All Covered

Updated January 9, 2015
Updated January 9, 2015
2.2

Todd Croteau

Pros
  • Great place to learn remote support, if you can learn on the fly with super high escalation expectations (in 5 reviews)

• The people are wonderful - always willing to help out or to be a sounding board (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is not valued by senior management, it was talked about constantly, but it never appeared (in 6 reviews)

• Statistics are the most important aspect of the job (in the call center) (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place for someone with no ambition

Current Employee - Remote Support Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Remote Support Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at All Covered full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A place to have healthcare. Not much emphasis on attendance.

Cons

Statistics are the most important aspect of the job (in the call center). There is no consideration for call volume or difficulty of task, there are hard and fast metrics that have to be hit. People fudge their numbers, escalating every call or holding tickets until they need a "close" as a result - then teach new people to do the same. Customer service is a non-factor. AC doesn't care about its customers, just its bottom line. Horrible ticketing system - even with the transition to Remedy, its disgusting that engineers have to fight so hard to get their work done. Coaching is non-existent; too often employees receive notification of their "failures" but no assistance in resolving it. Leadership expects the employee to have the answers on how they can help. No room for growth. I walked in wanting somewhere I could come to work and leave it when my day was done, I had no idea I was walking into a wasteland of people that had no ambition. They entice you with opportunity, but as you work, there are none. There is no camaraderie. This place is like a train station - you talk to the person next to you until your train shows up.

Re-evaluate the metrics; establish a sliding scale because not all days match up to the numbers you demand. Perform legitimate reviews of your employees - just because someone makes the numbers doesn't mean they are doing the work. Pay more attention to customer service - from remote support to operations, this is horrible.Finally, stop sending those unnecessary company-wide KMBS emails to teams that will never need them (i.e.: travel and credit card policy to call center teams).

Great place to learn fast, but...

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at All Covered full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Overall I have to say it is a great company. I learned a lot and I have to say my time there helped advance my skill set and career. They will work you to death, but I was a team player and they worked with me the best they could so that helped to know that local management care. A great place if you are single and you want to get exposed to more stuff and learn at a faster rate than being confined indoors at one place doing the same thing every day. Most people that I now that stayed have worked their way up in the company.

Cons

As I mentioned before, you are worked to death. I had a family and that did not work out. A lot of the other guys were single so they didn't mind but after a while my family started to suffer so I had to leave. I still talk to some folks who still work there and they have the same complaints still.

I always thought there was a disconnect between the senior execs in CA and the local teams. I felt like they did not know or realize or even care how much the the local staff was working their butts off. Often at the company online meetings it seemed like the president/CEO and his related team were working for a totally different company that we were.

Lack of Leadership, Direction, Vision

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at All Covered full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits and PTO
    Backed by Konica Minolta

Cons

-Short on resources to support clients
    -Lack of leadership, direction, and vision
    -Lack of clarity in personnel roles and responsibility

-Listen to your employees, especially sales--they are the account manager, relationship manager, and sales force
    -Communicate vision to the "front line" employees, not just local leadership
    -Realize your customers are your people--treat them like highly respected professionals and they will ensure the clients are happy
    -Take time to meet and get to know your people

Great Environment

I have been working at All Covered

Pros

A lot of opportunities to grow and good management. It's a great place to learn a lot of things.

Cons

Social loafing with some coworkers. Maybe more audits or reviews to ensure this doesn't happen.

Opportunity is an overused word at All Covered

I have been working at All Covered

Pros

Good benefits, good PTO policy and a few good people left from the acquisitions of successfully managed service providers.

Cons

Poor decisions include:
    - Turning sales people into account managers.
    - Turning account managers into sales people.
    - Removing the relationship management role.
    - After they realized the mistake of taking away the RM role, they turned technical people into relationship managers.
    - Pushing projects over service contracts.
    - Refusal to hire enough people to take care of the work.
    - They offer below market value for talent.
    - Took away the bonuses we carried over from our acquired company without telling us.

The extreme loss of clients and internal talent may be too much to overcome. Many high level engineers have left leaving a large knowledge gap.

Their current initiative is to Get, Keep and Grow employees, but the only thing they done is to offer online technical training (finally). But that doesn't address the top two reasons employees are leaving, not enough people to do the work and reductions in/low compensation.

I would not recommend this employer to a friend.

Value your employees as much as you value sales.

RUN!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I worked at All Covered full-time

Pros

free caffeine - you'll need it because they will run you ragged.
    coffee sucks, but the mountain dew, coke flow freely (at least for the first 3 weeks of the month)

Cons

Their client motto should be- We will overcharge and under-deliver.
    Poor processes, horrific back-end system that they have been "upgrading" for years
    A technology firm with bad technology
    Hostile work environment

All Covered Management? - Cash out, quick, before you lose anymore accounts.
    Konica-Minolta? Sell off this loser, or absorb it and change the name.

No idea what they are doing

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at All Covered

Pros

The few talented employees that are still there since the acquisition are trying their best.

Cons

All Covered took over a very profitable business and destroyed it in 2 years. Clients and employees are leaving in droves. Mgmt seriously has NO idea what they are doing. It's supposed to beca service company but all they care about is new sales. Current or old clients don't get any attention. The staff is vastly overworked and underpaid. Mgmt will send anybody out on a call, qualified or not. It's an unqualified disaster.

Quit and let somebody who actually knows something about the business take charge.

poor management

I have been working at All Covered

Pros

I dont think I can think of any pros for this company. It is close to my home? Free Coffee

Cons

bad management, no standard operating procedure, no answers from management, have to pick up the slack for other team members, under staffed

Good company in a challenging industry

Former Employee - IT Services Consultant
    Former Employee - IT Services Consultant

I worked at All Covered full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work with the latest business IT technology. The company is focused on offering a comprehensive suite of IT products for their customers.

Cons

Parent company is still focused on the document imaging space, selling IT Services as an add-on product. Very difficult to get the attention of most copier sales staff.

All Covered over promises and under delivers

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at All Covered full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The employees that do work there do their best. Many will go out of their way to help because they know we are all in the same boat (meaning lack of support, lack of management, and lack of education).

Cons

The company is interested in one thing, money. However, their product it commoditized managed services. There are not values and management does not support their resources (employees). They acquire good companies, only to provide sub-par server which forces the acquired clients to find other vendors once their contract is up, if not before.

Pay attention to the employees. Listen to them and act on what they say is essential. Then, work on caring more for your client's then bottom line, and then watch the profits and satisfaction increase. Basic business 101.

All Covered Photos