Alkermes

Be The First To
Add Photos

Alkermes Chairman, President, and CEO Richard F. Pops

Richard F. Pops

Chance to make an impact.

Scientist (Current Employee) Wilmington, OH

ProsData driven. Results oriented. Technical challenges abound. Input is valued.

ConsMore QA than one would expect.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay aggressive with development programs. Keep a handle on the Quality Systems, but watch for trival wasted efforts that don't add value.

Wonderful!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prospeople, benefits, vacation, flexibility, communication

Consheavy top management level, too many people who shouldn't be there and takes to long to fire them.

Advice to Senior Managementget rid of manufacturing training supervisor, she's the reason so many good people leave

Solid workplace

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wilmington, OH

ProsGreat workplace, very supportive of family and life balancing. Solid benefits and competitive salary. Friendly people. Small pharmaceutical culture/atmosphere

ConsThe merger with Elan is taking time to balance the corporate cultures. Turnover trends low which can limit opportunity as growth is slow.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGood pay, good company culture

ConsManagement needs to understand people can learn.

Good place to grow strong impact on helping me develop.

Mechanic (Former Employee) Wilmington, OH

ProsGreat Benefits
    Good Pay
    Good People

ConsMicro Managing
    Very Demanding
    Long Drive

The workplace that you've always wanted to be at.

IT (Current Employee) Wilmington, OH

ProsThe company has a lot of respect for their workers in general. You are treated very fairly, and they make it so that you are happy to get up and go to work in the mornings. Good co-workers, pleasant work atmosphere. We have managers that actually take the time to get out and work with and for you. You can guarantee that you have good represenation as to your wants, needs, and expectations as they make their way up to the senior management level. You can actually enjoy your job and do a good job that is helping make a difference in a lot of peoples lives.

ConsIf I find any downsides, I'll be sure to post them. In general, there aren't any real downsides as I see them. There is always that person or two that you wish you didn't have to work with as they have no people skills, but you do your time and deal with these people the best way you can. It isn't too hard keeping a smile on your face as you know you'll soon be done. You could consider the location of the company a downside for a lot of employee's, as there are quite a few that make quite a long drive to just work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. I know there have been rocky times, but I see you leading us to a bright future.

Worked for Alkermes? Contribute to the Community!