Alfred Angelo Bridal

Updated September 30, 2014
Updated September 30, 2014
2.4

Vincent Piccione

Pros
  • Co-workers are great, fun place to work (in 4 reviews)

• Family owned loyalty but corporate consistency and professionalism (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • District Manager plays one associate and or manager against the other which creates a lot of drama (in 7 reviews)

• The company and upper management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Love our rancho family

Current Employee - Third Key in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Third Key in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing management, incredible district manager, store manager of rancho is always there to help you , if you ever have a question your dm is only one call away , your team is very much like your family I actually look forward to going in to work every day

Cons

The customers are not always the nicest but you have great management there to help you In any situation

I couldn't ask for a better store manager or district manager they are incredible people

abysmal.

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Columbus, OH

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (less than an year)

Pros

great coworkers. fun to help brides find the dress of their dreams.

Cons

awful district manager. having your job constantly threatened doesn't make for high employee morale.

laying off the entire staff during the summer retail slump was a very calculated move, as the company does not have to pay the employees their earned commission. this policy is unfair. district manager was extremely rude to employees and customers, making for an uncomfortable work environment. restructuring the upper management would be helpful to future employees.

Great company

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Training programs and materials - corrections are done in a positive and teaching/learning way instead of scolding way
    Professional and friendly
    Family owned loyalty but corporate consistency and professionalism
    Never a dull moment
    Great selection of colors, sizes, customization options, and styles - Great quality merchandise - I can actually believe what I sell
    They truly care for the customer

Cons

The systems and programs are a little slow and outdated
    Replenishments and stock of office supplies, toiletries, and maintainence don't seem to be as important of a priority

Growing Company with lots of Opportunity

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

New training programs, creative marketing, cutting edge designs , dramatic management changes that have put the emphasis on each employee's day to be one of learning and growth, but most of all a renewed energy and the passion to enrich the customer experience, that will take this long standing company to the top!

Cons

Technology programs are being upgraded and need further advancement for stronger communication in all area's of the company benefiting customer, employee and management

unstable higher managment

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the prodcut they sell is good quality

Cons

poor communication from the top of the organization down, unclear regarding their direction

Get more qualified senior managment and district managers

Great unitl we closed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Loved working with the brides and their families. Great place to start in retail!

Cons

Unfortunatley, our store in South Austin closed.

Awful experience, worst job I've ever had.

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Bridal Stylist in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hours are nice, not late compared to many retail stores. Dresses are beautiful and helping the customers is fun.

Cons

Mangement doesn't communicate, I told one manager (the other was on vacation when I started) my schedule and she didn't communicate it to the manager that made the schedule, caused unneeded conflict that I was blamed for. I was expected to know every single thing the first time I walked into the place. Dresses were referred to by style number, I was scolded numerous times for not knowing which was which even though I was only there for 4 five and a half hour days. I was threatened to be written up on my second day because I put a dress back in the wrong spot. I wasn't even told when my first day was. I was called the day before and told to come in the next day. There isn't any respect for the employees, I was constantly scolded in front of customers. I could hear the manager bad mouthing me while I'm putting dresses on customers in the dressing room. Extremely unprofessional enviroment. I've only been there four days but I'm expected to have the knowledge of someone who's been there for years.Training is non exsistent. I got put with a bride the second day I worked there without any training, I was scolded for not choosing the correct dresses. Overall, an extremely stressful/negative enviroment to try and work in.

Get management under control. Take a serious look at the managers and reevaluate the situations. If a manager has been at a certain store for 3 years and the longest employee has been there 3 months, there's clearly an issue that needs to be addressed.

difficult

Current Employee - Bridal Specialist in West Covina, CA
    Current Employee - Bridal Specialist in West Covina, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

Pros

employee discount, somewhat flexible hours, source of income, love the dresses

Cons

deal with obnoxious and rude customers, commission is bad, high pressure from managers and corporate workers

increase commission, make contracts and paperwork easier to understand, lower expectations for bridal conversions

Lack of professionalism within management

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Bridal Stylist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

Pros

Working at Alfred Angelo is great if you like to work 10 hour shifts in a high stress environment. The commission does add up.

Cons

Long hours, management complains when you need time off, everyone gossips, lots of complaining customers, obscene idea of what is a normal amount of hours to work, lack of management respect.

Please don't make the mistake of working here.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

Pros

The best part is hearing from other stores how much we all hate what we do and who we do it for.

Cons

There are endless conference calls. Every week the hours are less and less, but the goals are more and more.

Pay attention! Your hours are being cut making us take less and less appts. Of course your sales are tanking. Let the managers do what is best for each store. What works in one market doesn't work in another. It's common knowledge. Just because they can write emails and say sell sell sell doesnt mean they know anything