Alghanim Industries
www.alghanim.com Kuwait, Kuwait 5000+ Employees

Alghanim Industries Reviews

Updated Jan 14, 2014
Alghanim Industries – Ash Shuwaykh – “Dar Al Alghanim Showroom”

Alghanim Industries CEO Omar K. Alghanim

Omar K. Alghanim

Motivated to do a lot

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Alghanim Industries full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of stuff going on, lots of initiatives at the top and highly ambitious plans to do lots of different projects. There were lots of changes going on when I was there, with initiatives to bring in the most modern of western management practices. This provides lots of opportunities to do a lot at an early stage in one's career. They had a very strong emphasis on hiring bright new people with high potential.

ConsLots of focus on appeasing the more senior people. The company had a cliqueish atmosphere at times where departments would divide by race (indians in accounting, Lebanese in retail, etc).
Kuwait City in itself leaves a lot to be desired. On the otherhand, it does force closer net communities outside the office as you've got nothing to do in the city otherwise.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower more of the middle level management

Do not work here

Manager (Current Employee)
Ḩawallī (Kuwait)

I have been working at Alghanim Industries full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome nice people work here

ConsThey don't follow their own policies or labor law there are two ways of working if you have an Arab manager it's crap a western you should be ok but finance is run by the Indian mafia they have a talent review that is so secretive the employes doesn't know where they stand
The hire and fire reputation is true
I can't wait to get another job

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to the law and your policies and ensure you treat employees as core assets

exellent

Auto Technician (Current Employee)
Kuwait City (Kuwait)

I have been working at Alghanim Industries full-time for more than 5 years

Prosvery good company and good atmosphere

Consi never felt bad while work in alghanim

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement was very good

Too much politics and personal issues

IT (Former Employee)
Kuwait (Kuwait)

I worked at Alghanim Industries full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood pay in some business units
good place to learn

ConsPolitics, Connections, Personal conflicts
Top Management

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be fair to the employees

International orientiation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Alghanim Industries full-time for more than a year

ProsCompany is on international stantard

ConsWould you like repeating that?

Advice to Senior ManagementDeserve new talents

Great experience while you work there, great learning and good company, but does not value it's talent.

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alghanim Industries full-time for more than 10 years

ProsProgressive company, strong management team, diverse operations, strong family name and reputation which is very good across the region.

Strong business value and a very diversified employee base. Strong fundamentals and organization structure with advanced management policies such as BSC's, Quarterly review, Delegation of Authority, Process management and controls, Lean Six Sigma focus, etc.

ConsAlghanim's stated values are based on Employee as Core assets, but these kind of stated values are not follow up by the Management. Employees are treated very poorly and even after years of putting all their hard work and efforts for the benefit of the organization, they are just kicked out without any concern to the years of hard work and efforts that both have put towards this relationship.

Groupism and tendency towards nationalistic groups is rampant and not stopped. Dependent on who you know one progresses faster in the organization ladder. Salaries across same levels / peers is also not fixed and based on the color of your skin it can vary.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees, don't just have the statement in the value statement but let it be strongly practised and lived in the DNA. HR needs to take a stronger stance to prevent line managers manipulating the salary / performance reviews and gearing it towards their favorites.

Meritrocracy, Employees are Core Assets, Diversity are all good statements but you have to make sure that the team including your HR lives by it and that it's not just statements on your walls.

very bad experince . they never trust on employee

Accounts Supervisor (Current Employee)
Al Farwānīyah (Kuwait)

I have been working at Alghanim Industries full-time for more than a year

Prosi suggest to all my friend never work with this company

Consno comments about this . god will there

Advice to Senior Managementbe trust on their employee and listen to them .

Its all about you nationality

Engineer (Current Employee)
Al Aḩmadī (Kuwait)

ProsThey pay good
You can make alot of money
So much free time to read or have ur own work

ConsNothing to do litterly
its up to you if u want to have something to do or read a magazine until its 5

Advice to Senior Managementits up to you if u want to have something to do or read a magazine until its 5 so find something for us to do

Alghanim Industries is typical of Middle East regional family owned conglomerates

Ad Dasht (Kuwait)

I have been working at Alghanim Industries

ProsThe Pros for Alghanim are similar for other quality companies in Kuwait... Not much to do in Kuwait aside from drink tea and smoke shisha, so you can focus on work, save some money, work on your hobbies, meet new people. There are lots of new, energetic and competent people at the company and it seems to be making a strong effort to expand and hire quality people. Compared to other companies in Kuwait, it's a fairly professional and quality firm.

ConsThe owner of the company comes around with his guru every so often and shakes things up in the management scheme. The top management at the company shifts frequently and there is high turnover. I don't know many notable middle level managers who have been there more than 3 or 4 years. The company is trying to expand and go through change but can be inconsistent in the incentives it offers to management, etc. There are also the typical Middle Eastern issues of hierarchical structure, "wasta" (connections or influence), etc.. but you're likely to find these anywhere in the Middle East. Be skeptical of the initial sell the recruiters make... The owner and his team are very charismatic and competent and convey an image of unlimited potential to prospective employees... They swear you'll be selling GM cars and M&Ms to people on the moon in 3 years. But when you get there it's a different story. This is obvious if you look at the turnover rate over the past few years. Also, people of various ethnicities tend to band together in departments and social circles (Indian, Lebanese, European, etc...) which doesn't exactly promote a culture of information exchange.

Advice to Senior ManagementA for effort. I like the effort put into the recruiting, I hope to see more of an emphasis on the existing employees in the future.

Alghanim is an ok place to work

Kuwait (Kuwait)

I have been working at Alghanim Industries

ProsStrong new senior management team
Professional management (except for the CEO, not family in the management as opposed to other companies in the region)

ConsUn-organized processes
Changes in structure are too frequent and hurt a steady development of the company
Some weakness in managers not at the most senior level
Kuwait as a country lacks possibilities for enterteinment and its weather its awful

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in improving processes in the company
Take career aspirations more into consideration when planning changes in structure
Respect timelines and scheduled times for meetings. Otherwise, managers loose a lot of time just waiting for meetings. This is very costly to the company, despite it can not be seen

Worked for Alghanim Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alghanim Industries reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alghanim Industries CEO Omar K. Alghanim. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Alghanim Industries employees.