AliMed

AliMed Reviews

Updated September 16, 2014
Updated September 16, 2014

Scott C. Lewis

Hard work yields a positive result.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dedham, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dedham, MA

I have been working at AliMed full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people I work with have done nothing but help me learn and feel comfortable. Starting a new job can be very nerve wracking and my supervisor has been great and reassuring. They have also been great about positive reinforcement, which is important, especially when you work in customer service. They understand 'Praise in public, criticize in private'.

Cons

Re: management. I feel like there is no sense in urgency when it comes to getting resources we need to do our job and help the business grow.

We understand that a purpose of working in a business like this is to help it grow. But without the resources to do so, makes it difficult. Don't necessarily blame the base level work force for lack of growth. I'd suggest starting with the management and work your way down.

A word from the new CEO

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Dedham, MA
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Dedham, MA

I have been working at AliMed full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity in a changing environment. The company is making the transition from owner-managed to professionally managed and has the mandate to accelerate growth.

Cons

Changing environments are frightening. It can be frustrating that things don't change fast enough.

There are lots of areas to improve upon, but my goal is that every Glass Door review, including mine, can be five stars within the next 12 months.

Great co-workers, family culture, terrific customer service, dedicated employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dedham, MA

I have been working at AliMed part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people working together in a small company where most folks know each other by name. Open door policy with upper management includes town meetings, quarterly business updates sharing company progress. Employee events almost every month promote a warm friendly environment to work in. Updates to building and technology moving forward.

Cons

Large workloads and tight resources can inhibit managers from offering training to provide current employees with advancement opportunities.

Listen to the employees, reward dedicated workers. Keep up the positive changes.

"Camaraderie among employees; very customer service oriented; overall great place to work"

I have been working at AliMed full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

"Lots of great talented, dedicated,hard working intelligent people in all levels of the organization who support and help each other much like a family. New leadership supporting a collaborative work environment and investing in new technology"

Cons

"Large workloads: not enough resources"

"Proliferate positive reinforcement. It trickles down'

My breif stay at AliMed

I worked at AliMed full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people at AliMed are wonderful. They treat you like family. Everyone worked together to get the job done.

Cons

Upper management seemed to butt heads with each other. This made things difficult to tell what direction the company was going.

Take a tip from your workers and learn to work together.

Jun 16, 2014Human Resources Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your constructive advise on"working together as a team". It is a priority with the new CEO to listen to the views of employees ... More

good atmosphere great people

Current Employee - Building Cleaner in Dedham, MA
    Current Employee - Building Cleaner in Dedham, MA

I have been working at AliMed full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

reason stated above people at alimed are wonderful

Cons

travel time and expense long hours in all kinds of weather

keep the lines of communication open between employees and upper management as you have been doing its great for morale

Jun 16, 2014Human Resources Manager

We appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts on life at AliMed. I agree. Great people work at AliMed.Thank you for acknowledging "new management's" priority of keeping all employees well ... More

Nice people, lousy company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dedham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dedham, MA

I worked at AliMed full-time

Pros

Most of the people that work there are very nice and very competent in their fields. Privately held, so there is not the quarterly panic and severe cuts when sales are stagnant or off.

Cons

It's a lousy little company with a "factory" culture even for office workers. Management is very cheap although owner has more money than he will ever need. They are very behind the times in technology, general benefits, and in paid-time-off amounts/policy. No consistent policy about working remotely. Some people do sometimes and for others it seems frowned upon. Although some improvements have been made, the building is a dump.

Jun 16, 2014Human Resources Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback. This information is valuable to us as we strive to move forward as a company. Investing in new technology is one of our strategic goals for ... More

Stay away

I have been working at AliMed

Pros

Some very nice people work there. Nice easy commute if you live in the area, or towards the city.

Cons

Horrible management. Nobody is on the same page, and there is constant finger-pointing. "Too may cooks in the Kitchen". The catalog, and marketing team is a total mess. The company hordes an immense amount of stock in worthless items they try to sell via their catalogue for many times what competitors charge. Terrible website. No direction from above.

Purge... Get rid of low-selling items and gigantic amount of worthless stock. Completely re-vamp the catalog, it is a mess. Re-do the website. Bring the company into this century.

Jun 16, 2014Human Resources Manager

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us. This information is valuable as we strive to move the company forward. We hope you enjoyed your time at AliMed.

dissapointing

I have been working at AliMed full-time

Pros

Many people are wonderful to work with at Alimed but you have to try very hard to find them. Also, the actual products they produce are necessary to the sector that needs them (rehab items, podiatry, OR, etc)

Cons

the products they make are GROSSLY overpriced. There is no rhyme or reason to inflating prices, its at the sole whim of the president. Items are marked up thousands of percent. There is little to no direction from management. The pay is awful, and while lunches in the warehouse are a very nice gesture, Alimed does NOT give off the feeling of caring for their employees at all. In fact, they do the opposite; you feel like a number.

Budget for raises, even a small percentage goes a long way. Provide room for advancement and try harder to promote from within.

AliMed doesn't offer growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dedham, MA

I have been working at AliMed full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Things are changing with new management, but not fast enough.

Cons

There is practically no opportunity for growth. The only way to advance at AliMed is to be there 15+ years. Most of the good employees come and go because there is no where to grow. The company doesn't pay well for the amount of work they ask you to shoulder. Young employees are not well respected.

Pay the good employees well and fire the bad employees. Stop being cheap and invest in technology and a new building.