Alfred Angelo Bridal Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014
Updated August 26, 2014

2.7

Vincent Piccione

Pros
  • Co-workers are great, fun place to work (in 4 reviews)

• Family owned loyalty but corporate consistency and professionalism (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I didn't see our district manager for almost 6 months (in 5 reviews)

• The company and upper management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Bridal Consultant

Current Employee - Bridal Consultant  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Bridal Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's like playing dress up and getting to know and bond with other co-workers can be fun.

Cons

The pay isn't great. Consultants get blamed when sales are down when really it is due to issues higher up. You don't get your commision on the dresses you sell until they get to the store which can take up to 4 months. If you leave the job you won't get the commision you have coming to you. Raises are hard to come by. Computer system is outdated

The bridal stylists who sell the dresses and ultimately make the company their money should get much better pay and they should recieve their commision even after they have left the job.

Great actually.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good new upper management. Excellent district management. Gorgeous Disney Gowns. Freedom to make decisions. No micro management. Level of trust for store managers.

Cons

Pos system old. Stores need maintenance. Carpets dirty, paint needs redo. Stores look masculine and dated. Need for better accessory stock. Disconnect from buyers as to what is needed in store. A revamp of those folks is needed.

Headed in the right direction. Please expedite store maintenance. More money needed for basic supplies.

Highly Competitive

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time for less than a year

Pros

They now have immediate compensation for sales.

Cons

High competition between stylists caused tension

Fairly distribute clients

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst Company to work for! Don't do it!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only thing I learned from this Job was the kind of manager I would never want to become. Definite growth.

Cons

The pay is awful, no loyalty. I urge anyone considering this Job, make sure you its your last resort. This company is a lot of lies. The quality of the product is terrible. They make you lie to customers, "the dress is made to order" not at all true. They do not have there managers backs and will make you the bad guy and them the hero. The customer is not number 1 here. all I can say is do not do it!!! This is a dead end Job as well.

Shady Management

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Bridal Stylist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time for less than a year

Pros

It was fun to work with brides on their special day. I enjoyed getting to know people and helping their dreams come true. Also fun to see the styles of the products.

Cons

Management is extremely shady - and by that I mean that they do not respect people and will do anything to get a dollar for themselves. Do not care about employees and were known to physically STEAL from the store and were still promoted. Bonuses and raises promised were a joke because I never saw a dime. You do not receive commission for about 4-5 months so if you plan on working there as a student it is not really worth it. I was extremely disappointed with management that I chose to leave the store out of good conscience so that when the managers do go down for theft and altering sales numbers that I will not go down with them. It is extremely political and if you disagree with practices in the office you will probably get falsely written up and then eventually fired without cause.

I am not entirely sure how the management has not been fired or arrested yet, so my advice to them is to clean up their act. They have a strong sales team who are capable of making the store a great deal of money but instead of using their assets they continue to support illegal practices by their employees and promote those who are known to steal. I would have fired those who committed these offenses and promoted those who actually cared about people.

WORST BRIDAL COMPANY YOU COULD POSSIBLY WORK FOR

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than a year

Pros

HAPPY CUSTOMERS - WHEN THEY APPEARED

Cons

If you have dreams of becoming wedding planner, stop. Do not enter.
    If you think that selling beautiful dresses to brides will make you customer service dreams come true? STOP this place is not for you.

This company does not care for its employees nor its customers. With cheaper quality fabric as each season passes, and dresses that arrive way too early. " Made for you this is not" NOTHING is especially made for you, they have these dresses premade, almost like the t-shirts you buy from the Gap (mind you the T-Shirts are of better quality than some of these pieces)

The management is incompetent, the computer systems are archaic, they simply do not care in any shape or form.

move into 2014, stop selling lies,

Great Company, Some Flaws

Former Employee - Marketing Intern
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Great business
    Excellent industry - Weddings are really a lot of fun, and nothing is more central to a wedding then the dress.
    Competent higher level employees

Cons

Company went through so many changes recently, and isn't what it used to be. They are moving down to Florida, and are letting go some of their best employees, just because someone there doesn't want to split their time between their house there and PA.

Didn't offer a ton of programs for employees, not much company culture.

Don't put one over on your employees and make them feel used... it leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouths.

Good Company to work for!

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time

Pros

Such a fun job! Making every brides dreams come true. Good Sales training. Typically every Alfred Angelo has a great staff.

Cons

Most of the time you work odd hours of the day and the pay is pretty low for what you do!

Just OK

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers
    Good discount if you need a dress or accesories

Cons

Terrible management and corporate team

Start caring about your customers!

It's a great job for college students.

Current Employee - Third Key/Bridal Stylist  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Third Key/Bridal Stylist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great! Sweet, funny and caring. All these things help to create a great, supportive team. You also earn commission which is nice benefit.

Cons

True the company needs to update their computer systems. There should be benefits for full time employees and shouldn't be a hassle to acquire those. Even though you receive commission on your sales it can take up to six months to reap the benefits.

Continue to support your team and they will continue to work and be happy.

Worked for Alfred Angelo Bridal? Contribute to the Community!