Alfred Angelo Bridal

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Vincent Piccione

Pros
  • Co-workers are great, fun place to work (in 4 reviews)

• Family owned loyalty but corporate consistency and professionalism (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I didn't see our district manager for almost 6 months (in 5 reviews)

• The company and upper management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company, Some Flaws

Marketing Intern (Former Employee)

ProsGreat business
    Excellent industry - Weddings are really a lot of fun, and nothing is more central to a wedding then the dress.
    Competent higher level employees

ConsCompany went through so many changes recently, and isn't what it used to be. They are moving down to Florida, and are letting go some of their best employees, just because someone there doesn't want to split their time between their house there and PA.

Didn't offer a ton of programs for employees, not much company culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't put one over on your employees and make them feel used... it leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouths.

Good Company to work for!

ProsSuch a fun job! Making every brides dreams come true. Good Sales training. Typically every Alfred Angelo has a great staff.

ConsMost of the time you work odd hours of the day and the pay is pretty low for what you do!

Just OK

Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGreat coworkers
    Good discount if you need a dress or accesories

ConsTerrible management and corporate team

Advice to Senior ManagementStart caring about your customers!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a great job for college students.

Third Key/Bridal Stylist (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe people are great! Sweet, funny and caring. All these things help to create a great, supportive team. You also earn commission which is nice benefit.

ConsTrue the company needs to update their computer systems. There should be benefits for full time employees and shouldn't be a hassle to acquire those. Even though you receive commission on your sales it can take up to six months to reap the benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support your team and they will continue to work and be happy.

Bridal stylist

ProsCommission
    Promised hours
    Building relationships with your brides
    Working in my career related field
    Trying to fill up space now

ConsHorrible management with horrible sense of time management
    No one listens to the needs of the employees. If you do voice your opinion, it's just to have it shut down by the view of the manager.
    Micromanaging at it's fullest.
    I feel like I'm under so much pressure to sell that even my brides can see it. Things run much smoother (and just as successfully monetarily), yet more productively and efficiently when the manager isn't there.
    Always overbooked. Saturdays are mandatory.
    I work well over 40 hrs a week, yet I'm still considered part time, which also means no benefits.
    Given responsibilities of a management position without the pay raise or promotion.
    Commission doesn't arrive until the merchandise hits the store.
    Continuous back tracking for all methods of anything done in the store.
    Systems are outdated. Though they work for the remedial needs we have, they're still fairly inefficient.
    I work in a smaller store in a smaller area, so booking appropriately is a must!!! Know your limits!!

WORST BRIDAL COMPANY YOU COULD POSSIBLY WORK FOR

Store Manager (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsHAPPY CUSTOMERS - WHEN THEY APPEARED

ConsIf you have dreams of becoming wedding planner, stop. Do not enter.
    If you think that selling beautiful dresses to brides will make you customer service dreams come true? STOP this place is not for you.

This company does not care for its employees nor its customers. With cheaper quality fabric as each season passes, and dresses that arrive way too early. " Made for you this is not" NOTHING is especially made for you, they have these dresses premade, almost like the t-shirts you buy from the Gap (mind you the T-Shirts are of better quality than some of these pieces)

The management is incompetent, the computer systems are archaic, they simply do not care in any shape or form.

Advice to Senior Managementmove into 2014, stop selling lies,

Poor Upper Management

Stylist (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, it's pretty easy to ask for less / more hours, as long as you notify the manager in advance, it's usually OK.

ConsIt takes about 1 year to see why employees run away from this company : They don't treat their employees well. We are just replaceable goods to Alfred Angelo. I was one of the best stylists in the store, very good seller, accommodating, willing to do the dirty work, ..... even willing to admit my mistakes!! But funnily enough, the Store Manager made things more difficult for me when I started to do well. Most of the time I was just punished .... for doing things right.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are a CEO or Vice President, please be careful about who you hire as District managers (They are the ones who will hire Store Managers). And bad Store Managers will drive away some of the best stylists there are. They bully the nicest, well-meaning, and professional stylists. Just because they feel threatened, Just because they want to be the ONLY one to make sales. They steal the Stylists' commissions. And when I tried to communicate and work things out with them, I get more negativity and punishment.

So unprofessional. Are we back in kindergarten?

Bridal Stylist

Bridal Specialist (Former Employee) Rancho Cucamonga, CA

ProsI really liked the over time

ConsThis company is very awful to work for, I was one of their top sales girls, I got promoted my first month I was there to bridal stylist. At first the manger loved me but when I started inquring about assistant mangement position. Instead of helping me she started to treat me with disrespect. On my last day of working they worked me the whole day, and then told me they have my last pay check. I was laid off with no reason what so ever. They have no regards for you as an employee, your just another worker to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore professional

Poor treatment of employees and customers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI was lucky because I hired and maintained a great team at my store so we all worked well together.

ConsThere was not any support or communication from the company at all. Their customer service was poor and being a manager it was hard being the middle man for a company who doesn't care about its customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your front line staff, give them reviews and raises when they deserve them.

Poor Upper Management

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsGreat customers, fun work environment. Great co-workers, the bridal events are fun, fun, fun. In spite of my employment ended, I was able to learn a great deal that I will apply to future endeavors.

ConsThe company is not properly structured. The Store Management has no autonomy. The DM that I worked for would rather place blame on anyone than herself. She lacks integrity in most situations that are not favorable to her. The training is okay, you have to judge that on a store by store scenario. My SM was a great trainer and I learned valuable information from her. The lack of work-life balance is what most managers complain about. There has to be something that can be done. This should seriously be reviewed by someone in a position of authority with the ability to make change.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease place an individual in place to actually supervise the DM staff. From what I've experienced the majority of them lack integrity and only look out for themselves. The company overall is pretty good, but that DM level needs serious improvement. Good management has been lost as a result of the lack of professionalism from the DM staff. I had an at home accident and was totally mishandled by the DM to the point that she replaced my position and I was under recovery. This company needs an in-house HR department that knows and exercises true HR law.

Worked for Alfred Angelo Bridal? Contribute to the Community!