Alfred Angelo Bridal Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
Vincent Piccione

Pros
  • Family owned loyalty but corporate consistency and professionalism (in 5 reviews)

• It's great getting to help make a girls wedding dreams come true (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • District Manager plays one associate and or manager against the other which creates a lot of drama (in 7 reviews)

• Their customer service was poor and being a manager it was hard being the middle man for a company who doesn't care about its customer (in 4 reviews)

1. Bridal Stylist

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist in Greece, NY
    Current Employee - Bridal Stylist in Greece, NY

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

Pros

It's a very fun environment and gives a lot of room to build relationships and be creative. The crew there is very warm, friendly, and most really want to support and help one another out. I look into going to work every day, which is very important.

Cons

A lot of dresses have been coming in with problems and that gets pinned on the stylists - which unfortunately comes out of our commission even though we had no part in that. The company has also had issues with sending things in a timely manner (especially rushes which include fees that the customers pay for). It's tough to keep track of commission - some employees will taking other stylists sales and there hasn't been any retribution for them doing that - and in the end that hurts our paychecks and we don't get rewarded for the hard work that we do.

Advice to Management

Find a way to make sure each stylist gets the commission for the appointments they take. Please also refrain from taking commission from us for dress returns when it is not our fault.

2. I dont know where to start.

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Things are changing this year Im hoping for the best outcome.

Cons

From supervisiors to employees nothing is ever like it seems and it confuses everyone who is trying to be a team player.

Advice to Management

Lead by example.

Undervalued and Underpaid

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much except employees are very friendly and know the products very well, which helps the clients find the right gown for them. Working there so much you get very close to them. It's also a great feeling to be apart of something so important at that time of a woman's life.

Cons

Where do I start ? Unprofessional management. customers and employees are spoken to like children. Things she says are uncalled for and rude. Makes for a very uncomfortable work environment.

Merchandising does little to no help when a dress comes in wrong. They never have an answer or "will advise soon" but weeks go by without getting the problem solved. Leaves it to the employees to deal with when the wedding date is too close. Telling a bride "I'm sorry there's nothing I can do" is not something they want to hear.

Outdated computers; not enough computers for a busy weekend.

Constant battle between stylists and their commission, which comes in 4 months after the order is placed. and if you quit you don't even get to see that commission.

No proper training for new employees/throughout the weeks/months; bad communication when there are new sales.

Constant calling of our customers to come back in and order which drives them away. If they wanted to come in, trust me they would.

HORRIBLE HOURS. having to work open to close was unnecessary and they refuse to hire more workers. Hire more people. Have more part time employees to spread the hours out. They also don't give raises and no room for advancement which is ridiculous. I strongly believe the company does not care about their workers. Only time you get a "thank you" is when management gets their bonus, which is from the stylists working so hard only to get a small commission.

Advice to Management

TRUST YOUR EMPLOYEES. They are the ones getting to know the clients so they are the ones that know what they want in a dress. Stop pushing so much onto the stylists. We Feel Undervalued. The rate in which employees come and go is ridiculous, and it's because you continue to be cheap with pay. We are the ones selling we are the ones giving the customer service. We do the most and get paid the least. "Thank You" is not enough anymore we need actions to make us stay!

Horrible

Former Employee - Third Key
    Former Employee - Third Key

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You have the opportunity to make people happy on a regular basis.

Cons

I don't have enough room here. Bad pay. Bad benefits. Bad hours. Bad treatment. Basically, this company does not know how to treat its' hardest working employees. This is the only job, in my entire life, that I genuinely ended up hating. You are under constant, and I mean constant, threat of losing your job if a customer so much as implies that you've breathed on them the wrong way. They have a "customer service" department that does everything but service the customer. If there is an issue, they forward it to the store level. There is absolutely no hesitation in throwing their employees under the bus. The hours that you work are in no way reflected by pay. I was working in a "management" position for a while, years, scheduled for 40+ hours per week, making $9/hr plus commission. I was not, however, considered full time. So, they got out of having to pay more and offer benefits. That's what this company is about. If they can avoid treating the people that work hard for them, the ones that ignore the fact that there is absolutely no work\life balance, properly, they will. I could go on and on. Just avoid this place.

Advice to Management

Be better. Treat your employees with respect. Your disregard for them is why you have such a high turnover rate. Also, these brides do not deserve to be lied to. Do not take someone's money to order a gown you know cannot come in the time you tell them. That's UNETHICAL.

Reconsider

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boardman, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boardman, OH

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Closed most of the holidays. Meeting new people.

Cons

Poor district manager. Undercover boss was a joke. CEO never followed through. Bad pay. Never get reviews or raises.

