All Covered

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Todd Croteau

Experience has been good so far.

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsThere is a strong backbone of support. There are buying programs for cars, and other items, which are nick, 401k plans, match 50% of up to 6% of contribution.

ConsMost of the work flow as in ticketing system is based online which can be buggy at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementGuide your employees to on how to move into new roles as their learning progresses.

The sky is the limit.

ProsThe team I work with is second to none. It is great working with a group of professionals completely dedicated to putting their customers first. I come to work every day for the people I get to work with.

There is a great deal of opportunity for career advancement. Our company has doubled in size in the last few years and is on track to double again in the next few. People are advancing their careers and moving in to new positions on a regular basis.

ConsIt's a difficult industry. Client issues can happen at any time and can require work outside of business hours. The hours can be rough sometimes. Compensation is competitive, benefits are fairly standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementA new training program was recently rolled out and it could be better. Consider replacing it with something that can really benefit the engineers.

Great place to learn fast, but...

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Tysons Corner, VA

ProsOverall I have to say it is a great company. I learned a lot and I have to say my time there helped advance my skill set and career. They will work you to death, but I was a team player and they worked with me the best they could so that helped to know that local management care. A great place if you are single and you want to get exposed to more stuff and learn at a faster rate than being confined indoors at one place doing the same thing every day. Most people that I now that stayed have worked their way up in the company.

ConsAs I mentioned before, you are worked to death. I had a family and that did not work out. A lot of the other guys were single so they didn't mind but after a while my family started to suffer so I had to leave. I still talk to some folks who still work there and they have the same complaints still.

Advice to Senior ManagementI always thought there was a disconnect between the senior execs in CA and the local teams. I felt like they did not know or realize or even care how much the the local staff was working their butts off. Often at the company online meetings it seemed like the president/CEO and his related team were working for a totally different company that we were.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lack of Leadership, Direction, Vision

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits and PTO
    Backed by Konica Minolta

Cons-Short on resources to support clients
    -Lack of leadership, direction, and vision
    -Lack of clarity in personnel roles and responsibility

Advice to Senior Management-Listen to your employees, especially sales--they are the account manager, relationship manager, and sales force
    -Communicate vision to the "front line" employees, not just local leadership
    -Realize your customers are your people--treat them like highly respected professionals and they will ensure the clients are happy
    -Take time to meet and get to know your people

Opportunity is an overused word at All Covered

ProsGood benefits, good PTO policy and a few good people left from the acquisitions of successfully managed service providers.

ConsPoor decisions include:
    - Turning sales people into account managers.
    - Turning account managers into sales people.
    - Removing the relationship management role.
    - After they realized the mistake of taking away the RM role, they turned technical people into relationship managers.
    - Pushing projects over service contracts.
    - Refusal to hire enough people to take care of the work.
    - They offer below market value for talent.
    - Took away the bonuses we carried over from our acquired company without telling us.

The extreme loss of clients and internal talent may be too much to overcome. Many high level engineers have left leaving a large knowledge gap.

Their current initiative is to Get, Keep and Grow employees, but the only thing they done is to offer online technical training (finally). But that doesn't address the top two reasons employees are leaving, not enough people to do the work and reductions in/low compensation.

I would not recommend this employer to a friend.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees as much as you value sales.

Great Environment

ProsA lot of opportunities to grow and good management. It's a great place to learn a lot of things.

ConsSocial loafing with some coworkers. Maybe more audits or reviews to ensure this doesn't happen.

RUN!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Deerfield, IL

Prosfree caffeine - you'll need it because they will run you ragged.
    coffee sucks, but the mountain dew, coke flow freely (at least for the first 3 weeks of the month)

ConsTheir client motto should be- We will overcharge and under-deliver.
    Poor processes, horrific back-end system that they have been "upgrading" for years
    A technology firm with bad technology
    Hostile work environment

Advice to Senior ManagementAll Covered Management? - Cash out, quick, before you lose anymore accounts.
    Konica-Minolta? Sell off this loser, or absorb it and change the name.

No idea what they are doing

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThe few talented employees that are still there since the acquisition are trying their best.

ConsAll Covered took over a very profitable business and destroyed it in 2 years. Clients and employees are leaving in droves. Mgmt seriously has NO idea what they are doing. It's supposed to beca service company but all they care about is new sales. Current or old clients don't get any attention. The staff is vastly overworked and underpaid. Mgmt will send anybody out on a call, qualified or not. It's an unqualified disaster.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit and let somebody who actually knows something about the business take charge.

All Covered over promises and under delivers

Solutions Architect (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsThe employees that do work there do their best. Many will go out of their way to help because they know we are all in the same boat (meaning lack of support, lack of management, and lack of education).

ConsThe company is interested in one thing, money. However, their product it commoditized managed services. There are not values and management does not support their resources (employees). They acquire good companies, only to provide sub-par server which forces the acquired clients to find other vendors once their contract is up, if not before.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the employees. Listen to them and act on what they say is essential. Then, work on caring more for your client's then bottom line, and then watch the profits and satisfaction increase. Basic business 101.

A nice place to visit, but don't plan on staying

Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI was at the company for over 5 years and found it to be a great learning environment. The field engineers in my region were great to work with and could be counted upon to help at any time, with any problem.

ConsTraining is not valued by senior management, it was talked about constantly, but it never appeared.
    Competitive pay is not there - look at the attrition numbers - people don't quit to make less money.
    Working weekends and afterhours to resolve issues is normal.
    Project work: the client gets billed at a premium rate for weekends and the engineer is lucky to get comp time.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't promote someone just because he is the last overworked engineer in a market and you're afraid he'll quit. You don't end up with a senior level engineer, you just end up with someone with senior level bitterness. Bite the bullet and hire people.

Cut the copier salesmen out of the decision loop, they're worthless.

Worked for All Covered? Contribute to the Community!