Allegiance Health System

Updated July 20, 2014
Updated July 20, 2014
3.6

Georgia Fojtasek

So far great place to work. Like the staff. Easy to transition into other areas

I have been working at Allegiance Health System

Pros

Decent wages. Decent benefits. Great people. Large employer many different areas

Cons

Although there are many openings. There also a lot of people bidding on the same job

Gossip central, employees exhausted, no work life balance

Former Employee - Behavioral Health  in  Jackson, MI
    Former Employee - Behavioral Health in Jackson, MI

I worked at Allegiance Health System full-time

Pros

The hospital staff honestly and genuinely cares about helping patients to heal and communicating with them in an open manner. These values make it a worthwhile experience.

Cons

So much mandated overtime, not enough staff, staff not very willing to help each other out and cover shifts which makes work-life balance very difficult, compensation is not enough

Take care of your employees and they will take care of their patients

Satisfied, but too much micromanagement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jackson, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

I worked at Allegiance Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Personal growth was satisfactory, despite the lack of proper training. Not a bad place to work.

Cons

The department was very heavily micro-managed and nothing seemed to change as to the real problems we faced. We were commonly short-staffed.

Show a bit more employee appreciation. The intranet shout-outs are great. Maybe a bit more from upper management. Also, have a bigger hand in the way things are run in the departments.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast-paced environment that focuses on quality patient care and safety

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Jackson, MI
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Jackson, MI

I worked at Allegiance Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great at staying up-to-date with the latest medical technologies, team driven, strong staff communications, senior management updates staff regularly on changes and the direction the hospital is going, patient safety is top priority.

Cons

Staff in middle management positions are not trained well on how to manage their staff. Some are promoted to the positions because of who they know or are friends with. On a daily basis, managers would yell at their staff which creates a very disruptive environment.

Take unannounced visits to various departments to see how middle management staff members interacts with their staff.

RN

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Jackson, MI
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Jackson, MI

I have been working at Allegiance Health System full-time

Pros

Good starting pay for a new RN, self scheduling and working every third weekend.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like they own me, and they feel like that, too. Being on call until 2am and being called at exactly 2am to come in for 4 hours.

Get rid of some of the busy work, and streamline processes and paperwork into the computer system instead of the paper chart

Overall a good experience

I have been working at Allegiance Health System for more than a year

Pros

The staff are friendly, cafeteria has good food that is very reasonably priced, the gift shop is very nice.

Cons

As for much of healthcare these days, management is often looking for ways to save money. They will send staff home early or cut back hours to improve the budget.

By keeping departments running at a very tight employee to patient ratio, you are often putting patient's safety at risk. Patients are often left alone. It may be only a matter of time before a patient suffers harm due to this type of cost-saving measure.

Large organization, patients love us or hate us

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Allegiance Health System full-time

Pros

Lots of friendly staff, good pay, staffing is handled well, management is responsive and engaged with empolyees.

Cons

Policies, charting, rules, etc are always changing. Relatively large organization so things seem hectic or unorganized but they are making the effort.

This is a difficult time for the healthcare industry, I think most employees are making their best effort to provide the best care they can. Realize we are not superhuman and safe care dissapears quickly with higher demands from patient loads or job duties.

RN

I have been working at Allegiance Health System full-time

Pros

Very flexible with schedules. My unit manager is responsive, but in an indirect way.

Cons

Lots of floating to other units

Get a better feeling for what floor nursing is... not what it used to be

Awesome Place to Work!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Jackson, MI
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Jackson, MI

I have been working at Allegiance Health System full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very supportive management team. Co-workers are awesome. Great benefits package. Lots of educational opportunities. Incredible patients.

Cons

Need more staff, nurses, certified nursing assistants, and housekeeping staff.

Keep up the good work. Allegiance Health Systems has come a long way in the last several years.

I love working at Allegiance Health!

I have been working at Allegiance Health System full-time

Pros

The Allegiance team lives up to our team mission every day; we lead our community to better health and well being at every stage of life.

Cons

“How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.”George Washington Carver- The work we do can be exhausting.

Worked for Allegiance Health System? Contribute to the Community!