Alfred Angelo Bridal

Be The First To
Add Photos

Vincent Piccione

Worst Job Ever

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than a year

ProsYou get a 30% discount on all items. That is the only thing I can think to say. Now I'm just trying to fill the 20-word minimum.

ConsThe whole Undercover Boss waste of money is complete bull. They need to pay the stylists more per hour, and could have if they never did Undercover Boss.Some of these people are students paying off their loans, some are mothers trying to make ends meet. And all they pay is minimum wage plus 4% commission; so on a $1000 dress you get $40, well probably around $30 after taxes. You don't see the commission until AFTER the dress comes in and the balance has been paid. Making it hard to sell the job to prospective hires who need decent money now. They sent out these horrible cut-outs of the president that I personally refused to put in my store, however, knew I had to, so I reluctantly did it anyways. It was so commercialized and cheesy! It looks so cheap, you don't see Kleinfeld doing stupid things like that.

My DM is incredibly rude and nasty to my manager. If we do really well in a given week, the response we get is "good" if another store does the same, they get "Wooo hoo! Awesome job ladies!" So there is A LOT of bias going on in my district as well.

A good amount of the new dresses are horribly cheap, but they put these high price tags on them. It seems as though the designers have a complex about trying to set Alfred Angelo apart with their new designs. They're horrible. They do not sell. Some dresses I can't even match a target market to.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the the stylists and Managers of the retail stores. They know what the customers are looking for. Get rid of Timetrade (the online appointment booking site). It sends a bad message to the customer when they book an appointment and have to be called the next day to switch it because the store is over-booked for that time slot.

PAY A LIVABLE SALARY. Stop being penny-wise and pound foolish, I don't want to see cheap plastic beads on dresses that are $1399.

Coach merchandising on carefully reading an F9 question in full and answering all parts of it. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've asked 2 or more questions in an F9 request, and gotten an answer to only one of them. The actual customers get really frustrated and blame the people in the store for merchandising's ineptness. The internal customer service is horrible.

Horrible to their employees

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time for more than a year

ProsYou do make commission but only 4 percent

ConsNo way to move up management doesn't know what there doing. Rude customers the customer is always right even if you did your job. As a bridal stylist you are looked at completely replaceable. Corporate does not care about what goes on in their store they keep everything a big secret ti it blows up in there face

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease listen to the little people who see what is happening every day your management that you have in your store check them out. They are not who you believe them to be.

abysmal.

Bridal Stylist (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time for less than a year

Prosgreat coworkers. fun to help brides find the dress of their dreams.

Consawful district manager. having your job constantly threatened doesn't make for high employee morale.

Advice to Senior Managementlaying off the entire staff during the summer retail slump was a very calculated move, as the company does not have to pay the employees their earned commission. this policy is unfair. district manager was extremely rude to employees and customers, making for an uncomfortable work environment. restructuring the upper management would be helpful to future employees.

unstable higher managment

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than a year

Prosthe prodcut they sell is good quality

Conspoor communication from the top of the organization down, unclear regarding their direction

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more qualified senior managment and district managers

Awful experience, worst job I've ever had.

Bridal Stylist (Current Employee)
Dayton, OH

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time for less than a year

ProsHours are nice, not late compared to many retail stores. Dresses are beautiful and helping the customers is fun.

ConsMangement doesn't communicate, I told one manager (the other was on vacation when I started) my schedule and she didn't communicate it to the manager that made the schedule, caused unneeded conflict that I was blamed for. I was expected to know every single thing the first time I walked into the place. Dresses were referred to by style number, I was scolded numerous times for not knowing which was which even though I was only there for 4 five and a half hour days. I was threatened to be written up on my second day because I put a dress back in the wrong spot. I wasn't even told when my first day was. I was called the day before and told to come in the next day. There isn't any respect for the employees, I was constantly scolded in front of customers. I could hear the manager bad mouthing me while I'm putting dresses on customers in the dressing room. Extremely unprofessional enviroment. I've only been there four days but I'm expected to have the knowledge of someone who's been there for years.Training is non exsistent. I got put with a bride the second day I worked there without any training, I was scolded for not choosing the correct dresses. Overall, an extremely stressful/negative enviroment to try and work in.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet management under control. Take a serious look at the managers and reevaluate the situations. If a manager has been at a certain store for 3 years and the longest employee has been there 3 months, there's clearly an issue that needs to be addressed.

Do NOT work here!

Bridal Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

ProsI have a wonderful manager and a great team of co-workers. We are more like a family, rather than co-workers. Customers are generally great as well. Product is good.

