lost at every moment working there because I was just put in situations I had no knowledge/answers to. I've never held a position that I was never trained to confidently do the tasks at hand. Also, consider increasing the wages to the stylists/specialists who will not have many chances at making a commission. Your minimum wage + commission is a joke.

Designer Boutique? Minimum Wage Pay!

Bridal Stylist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat co-workers of all ages who love assisting brides and bridal parties.

ConsWorkmanship on dresses is less than "designer". Many dresses are simply overpriced for the level of quality.
Pay is at best insulting in this day and age. Minimum wage. Sure you can make commission (currently 4%), but you have to wait 10-12 weeks (really more) when the dresses are actually picked up before the commission check is even generated from the company.
I'm sure they have extremely high turnover as "grown-ups" who are hired as bridal stylist simply cant make ends meet on such a low salary. I HAD to take this job because my unemployment was running out, but I am still looking for a job that pays a fair wage and can give me steady hours, In short, I will probably only be there for a month or so. Which is a shame, because I would have really liked to pursue a career in bridal gown sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do something about the pay rate for stylist. The gowns average retail for $1800+. The job is great for college kids who don't mind making minimum wage but for many of my co-workers, they are actively looking for or have another job. Restructure the commission schedule as we typically have the credit card information to secure the balances on the dresses when they are received in the store. How about commission on the deposit immediately and the balance when the dress arrives at the store. This is such an important day brides have entrusted to the stylist, A.A. should feel the same regarding the treatment and pay of their employees.

Bridal Stylist

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

ProsCo-workers are great, fun place to work. Clients are fabulous!

ConsUnprofessional environment. If not careful, a sale could be missed for lack of professionalism on the sales floor. Guard your clients!

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key. All of the information concerning the lines are not equally shared with all employees. You shouldn't have to ask if a line is being discontinued. This information should be readily shared with all concerning parties. It could effect a sale.

Store Manager

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than a year

ProsI feel that my job is truly rewarding. I love what I do, create the vision of the happiest day of your life, with women of all ages and cultures. The fact that my professional guidance helps clueless women everywhere gives me a warm feeling.

ConsCustomers have such a high expectation. I understand that it is their day, but brides do not know how to take control of their maids. Customers expect you to bend over backwards for you over something so minute. You must find a healthy balance on doing what is right and wrong. Customer service goes a long way.

Advice to Senior ManagementPraise goes a long way. I feel that my DM respects me and gives credit when due. The other store managers that are on this page writing how things suck and they are over worked. that may be true but it is all about how you treat your staff. There may be some weeks where you have to put a little more in, but the pay off is worth it. Your staff is what makes your store great. Invest the time into them and you will go far as a store. Keep the good ones happy.

Great Place to Start

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMeeting Great People
Making wonderful connections

ConsHorrible Pay
Merchandise defects
Merchandise arrival times that make disgruntled customers
No promotion from within
Horrible Management

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise management to promote from within and provide company benefits to all employees part time and full time.

Everyone was super fabulous EXCEPT DM

Store Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat business with awesome training program. Lots of opportunity to shine. Access to interact with company owners and execs. Other managers had a great attitude.

ConsDistrict Manager did not know what she was doing. Store managers did her work for her. She was a bully. No people skills. In three years she "lost" over 50% of the district managerial staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the worst DM that you have. You know who she is as many complaints have been reported. She is driving your business down, down,down with her tactics and lack of people skills.

Worked for Alfred Angelo Bridal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alfred Angelo Bridal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alfred Angelo Bridal CEO Vincent Piccione. All 44 reviews posted anonymously by Alfred Angelo Bridal employees.