Alfred Angelo Bridal

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Vincent Piccione

Pros
  • Co-workers are great, fun place to work(in 4 reviews)

• Family owned loyalty but corporate consistency and professionalism(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I didn't see our district manager for almost 6 months(in 5 reviews)

• The company and upper management(in 5 reviews)

Over the past few years I have progressed with a company that I truly have a passion for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThis family owned company really has the best intentions in mind in regards to their customers and employees. How often in retail do you get to work so closely with a person and share in the most emotional purchase of her life? It is a rewarding experience to say the least.

ConsOutdated technology. The company could really put some effort into upgrading systems in their retail stores. They might also benefit from a more updated advertising campaign to drive business.

Amazing family owned and operated.... Well established

Store Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsI have a huge passion for this company. Alfred Angelo was founded in 1933 and is still family owned and operated. This company is continuing to grow stronger and stronger every yr. I have been with Alfred Angelo Bridal for 5yrs now and this is my career, my passion.

As a manager I have a great support team, district manager is extremely approachable and very much involved in the stores to make our district very successful. We have on going training within our district to keep our talents and skills fine tuned.

Great opportunity for management as well as stylist.

ConsI believe every company has room for changes and improvements, Alfred Angelo Bridal is defiantly on the right track.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel that we finally have a district manager that has walked in the store managers shoes before becoming the district manager, which gives here a better look on how to run the district and lead a successful team.

Love our rancho family

Third Key (Current Employee) Rancho Cucamonga, CA

ProsAmazing management, incredible district manager, store manager of rancho is always there to help you , if you ever have a question your dm is only one call away , your team is very much like your family I actually look forward to going in to work every day

ConsThe customers are not always the nicest but you have great management there to help you In any situation

Advice to Senior ManagementI couldn't ask for a better store manager or district manager they are incredible people

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsTraining programs and materials - corrections are done in a positive and teaching/learning way instead of scolding way
    Professional and friendly
    Family owned loyalty but corporate consistency and professionalism
    Never a dull moment
    Great selection of colors, sizes, customization options, and styles - Great quality merchandise - I can actually believe what I sell
    They truly care for the customer

ConsThe systems and programs are a little slow and outdated
    Replenishments and stock of office supplies, toiletries, and maintainence don't seem to be as important of a priority

Growing Company with lots of Opportunity

ProsNew training programs, creative marketing, cutting edge designs , dramatic management changes that have put the emphasis on each employee's day to be one of learning and growth, but most of all a renewed energy and the passion to enrich the customer experience, that will take this long standing company to the top!

ConsTechnology programs are being upgraded and need further advancement for stronger communication in all area's of the company benefiting customer, employee and management

fast pace fun and rewarding

(Current Employee)

ProsI have been a part of a fast growth area within the company and have found each day to include new building pieces that need to be created reviewed and put in place. This allows both creativity and challenge for me and the entire team. It has been great to see people grow and move up in their group. This is a company that has always taken care of the people and continues to do so even in these hard times. The senior management is approachable and always listens. The example set by senior management during the years I have been around has been to roll up their sleeves and work hard.

I am a proud member of the Alfred Angelo team and have been for more than a decade

ConsA fast growing area has minimal down time, but this is the way I like to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace resources in the areas that count. A little undercover boss can be a good thing. Sometimes it’s the small details that can be missed. We are all here to create the experience while selling the dress, clear the path to allow this to continue on.

Hardwork Always Pays Off

Management (Current Employee)

ProsAlfred Angelo is a small company with strong family feel. Easy access to upper management at this company is unheard of in larger institutions. Hard work is absolutely noticed and appreciated. I have been promoted 2 times in 5 years. I appreciate who I work for and feel very appreciated back!.

ConsBridal is a different retail experience. It does not follow traditional retail rules. Customers are emotional, it takes a lot of patience and self control to be in this business. Staff members are also on Commission and that is also not the retail norm, and makes supervising these people much more taxing and challenging. It is a business you either love or hate. I love it, but unfortunately there are too many people in bridal that do not like it , but stay in it for the paycheck. Unfortunately, that gives the industry and many bridal companies a bad name. This also makes it challenging as a manager to find quality people to staff in store.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on goals for promoting from within, creating bonus structures that compensate for the hard work and effort people put in. Continue to innovate and look for cutting edge product for store personnel to be proud to sell.

Good Company to work for!

ProsSuch a fun job! Making every brides dreams come true. Good Sales training. Typically every Alfred Angelo has a great staff.

ConsMost of the time you work odd hours of the day and the pay is pretty low for what you do!

It's a great job for college students.

Third Key/Bridal Stylist (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe people are great! Sweet, funny and caring. All these things help to create a great, supportive team. You also earn commission which is nice benefit.

ConsTrue the company needs to update their computer systems. There should be benefits for full time employees and shouldn't be a hassle to acquire those. Even though you receive commission on your sales it can take up to six months to reap the benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support your team and they will continue to work and be happy.

Great unitl we closed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsLoved working with the brides and their families. Great place to start in retail!

ConsUnfortunatley, our store in South Austin closed.

Worked for Alfred Angelo Bridal? Contribute to the Community!