Alfred Angelo Bridal

Updated September 14, 2014
Updated September 14, 2014
2.5

Vincent Piccione

Pros
  • Co-workers are great, fun place to work (in 4 reviews)

• Family owned loyalty but corporate consistency and professionalism (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I didn't see our district manager for almost 6 months (in 5 reviews)

• The company and upper management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun Job, bad pay, dead end

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist
    Current Employee - Bridal Stylist

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time

Pros

Genuinely care about customers, and its a fun job.

Cons

The pay and commission structure is horrible. You don't get commission until the products come in, and the customer pays of their balance. Since almost everything takes 3+ months to come in you can't receive commission unless you manage to make an immediate sale, which is difficult and only gives limited options. In addition Alfred Angelo only offers part time and minimum wage as a base pay making it difficult to survive. Furthermore Alfred Angelo will not provide you with any of the commissions you have already earned if you are no longer working for them. The computer system is seriously outdated and isn't user friendly, and it's easy to make mistakes. Our store actually only has dial-up internet which is extremely slow and our systems go down quite often.

Show appreciation for your employees by giving the tools they need to do their jobs and providing better pay and commissions on a timely basis.

Horrible to their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time for more than a year

Pros

You do make commission but only 4 percent

Cons

No way to move up management doesn't know what there doing. Rude customers the customer is always right even if you did your job. As a bridal stylist you are looked at completely replaceable. Corporate does not care about what goes on in their store they keep everything a big secret ti it blows up in there face

Please listen to the little people who see what is happening every day your management that you have in your store check them out. They are not who you believe them to be.

Lots of turnover, not enough hours to maintain full staff

Former Employee - Third Key  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Third Key in Houston, TX

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Loved my store. Very close staff. Loved my immediate manager.

Cons

Constantly changing practices (though the company was still eliminating Bridesmart practices) Never enough hours to keep more than one consultant at a time on weekdays.

No one pays attention when the greeting is scripted. I'd rather have a consultant who cared and knew their product than one who is focused on getting the script right and not listening

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Absolutely love the job, but out of control management and no one to turn to.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun and rewarding job. It's great getting to help make a girls wedding dreams come true. Holidays off and great hours for a retail job around the end of the year.

Cons

District manager has given the store manager free reign to do what she pleases creating a terrible work environment and no one for employees to turn to. I am afraid the store will be run into the ground before something is done about it. Salaried employees are required to work at least 45 hrs and pay is minimal. As long as sales numbers are up they don't seem to care about the employees well being or what's going on in the stores. Assistant managers have almost all the actual work duties with managers just "overseeing."

Listen to your employees not just your store managers.

Over the past few years I have progressed with a company that I truly have a passion for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This family owned company really has the best intentions in mind in regards to their customers and employees. How often in retail do you get to work so closely with a person and share in the most emotional purchase of her life? It is a rewarding experience to say the least.

Cons

Outdated technology. The company could really put some effort into upgrading systems in their retail stores. They might also benefit from a more updated advertising campaign to drive business.

Amazing family owned and operated.... Well established

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have a huge passion for this company. Alfred Angelo was founded in 1933 and is still family owned and operated. This company is continuing to grow stronger and stronger every yr. I have been with Alfred Angelo Bridal for 5yrs now and this is my career, my passion.

As a manager I have a great support team, district manager is extremely approachable and very much involved in the stores to make our district very successful. We have on going training within our district to keep our talents and skills fine tuned.

Great opportunity for management as well as stylist.

Cons

I believe every company has room for changes and improvements, Alfred Angelo Bridal is defiantly on the right track.

I feel that we finally have a district manager that has walked in the store managers shoes before becoming the district manager, which gives here a better look on how to run the district and lead a successful team.

Love our rancho family

Current Employee - Third Key  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Third Key in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing management, incredible district manager, store manager of rancho is always there to help you , if you ever have a question your dm is only one call away , your team is very much like your family I actually look forward to going in to work every day

Cons

The customers are not always the nicest but you have great management there to help you In any situation

I couldn't ask for a better store manager or district manager they are incredible people

abysmal.

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Columbus, OH

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time for less than a year

Pros

great coworkers. fun to help brides find the dress of their dreams.

Cons

awful district manager. having your job constantly threatened doesn't make for high employee morale.

laying off the entire staff during the summer retail slump was a very calculated move, as the company does not have to pay the employees their earned commission. this policy is unfair. district manager was extremely rude to employees and customers, making for an uncomfortable work environment. restructuring the upper management would be helpful to future employees.

Great company

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training programs and materials - corrections are done in a positive and teaching/learning way instead of scolding way
    Professional and friendly
    Family owned loyalty but corporate consistency and professionalism
    Never a dull moment
    Great selection of colors, sizes, customization options, and styles - Great quality merchandise - I can actually believe what I sell
    They truly care for the customer

Cons

The systems and programs are a little slow and outdated
    Replenishments and stock of office supplies, toiletries, and maintainence don't seem to be as important of a priority

Growing Company with lots of Opportunity

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New training programs, creative marketing, cutting edge designs , dramatic management changes that have put the emphasis on each employee's day to be one of learning and growth, but most of all a renewed energy and the passion to enrich the customer experience, that will take this long standing company to the top!

Cons

Technology programs are being upgraded and need further advancement for stronger communication in all area's of the company benefiting customer, employee and management

Worked for Alfred Angelo Bridal? Contribute to the Community!