ConsThere is ABSOLUTELY no life/work balance. Being a full-time student and working here was the worse mistake. I had to drop not one, but TWO classes during my freshman year of college. When I was first hired, I was guaranteed having my Sundays off (for religious purposes) and then they throw a curve ball and made every employee work weekends. That was NOT ok. Also, you can forget having a lunch break. You'll be lucky if you get to sit down and eat for a whole 10 minutes, which doesn't abide to labor laws. Client books are ridiculous. You have to call customers every week, which I'm sure gets super annoying to them. The DM ALWAYS has to be involved with any decision. You better have a strong immune system, they will make you come to work even if you are dog sick. One week, you will be working 30+ hours, then the next week you will work a little over 15 hours, seriously? I have worked there for about a year and never got promoted or got a raise. Hourly wage is just INSULTING to the consultants. You would be better off working at a restaurant. You don't get any praise from DM's, there's always something you did wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementLuckily, I had a great manager. But to the DM and upper management, your company stinks. You need to value your employees and managers more, they do all the hard work while you do nothing.

Please don't make the mistake of working here.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

ProsThe best part is hearing from other stores how much we all hate what we do and who we do it for.

ConsThere are endless conference calls. Every week the hours are less and less, but the goals are more and more.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention! Your hours are being cut making us take less and less appts. Of course your sales are tanking. Let the managers do what is best for each store. What works in one market doesn't work in another. It's common knowledge. Just because they can write emails and say sell sell sell doesnt mean they know anything

SHAME SHAME SHAME

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal

ProsMy co-workers were great but in this stressful enviornment they come and go rather quickly.

ConsSenior management is the worst I have even encountered.
I truely believe that upper management is managing through intimidation, her high and mighty attitude to berate employees seems to give her a real high and she always will belittle you in front of others on the never ending conference calls. You are given many tasks to do as well as orders
to compile stupid and useless information that the computer can easily tell them , then because this takes time to work on she yells at you and writes you up for not selling enough,
I think its time to retire!!....EC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementRedefine your company's purpose. To sell gowns and make a profit.
Why not treat the ones who do that best with respect and value, instead of managing through intimidation. Train DM 's to trust that we, the backbone of AA have a brain and feel it when a manager treats them like a moron.
and here's the kicker, we will not just keep taking this bad treatment we the employees that love what we do will go and work for the competitor.

The worst experience I ever had

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal

ProsThe customers and how we were helping to fulfill their dream. If it wasn't for the customers
I would have left sooner.

ConsUpper management that does not follow the policies and set a good example themselves. My
District Manager came to my store and took her coffee to the desk and pulled up a chair and
talked on the phone for hours. Of course it was business but sitting and drinking coffee on the sales floor? I have been a manager for a very long time and I had never seen any manager over me act this unprofessional in front of my staff. Then get yelled at by her for something I had no control over on the sales floor with customers in hearing distance. My customers left the store but not without letting me know they heard her and how awful it must be to work there. This woman did not have an ounce of motivation in her or how to go about it. She belittles and rants at you to get her point across. She is still operating in the dark ages, that kind of behaviour is old and does not do anything but cause resentment and turnover in associates. Hours and hours of conference calls that are more of the same thing. She taught me nothing herself but did send another Manager
to train me. That was not a good experience either. One Manager called me to tell me she was leaving the company and ask me why I was still there because it was such a bad atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to the leaders of Alfred Angelo is to change the way you treat your employees. This is your best resource for selling your merchandise. They need motivation and positive feedback. Training in this kind of company is key to your success also. Training in an Alfred Angelo Store that is professional and structured by a professional Manager that was put in that capacity by their ability
to run a successful store in every area and have a stable staff. They should not be selected by the District Manager because that was her pet. You need to train your District Managers in the art of
positive motivation and the great results they can achieve with this kind of management style.When you go out to visit the stores get to know the team there. Talk to them. Praise them and ask for feedback about policies, customers and any suggestions that they might share. I had several visits from home office personal that did not make my associates feel good about the company because no one spoke to them. I was very disappointed in the way they acted. Also you need a good support team that can work in conjunction with the District Manager when you open a new store. Leaving her to handle that while trying to cover her other stores is a recipe for failure. There is so much more you need to improve upon this is just a tip of the iceberg.

Sad to Work here

San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

ProsThe customers are great to work with.

ConsThey cut hours every week. Very unprofessional. Unobtainable goals. Very out dated and poorly run company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart over. Care about the employees.

Worked for Alfred Angelo Bridal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alfred Angelo Bridal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alfred Angelo Bridal CEO Vincent Piccione. All 44 reviews posted anonymously by Alfred Angelo Bridal employees.