Advice to Management

The last recent review is a joke. They must of just got hired. Just wait till you miss your sales goal for the week/ month Guaranteedthe criticism you recieve from upper management you will be running through thr door.

7. manager

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

Pros

Great vision for customer service. Upper management is very supportive and compassionate. This is a business not a playground. Love what I do! Servicing my brides and their parties. Awesome bonus structure...do your job and you get rewarded.

Cons

Reviews I've read are very immature and unwarranted. This is a job! Own up to your responsibilities, your salary is in your hands. Sell and make money, that's what it's all about.

Advice to Management

Keep your work ethics in tact and weed out the bad seeds

Alfred Angelo

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal

Pros

Developing relationships with clients, being involved in one of the biggest days of someone's life

Cons

Horrible computer system, company does not support its employees or customers. If there is an issue with merchandise company takes little to no responsibility for it and are happy to have you deal with the rightfully angry customer, even though you can't help them. Dresses come in with problems and with a horrible smell, and you are supposed to find a way to explain it. Horrible commission rate, 4% commission that comes in 4 months after you earn it, selling head-to-toe to earn pennies on the dollar even if you close all your appointments. And all of your appointments are on weekends, no one comes in during the week and will yell at you if you ask them if they can stating they "have jobs"...

Advice to Management

Update AS400 and timetrade. Link the systems. Provide more support for your employees and customers. Take responsibility for your mistakes as a company. If the commission doesn't come in for 4 months, at least raise the commission rate. The most anyone can expect to sell in a 2 hour appointment is about $2,500 if they're lucky. My store (and many others in every district) average at around $1,000-$1,500 an hour per stylist on busy days.

I saw 2 sides, 1 as a stylist and 1 as a manager

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-making personal connections with customers
    -smaller group of coworkers created a closer bond
    -once you've got the routine down, it's like riding a bike
    -each sales situation is different, so it keeps the job interesting
    -as a stylist it's fun to have a primary focus on making the customers happy
    -as a manager, communicating with merchandising and customer service is very prompt and easy to do
    -management pay is decent

Cons

-stylists get no commission until orders are in, even if they were paid off at the time of ordering. That means waiting 3 months before receiving commission on sales.
    -as a manager, we get yelled at like we're children and there's much more focus on negative than the positive
    -instead of our district manager creating learning opportunities, she yells because we "should use common sense and read the books to find answers"
    -seeing the other manager get yelled at by the district manager until they began crying...how is that appropriate?

Advice to Management

I was genuinely excited to move up in this company because I loved working here. Since becoming management, however, the disrespect from the district level is disgusting. The fact that the CEO was told about this and nothing changed made me lose all faith in this company. If you have people that work hard for the company and go above and beyond, INVEST in them.

10. Store Manager

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

Pros

Fun atmosphere. .descent hrs..descent pay

Cons

Outdated computers system..bigger break area

Advice to Management

Remember people work for people..treat staff accordingly

Stressful, not worth the pros.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal

Pros

If you are getting married or a bunch of friends are getting married in the future, you get a 15% or 20% discount on your dress (not really that great in my opinion, but helps on the small salary you will make). You get retail and sales experience and a LOT of personal and phone critical confrontation practice (see cons) with upset customers, which is actually handy and beneficial in sales. You also learn a great deal about selling techniques and how to decipher who is going to really buy and why/why not. It did make me a tougher sales person in the long run. One of the best parts, you get to make women feel beautiful. Plus, you learn a ton about weddings (it may scare you away from even having one though)!

Cons

So many cons. Hours are terrible, especially for a manager. They stretch the manager's super thin and over work them, because they are salaried. And paid TERRIBLY, making it not worth losing every weekend to work. Bridal consultants get crappy pay (takes months for them to see commission come through), so there's an extremely high turn-over. You are always hiring and when busy season gets here you take who you can get. There's no room for advancement really because district managers stay in their position for ever and I don't believe their are many regional manager positions. When I was there they had us on brutal and borderline abusive phone conferences once a week at least as managers trying to shame us into selling more (news flash, sometimes it's the product and not us). It's extremely stressful job and environment. Thanks to the show Bridezilla's everyone thinks they have to have perfection and can act like a spoiled, rude princess. I got yelled at usually daily by customer's, hence the critical confrontation skills. Me and my old manager still talk about how we have nightmares about this job.

Advice to Management

Pay better, especially for the city you are living in. Treat your management better and listen to them. I know they got rid of the wicked upper management lady that was there when I was, but there was always a disconnection from upper management (above district manager). It's a family owned company, but it acts really stuffy and cold. My hope was to move up in the company, even to work for corporate, but no one knew how to guide me to get there or offered to help make it a career.

RSS Feed </> Embed