Alfred Angelo Bridal

Updated December 9, 2014
Updated December 9, 2014
2.3

Vincent Piccione

Pros
  • Co-workers are great, fun place to work (in 4 reviews)

• Family owned loyalty but corporate consistency and professionalism (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • District Manager plays one associate and or manager against the other which creates a lot of drama (in 7 reviews)

• The company and upper management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Poor Upper Management

Former Employee - Stylist
    Former Employee - Stylist

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, it's pretty easy to ask for less / more hours, as long as you notify the manager in advance, it's usually OK.

Cons

It takes about 1 year to see why employees run away from this company : They don't treat their employees well. We are just replaceable goods to Alfred Angelo. I was one of the best stylists in the store, very good seller, accommodating, willing to do the dirty work, ..... even willing to admit my mistakes!! But funnily enough, the Store Manager made things more difficult for me when I started to do well. Most of the time I was just punished .... for doing things right.

If you are a CEO or Vice President, please be careful about who you hire as District managers (They are the ones who will hire Store Managers). And bad Store Managers will drive away some of the best stylists there are. They bully the nicest, well-meaning, and professional stylists. Just because they feel threatened, Just because they want to be the ONLY one to make sales. They steal the Stylists' commissions. And when I tried to communicate and work things out with them, I get more negativity and punishment.

So unprofessional. Are we back in kindergarten?

Bridal Stylist

Former Employee - Bridal Specialist in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Bridal Specialist in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time

Pros

I really liked the over time

Cons

This company is very awful to work for, I was one of their top sales girls, I got promoted my first month I was there to bridal stylist. At first the manger loved me but when I started inquring about assistant mangement position. Instead of helping me she started to treat me with disrespect. On my last day of working they worked me the whole day, and then told me they have my last pay check. I was laid off with no reason what so ever. They have no regards for you as an employee, your just another worker to them.

More professional

Poor treatment of employees and customers

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was lucky because I hired and maintained a great team at my store so we all worked well together.

Cons

There was not any support or communication from the company at all. Their customer service was poor and being a manager it was hard being the middle man for a company who doesn't care about its customer.

Support your front line staff, give them reviews and raises when they deserve them.

Poor Upper Management

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Arlington, TX

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great customers, fun work environment. Great co-workers, the bridal events are fun, fun, fun. In spite of my employment ended, I was able to learn a great deal that I will apply to future endeavors.

Cons

The company is not properly structured. The Store Management has no autonomy. The DM that I worked for would rather place blame on anyone than herself. She lacks integrity in most situations that are not favorable to her. The training is okay, you have to judge that on a store by store scenario. My SM was a great trainer and I learned valuable information from her. The lack of work-life balance is what most managers complain about. There has to be something that can be done. This should seriously be reviewed by someone in a position of authority with the ability to make change.

Please place an individual in place to actually supervise the DM staff. From what I've experienced the majority of them lack integrity and only look out for themselves. The company overall is pretty good, but that DM level needs serious improvement. Good management has been lost as a result of the lack of professionalism from the DM staff. I had an at home accident and was totally mishandled by the DM to the point that she replaced my position and I was under recovery. This company needs an in-house HR department that knows and exercises true HR law.

Sales Consultant

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

Pros

Good Team Atmosphere
    Make your own business
    Flexible Time off
    * Each district is different

Cons

Do not get commission until merchandise comes in
    Seasonal high/low periods
    Only part time availability for most openings

Computer systems are ancient
    Very little room for opportunity, lacking in any type of solid leadership program - Not publicly held, designers need to focus on working closer with the sales force( the actual people who know what is selling and what is not versus the vague statistical market data being received)

Nice work environment, fun product

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal

Pros

It's bridal! Fun retail category.

Cons

Small budgets do not allow for pay raises or bonuses

Give your employees bonuses or at least pay raises to keep morale up

Hot and Cold

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility when it comes to family and personal issues. Laid back working environment. Vacations, sick days decent benefits.

Cons

Absolutely no loyalty. I've seen workers their for 20-30 years being let go without a thought. The systems are very old making your job much more difficult, money being spent in areas of non importance. Not much of an area of advancement in most departments. Having a degree is looked upon highly, where as experience is not. So basically they are hiring really smart people with a complete lack of job experience and it shows. Also you will go years without a raise.

Listen to your employees when it comes to improving work environment and how to advertise properly.

Worst Job Ever

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get a 30% discount on all items. That is the only thing I can think to say. Now I'm just trying to fill the 20-word minimum.

Cons

The whole Undercover Boss waste of money is complete bull. They need to pay the stylists more per hour, and could have if they never did Undercover Boss.Some of these people are students paying off their loans, some are mothers trying to make ends meet. And all they pay is minimum wage plus 4% commission; so on a $1000 dress you get $40, well probably around $30 after taxes. You don't see the commission until AFTER the dress comes in and the balance has been paid. Making it hard to sell the job to prospective hires who need decent money now. They sent out these horrible cut-outs of the president that I personally refused to put in my store, however, knew I had to, so I reluctantly did it anyways. It was so commercialized and cheesy! It looks so cheap, you don't see Kleinfeld doing stupid things like that.

My DM is incredibly rude and nasty to my manager. If we do really well in a given week, the response we get is "good" if another store does the same, they get "Wooo hoo! Awesome job ladies!" So there is A LOT of bias going on in my district as well.

A good amount of the new dresses are horribly cheap, but they put these high price tags on them. It seems as though the designers have a complex about trying to set Alfred Angelo apart with their new designs. They're horrible. They do not sell. Some dresses I can't even match a target market to.

Listen to the the stylists and Managers of the retail stores. They know what the customers are looking for. Get rid of Timetrade (the online appointment booking site). It sends a bad message to the customer when they book an appointment and have to be called the next day to switch it because the store is over-booked for that time slot.

PAY A LIVABLE SALARY. Stop being penny-wise and pound foolish, I don't want to see cheap plastic beads on dresses that are $1399.

Coach merchandising on carefully reading an F9 question in full and answering all parts of it. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've asked 2 or more questions in an F9 request, and gotten an answer to only one of them. The actual customers get really frustrated and blame the people in the store for merchandising's ineptness. The internal customer service is horrible.

Fun Job, bad pay, dead end

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist
    Current Employee - Bridal Stylist

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time

Pros

Genuinely care about customers, and its a fun job.

Cons

The pay and commission structure is horrible. You don't get commission until the products come in, and the customer pays of their balance. Since almost everything takes 3+ months to come in you can't receive commission unless you manage to make an immediate sale, which is difficult and only gives limited options. In addition Alfred Angelo only offers part time and minimum wage as a base pay making it difficult to survive. Furthermore Alfred Angelo will not provide you with any of the commissions you have already earned if you are no longer working for them. The computer system is seriously outdated and isn't user friendly, and it's easy to make mistakes. Our store actually only has dial-up internet which is extremely slow and our systems go down quite often.

Show appreciation for your employees by giving the tools they need to do their jobs and providing better pay and commissions on a timely basis.

Horrible to their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You do make commission but only 4 percent

Cons

No way to move up management doesn't know what there doing. Rude customers the customer is always right even if you did your job. As a bridal stylist you are looked at completely replaceable. Corporate does not care about what goes on in their store they keep everything a big secret ti it blows up in there face

Please listen to the little people who see what is happening every day your management that you have in your store check them out. They are not who you believe them to be.