All Covered

Updated September 11, 2014
Updated September 11, 2014
2.2

Todd Croteau

Experience has been good so far.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Miami, FL

I have been working at All Covered full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is a strong backbone of support. There are buying programs for cars, and other items, which are nick, 401k plans, match 50% of up to 6% of contribution.

Cons

Most of the work flow as in ticketing system is based online which can be buggy at times.

Guide your employees to on how to move into new roles as their learning progresses.

Biding my time...

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at All Covered full-time

Pros

Not a single one. Period.

Cons

A few years ago this company went on an acquisition spree and later realized that they had no idea what they were doing. Fast forward to today after many clients and employees have left. When management isn't trying to find ways to force Konica copiers onto our clients they are busy focusing on metrics that don't take into account real world situations (i.e. people may have to do work that can't always be counted as billable).

Polish your resumes.

The sky is the limit.

I have been working at All Covered full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The team I work with is second to none. It is great working with a group of professionals completely dedicated to putting their customers first. I come to work every day for the people I get to work with.

There is a great deal of opportunity for career advancement. Our company has doubled in size in the last few years and is on track to double again in the next few. People are advancing their careers and moving in to new positions on a regular basis.

Cons

It's a difficult industry. Client issues can happen at any time and can require work outside of business hours. The hours can be rough sometimes. Compensation is competitive, benefits are fairly standard.

A new training program was recently rolled out and it could be better. Consider replacing it with something that can really benefit the engineers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place for someone with no ambition

Current Employee - Remote Support Engineer  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Remote Support Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at All Covered full-time for less than a year

Pros

A place to have healthcare. Not much emphasis on attendance.

Cons

Statistics are the most important aspect of the job (in the call center). There is no consideration for call volume or difficulty of task, there are hard and fast metrics that have to be hit. People fudge their numbers, escalating every call or holding tickets until they need a "close" as a result - then teach new people to do the same. Customer service is a non-factor. AC doesn't care about its customers, just its bottom line. Horrible ticketing system - even with the transition to Remedy, its disgusting that engineers have to fight so hard to get their work done. Coaching is non-existent; too often employees receive notification of their "failures" but no assistance in resolving it. Leadership expects the employee to have the answers on how they can help. No room for growth. I walked in wanting somewhere I could come to work and leave it when my day was done, I had no idea I was walking into a wasteland of people that had no ambition. They entice you with opportunity, but as you work, there are none. There is no camaraderie. This place is like a train station - you talk to the person next to you until your train shows up.

Re-evaluate the metrics; establish a sliding scale because not all days match up to the numbers you demand. Perform legitimate reviews of your employees - just because someone makes the numbers doesn't mean they are doing the work. Pay more attention to customer service - from remote support to operations, this is horrible.Finally, stop sending those unnecessary company-wide KMBS emails to teams that will never need them (i.e.: travel and credit card policy to call center teams).

Great Environment

I have been working at All Covered

Pros

A lot of opportunities to grow and good management. It's a great place to learn a lot of things.

Cons

Social loafing with some coworkers. Maybe more audits or reviews to ensure this doesn't happen.

Great place to learn fast, but...

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at All Covered full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall I have to say it is a great company. I learned a lot and I have to say my time there helped advance my skill set and career. They will work you to death, but I was a team player and they worked with me the best they could so that helped to know that local management care. A great place if you are single and you want to get exposed to more stuff and learn at a faster rate than being confined indoors at one place doing the same thing every day. Most people that I now that stayed have worked their way up in the company.

Cons

As I mentioned before, you are worked to death. I had a family and that did not work out. A lot of the other guys were single so they didn't mind but after a while my family started to suffer so I had to leave. I still talk to some folks who still work there and they have the same complaints still.

I always thought there was a disconnect between the senior execs in CA and the local teams. I felt like they did not know or realize or even care how much the the local staff was working their butts off. Often at the company online meetings it seemed like the president/CEO and his related team were working for a totally different company that we were.

Lack of Leadership, Direction, Vision

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at All Covered full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits and PTO
    Backed by Konica Minolta

Cons

-Short on resources to support clients
    -Lack of leadership, direction, and vision
    -Lack of clarity in personnel roles and responsibility

-Listen to your employees, especially sales--they are the account manager, relationship manager, and sales force
    -Communicate vision to the "front line" employees, not just local leadership
    -Realize your customers are your people--treat them like highly respected professionals and they will ensure the clients are happy
    -Take time to meet and get to know your people

Opportunity is an overused word at All Covered

I have been working at All Covered

Pros

Good benefits, good PTO policy and a few good people left from the acquisitions of successfully managed service providers.

Cons

Poor decisions include:
    - Turning sales people into account managers.
    - Turning account managers into sales people.
    - Removing the relationship management role.
    - After they realized the mistake of taking away the RM role, they turned technical people into relationship managers.
    - Pushing projects over service contracts.
    - Refusal to hire enough people to take care of the work.
    - They offer below market value for talent.
    - Took away the bonuses we carried over from our acquired company without telling us.

The extreme loss of clients and internal talent may be too much to overcome. Many high level engineers have left leaving a large knowledge gap.

Their current initiative is to Get, Keep and Grow employees, but the only thing they done is to offer online technical training (finally). But that doesn't address the top two reasons employees are leaving, not enough people to do the work and reductions in/low compensation.

I would not recommend this employer to a friend.

Value your employees as much as you value sales.

RUN!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I worked at All Covered full-time

Pros

free caffeine - you'll need it because they will run you ragged.
    coffee sucks, but the mountain dew, coke flow freely (at least for the first 3 weeks of the month)

Cons

Their client motto should be- We will overcharge and under-deliver.
    Poor processes, horrific back-end system that they have been "upgrading" for years
    A technology firm with bad technology
    Hostile work environment

All Covered Management? - Cash out, quick, before you lose anymore accounts.
    Konica-Minolta? Sell off this loser, or absorb it and change the name.

No idea what they are doing

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at All Covered

Pros

The few talented employees that are still there since the acquisition are trying their best.

Cons

All Covered took over a very profitable business and destroyed it in 2 years. Clients and employees are leaving in droves. Mgmt seriously has NO idea what they are doing. It's supposed to beca service company but all they care about is new sales. Current or old clients don't get any attention. The staff is vastly overworked and underpaid. Mgmt will send anybody out on a call, qualified or not. It's an unqualified disaster.

Quit and let somebody who actually knows something about the business take charge.

Worked for All Covered? Contribute to the Community!