Allegiant Travel Reviews

Reset

Manager, Talent Acquisition & Employment Services

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Allegiant Travel (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture! Great work environment. We are growing, which is very exciting, and team members do a great job of collaborating together and focus on innovative approaches.

Cons

We are working through new technology to assist with our growth, but integration takes time.

Financial Analysts

I worked at Allegiant Travel full-time

Pros

Great learning environment, its easy to make connections throughout the company and learn how an airline works from the inside out.

Cons

You have to want to stay in the airline business if you work here. They will move you around the company and you will lose focus on what your initial job was.

Advice to Management

Nothing, doing a great job. Keep it up. Increase vacation time and pay. Also, lunch should be free in the break room.

Iv resigned & am so happy at U.S Airways!

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a lot of fun at work depending on who the crew is.

Cons

Management shows favoritism & Flight Attendants are bullies & will falsely accuse you. Work environment on the plane can be horrible depending on your crew. Company is so small that you will fly with individuals you don't like way too often & the rumors & bullying is off the charts. There are some serious Union issues & tons of flight attendants have went to other airlines or are in the process of going to another airline.

Advice to Management

Hire professional Las Vegas base coordinators, a better point system, bigger bonuses & stop letting Flight Attendants have so much power to get people falsely accused & bully.

they do not care about their employees

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time

Pros

There are no overnights so you are home every night

Cons

We do not get holiday pay and only get $1 for per diem. Managment does not care about flight attendants and pilots

Staff

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time

Pros

You don't work too hard!

Cons

The company doesn't care about customers or employees. The company culture is non existent. Management stinks and the company is selfish!

AGENT

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Allegiant Travel (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a nice growing company with a lot of potential for the future.

Cons

If you work in PIE, you sign up for a part time and you work just enough under full time hours not collect full time benefits. The salary is not worth discussing. And you cant get a second job b/c you never get your schedule on time (not to mention its done on a monthly bases) In the 7 months i was there, they said we were to get it on the 15th o each month, this only happened once. We usually get it 1-2 days before the new bid starts. while the trading policies are nice b/c you can work out your schedule kinks and/or take advantage of the ONLY benefit we have which is travel, it doesn't work b/c they schedule in a manner in which everyone is either working at the same times or are overworked. When you are short staff NO SUPERVISOR STAY OR COME IN ON THEIR TIME OFF TO HELP! THERE ARE FEW IF ANY WORKING MANAGEMENT! THEY JUST LOOK BUSY The leadership is the worse leadership I've ever worked with in my life. They have no respect and are condescending and are on power trips.

Advice to Management

Clean up your leadership house! Find leaders who lead by example and give their employees a sense of ownership and pride. Work on better schedules. The employees who are there have to pay the price for the mast exodus of exiting employees because you cannot give schedules on time or give hours so we can hold our full time jobs. Get some leaders not bosses!

If you see an Allegiant Air Plane, you know there is an empty trailer park!

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Sanford, FL
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Sanford, FL

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Go home every night if you're not stranded.

Cons

The other Flight Attendants. It would really be great if people were happier with their lives. It can be fun but it is what you make of it.

Advice to Management

There is so much potential in creating a strong bond among Flight Attendants with management. We invest our life and our time away from home to support the shareholders. Business is good, be good in business. Period.

Top heavy.

I worked at Allegiant Travel

Pros

Great FA's to work with. Travel benefits are great for the employee and their family. Pay is good if you work long enough to reach some sort of seniority. Great benefits as well. Maury is a great CEO and is very knowledgeable in running the company just wish his managers had his same characteristics.

Cons

Company is top heavy. Company may be growing to fast. Management believes they can do whatever they want. The company doesn't believe in FA's making a career with Allegiant. They believe FA's should move on when they reach 10 years. Company refuses to compromise with union in contract negotiations.

Advice to Management

Management needs to adhere to their company policies. Why have policies if management ignores company policies and creates policies on the whim that solely benefit the company? Management needs to be educated in employment law. Lawsuits are eminent. Management needs to realize that their FA's and inflight staff are not the enemy but the back bone of this company. Treat them with respect and fairness but most of all follow company policy and employment laws.

Shareholders are the only thing that matters!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Allegiant Travel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice colleagues, No dress code and travel benefits.

Cons

The company culture is greed. They take advantage of customers and employees and there is a disconnect between management and the employee's. I heard the phrase "If you don't like it here you can leave" many times throughout the company. You will be pushed to your limit and that is why I posted this review. I reached my limit and moved on.

Advice to Management

They would not listen.

All around airport jobs: counter, ramp, security, baggage handling, commissary, ticket sales, aircraft cleaning

Current Employee - Station Agent in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Station Agent in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Allegiant Travel

Pros

Great travel benefits (space available) and holiday perks and bonuses.

Cons

No fixed schedule and no sick leaves after working very stressful jobs

Advice to Management

Minimum wage for the amount if workload. Not cool.

RSS Feed </> Embed