Alfred Angelo Bridal Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Vincent Piccione

Pros
  • Family owned loyalty but corporate consistency and professionalism (in 5 reviews)

• It's great getting to help make a girls wedding dreams come true (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • District Manager plays one associate and or manager against the other which creates a lot of drama (in 7 reviews)

• Their customer service was poor and being a manager it was hard being the middle man for a company who doesn't care about its customer (in 4 reviews)

1. Growing Company with lots of Opportunity

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New training programs, creative marketing, cutting edge designs , dramatic management changes that have put the emphasis on each employee's day to be one of learning and growth, but most of all a renewed energy and the passion to enrich the customer experience, that will take this long standing company to the top!

Cons

Technology programs are being upgraded and need further advancement for stronger communication in all area's of the company benefiting customer, employee and management

2. Great company

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training programs and materials - corrections are done in a positive and teaching/learning way instead of scolding way Professional and friendly Family owned loyalty but corporate consistency and professionalism Never a dull moment Great selection of colors, sizes, customization options, and styles - Great quality merchandise - I can actually believe what I sell They truly care for the customer

Cons

The systems and programs are a little slow and outdated Replenishments and stock of office supplies, toiletries, and maintainence don't seem to be as important of a priority

3. Love our rancho family

Current Employee - Third Key in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Third Key in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing management, incredible district manager, store manager of rancho is always there to help you , if you ever have a question your dm is only one call away , your team is very much like your family I actually look forward to going in to work every day

Cons

The customers are not always the nicest but you have great management there to help you In any situation

Advice to Management

I couldn't ask for a better store manager or district manager they are incredible people

5. Amazing family owned and operated.... Well established

Current Employee - Store Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have a huge passion for this company. Alfred Angelo was founded in 1933 and is still family owned and operated. This company is continuing to grow stronger and stronger every yr. I have been with Alfred Angelo Bridal for 5yrs now and this is my career, my passion. As a manager I have a great support team, district manager is extremely approachable and very much involved in the stores to make our district very successful. We have on going training within our district to keep our talents and skills fine tuned. Great opportunity for management as well as stylist.

Cons

I believe every company has room for changes and improvements, Alfred Angelo Bridal is defiantly on the right track.

Advice to Management

I feel that we finally have a district manager that has walked in the store managers shoes before becoming the district manager, which gives here a better look on how to run the district and lead a successful team.

6. Over the past few years I have progressed with a company that I truly have a passion for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This family owned company really has the best intentions in mind in regards to their customers and employees. How often in retail do you get to work so closely with a person and share in the most emotional purchase of her life? It is a rewarding experience to say the least.

Cons

Outdated technology. The company could really put some effort into upgrading systems in their retail stores. They might also benefit from a more updated advertising campaign to drive business.

7. Magical

Current Employee - Stylist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Stylist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very exciting helping brides find their dream gown .. opportunity to move up / career

Cons

work every Saturday and most Sundays ..

Advice to Management

get updated computer systems .. put money back into stores appearance

8. Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Fun atmosphere. .descent hrs..descent pay

Cons

Outdated computers system..bigger break area

Advice to Management

Remember people work for people..treat staff accordingly

9. Great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to move up in the company. Great possibility to make good money with commission.

Cons

Could use better information on product delivery times to give to the customers

10. Hardwork Always Pays Off

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

Pros

Alfred Angelo is a small company with strong family feel. Easy access to upper management at this company is unheard of in larger institutions. Hard work is absolutely noticed and appreciated. I have been promoted 2 times in 5 years. I appreciate who I work for and feel very appreciated back!.

Cons

Bridal is a different retail experience. It does not follow traditional retail rules. Customers are emotional, it takes a lot of patience and self control to be in this business. Staff members are also on Commission and that is also not the retail norm, and makes supervising these people much more taxing and challenging. It is a business you either love or hate. I love it, but unfortunately there are too many people in bridal that do not like it , but stay in it for the paycheck. Unfortunately, that gives the industry and many bridal companies a bad name. This also makes it challenging as a manager to find quality people to staff in store.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on goals for promoting from within, creating bonus structures that compensate for the hard work and effort people put in. Continue to innovate and look for cutting edge product for store personnel to be proud to sell.

11. fast pace fun and rewarding

Pros

I have been a part of a fast growth area within the company and have found each day to include new building pieces that need to be created reviewed and put in place. This allows both creativity and challenge for me and the entire team. It has been great to see people grow and move up in their group. This is a company that has always taken care of the people and continues to do so even in these hard times. The senior management is approachable and always listens. The example set by senior management during the years I have been around has been to roll up their sleeves and work hard. I am a proud member of the Alfred Angelo team and have been for more than a decade

Cons

A fast growing area has minimal down time, but this is the way I like to work.

Advice to Management

Place resources in the areas that count. A little undercover boss can be a good thing. Sometimes it’s the small details that can be missed. We are all here to create the experience while selling the dress, clear the path to allow this to continue on.

RSS Feed </> Embed