Aliron International, Inc.

Add Photos

1 Employee Review

Healthcare contractor overseas

Marriage and Family Therapist (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsThe company paid all my shipping cost of household goods and vehicle to my work site in Germany. They also covered all repatriation cost to the United States. I received full healthcare coverage and the premium was paid by Aliron. My salary was much higher than had I worked in the states and it was tax free since it was considered foreign earned income while overseas.

ConsAfter I was placed in Germany I almost never heard from the company and never even met the program manger who hired me over the phone. All my interviewing was done on the phone. I spent 3yrs in Germany and not once did the HR department contact me about my placement nor did the program manager come to do a site visit. Additionally, the company did not communicate with me any changes that were occuring and I found out via word of mouth that they were losing the contract I was employed under and I would be out of work. I had no sick time and had to use vacation time when sick or lose pay. I was also ill advised by the program manager who had recruited me on types of houseing available to me overseas. I asked if I could find a small furnished studio instead of bringing all my household goods and was told those don't exist in Germany. Well they are the norm over here! It seemed the person who recruited me was way out of touch with Germnay, housing and life in general.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer support to employees overseas, check in regulary as to their needs, job satisfaction and communicating changes in the company that will impact them. Make sure recruiters have knowlege of the location they are placing candidates, an understanding of local resources, living, shopping, culture, social etc.

Worked for Aliron International, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!