Alfred Angelo Bridal Reviews

Reset

1. Pretty good company to work for

Current Employee - Store Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Treats employees well. Family owned business

Cons

Hard to get a raise. Not a very good bonus.

Stores in our district are profitable but near the bottom of the chain.

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dressing women for a special occasion. Disney collection is beautiful. Bridesmaids dress are reasonable priced and easy to sell. All Alfred Angelo brides look beautiful on their special day.

Cons

No perks. No personal growth. Sales Associates are called Stylists. Really!! Consultants, maybe. We have been trained to be nothing more than well dressed Used Car Salespersons. District Manager plays one associate and or manager against the other which creates a lot of drama.

Advice to Management

Please take the time to read Glassdoor reviews. There is a common thread that links them all.

worst job at the worst company with liars for managers

Former Employee - Sales Girl
    Former Employee - Sales Girl

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The ONLY pro is helping the bride and her family and bridal party during a very special time in their lives

Cons

Horrible store & district management. Terrible pay for what is expected. The pay is at the level for someone working at Forever 21 who comes and goes punching a time clock. The responsibility and accountability is of the level of a Sales Account Executive at any respectable company with regard to sales goals and accessory sale mandates. Stylists are required to sell preservation kits to brides and are criticized and penalized if they dont. The store is so dirty & we have to clean the walls (they won't repaint) and the carpet is filthy. I hate seeing barefoot brides and babies crawling on this carpet.... Can't trust management. Sales goals unrealistic and unattainable. Commission not paid unless the bride pays for and picks up her gown. If she cancels the dress order, you don't get paid on the money the bride paid to order her dress. The company keeps all her money and you are out of a commission. The store manager does not support or defend her sale people and she tells the district manager lies to make herself look good, because, after all, nothing is her fault. The district manager says whatever she has to in order to settle down an employee, and she never follows up with any action on what she says she will do. I don't know why she even bothers to come visit our store. She spends all of her time on the phone or in the back room. She is too above getting to know her employees. She and the manager just sit back there and eat or gossip. Sales people are extremely competitive and will do whatever they can to steal a sale or take someone's turn for a customer and the manager doesn't care as long as the sale is counted towards her weekly goal. No reasonable/logical assignment of sales people to new customers. We are supposed to call a bride three times and follow up by email if the bride doesn't answer her phone. We are required to pester these brides to get them back in the store. They left the store without buying something for a reason people!! Salespeople have a minimum of 5 to 10 return appointments per week or you can get written up. (We barely get 10 new customers during the week..hahaha) We are supposed to get the name, telephone number, address and email of every customer who walks in the door, even if they just want to look around or pick up a catalogue. I guess it is to artificially create customers. This just makes people suspicious--why do they have to give out their personal information just to look around?? The district manager says it is so we can track them. People who want to look around do not want to be tracked...do you? The manager has a chicken little the sky is falling way of managing her employees and customers. The bride is supposed to be the focus, but the manager makes it all about herself. That Undercover Boss stuff was just fake. If the company has all that extra money, why don't they pay us instead of inflating their ego on tv? That president drove a pretty nice car and he gave away alot of money..except for the black guy that supposedly got to spend some time drawing dresses. I supposed they picked out the lesbian and the gay guy to show their support for gay marriage--that sells more dresses to more people. I work for Davids now...I heard bad things about them when I worked at Alfreds, but at least they are good to us and the pay is so much better

Advice to Management

clean house and pay attention to the people that sell your stuff...you might have a big paycheck or drive a fancy car but you don't have a clue about what its really like with real customers and you think your sales people are disposable hourly come and go workers we have to build trust with a bride. Something management obviously will never build with their sales people

run away fast

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there is not a good reason to work here. Now I am filling up words to meet 20 minimum

Cons

everything is wrong here. They say this is a sales driven organization. How so? This company does not value its sales staff. We are the ones who generate revenue yet are dismissed as replaceabe

Advice to Management

stop trying to impress investors and start trying to impress your employees

New management team. Not sure the choices were good.

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

Pros

Helping brides can be fun. Paycheck. A few paid holidays. Not open late. Closed Christmas Eve. Short hours on holidays.

Cons

Old stores in desperate need of paint, furniture and carpet cleaning. Stores fixtures reflect a very dated and masculine image. Computers use DOS. So old it's embarrassing. New management sneaky and not to be trusted. New President overly concerned with his looks on TV's Undercover Boss. Not a good choice for moving forward that's for sure.

Advice to Management

Note to President. Stop looking in the mirror and focus on your stores. No. We don't want to wait 2 more years for paint, clean carpets and basic supplies and something other than a DOS system.

Highly Competitive

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They now have immediate compensation for sales.

Cons

High competition between stylists caused tension

Advice to Management

Fairly distribute clients

Good Company to work for!

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time

Pros

Such a fun job! Making every brides dreams come true. Good Sales training. Typically every Alfred Angelo has a great staff.

Cons

Most of the time you work odd hours of the day and the pay is pretty low for what you do!

Worst Company to work for! Don't do it!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only thing I learned from this Job was the kind of manager I would never want to become. Definite growth.

Cons

The pay is awful, no loyalty. I urge anyone considering this Job, make sure you its your last resort. This company is a lot of lies. The quality of the product is terrible. They make you lie to customers, "the dress is made to order" not at all true. They do not have there managers backs and will make you the bad guy and them the hero. The customer is not number 1 here. all I can say is do not do it!!! This is a dead end Job as well.

Just OK

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers
    Good discount if you need a dress or accesories

Cons

Terrible management and corporate team

Advice to Management

Start caring about your customers!

Shady Management

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Bridal Stylist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was fun to work with brides on their special day. I enjoyed getting to know people and helping their dreams come true. Also fun to see the styles of the products.

Cons

Management is extremely shady - and by that I mean that they do not respect people and will do anything to get a dollar for themselves. Do not care about employees and were known to physically STEAL from the store and were still promoted. Bonuses and raises promised were a joke because I never saw a dime. You do not receive commission for about 4-5 months so if you plan on working there as a student it is not really worth it. I was extremely disappointed with management that I chose to leave the store out of good conscience so that when the managers do go down for theft and altering sales numbers that I will not go down with them. It is extremely political and if you disagree with practices in the office you will probably get falsely written up and then eventually fired without cause.

Advice to Management

I am not entirely sure how the management has not been fired or arrested yet, so my advice to them is to clean up their act. They have a strong sales team who are capable of making the store a great deal of money but instead of using their assets they continue to support illegal practices by their employees and promote those who are known to steal. I would have fired those who committed these offenses and promoted those who actually cared about people.

RSS Feed </> Embed