Allegiance Health System

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Georgia Fojtasek

So far great place to work. Like the staff. Easy to transition into other areas

ProsDecent wages. Decent benefits. Great people. Large employer many different areas

ConsAlthough there are many openings. There also a lot of people bidding on the same job

Gossip central, employees exhausted, no work life balance

Behavioral Health (Former Employee) Jackson, MI

ProsThe hospital staff honestly and genuinely cares about helping patients to heal and communicating with them in an open manner. These values make it a worthwhile experience.

ConsSo much mandated overtime, not enough staff, staff not very willing to help each other out and cover shifts which makes work-life balance very difficult, compensation is not enough

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees and they will take care of their patients

Satisfied, but too much micromanagement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jackson, MI

ProsPersonal growth was satisfactory, despite the lack of proper training. Not a bad place to work.

ConsThe department was very heavily micro-managed and nothing seemed to change as to the real problems we faced. We were commonly short-staffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow a bit more employee appreciation. The intranet shout-outs are great. Maybe a bit more from upper management. Also, have a bigger hand in the way things are run in the departments.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast-paced environment that focuses on quality patient care and safety

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Jackson, MI

ProsGreat at staying up-to-date with the latest medical technologies, team driven, strong staff communications, senior management updates staff regularly on changes and the direction the hospital is going, patient safety is top priority.

ConsStaff in middle management positions are not trained well on how to manage their staff. Some are promoted to the positions because of who they know or are friends with. On a daily basis, managers would yell at their staff which creates a very disruptive environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake unannounced visits to various departments to see how middle management staff members interacts with their staff.

RN

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Jackson, MI

ProsGood starting pay for a new RN, self scheduling and working every third weekend.

ConsSometimes I feel like they own me, and they feel like that, too. Being on call until 2am and being called at exactly 2am to come in for 4 hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of some of the busy work, and streamline processes and paperwork into the computer system instead of the paper chart

Large organization, patients love us or hate us

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsLots of friendly staff, good pay, staffing is handled well, management is responsive and engaged with empolyees.

ConsPolicies, charting, rules, etc are always changing. Relatively large organization so things seem hectic or unorganized but they are making the effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a difficult time for the healthcare industry, I think most employees are making their best effort to provide the best care they can. Realize we are not superhuman and safe care dissapears quickly with higher demands from patient loads or job duties.

Overall a good experience

ProsThe staff are friendly, cafeteria has good food that is very reasonably priced, the gift shop is very nice.

ConsAs for much of healthcare these days, management is often looking for ways to save money. They will send staff home early or cut back hours to improve the budget.

Advice to Senior ManagementBy keeping departments running at a very tight employee to patient ratio, you are often putting patient's safety at risk. Patients are often left alone. It may be only a matter of time before a patient suffers harm due to this type of cost-saving measure.

RN

ProsVery flexible with schedules. My unit manager is responsive, but in an indirect way.

ConsLots of floating to other units

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a better feeling for what floor nursing is... not what it used to be

Awesome Place to Work!

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Jackson, MI

ProsVery supportive management team. Co-workers are awesome. Great benefits package. Lots of educational opportunities. Incredible patients.

ConsNeed more staff, nurses, certified nursing assistants, and housekeeping staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Allegiance Health Systems has come a long way in the last several years.

I love working at Allegiance Health!

ProsThe Allegiance team lives up to our team mission every day; we lead our community to better health and well being at every stage of life.

Cons“How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.”George Washington Carver- The work we do can be exhausting.

Worked for Allegiance Health System? Contribute to the Community!