Allegis Global Solutions

3.3
Michael W. Salandra

1. Marketing Team

I have been working at Allegis Global Solutions full-time

Pros

Great Leadership Team
    Flexible Work Schedule
    Opportunity to grow with company
    Strong support of company's Core Values

Cons

Compensation seems low compared to other companies

Advice to Management

Please continue to do a great job of not being afraid to release information and keep employees update!

2. Excellent RPO company to work for

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Allegis Global Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging and meaningful work
    Autonomy to make decisions and solve problems
    Communication amongst teams creates cohesion and fosters teamwork

Cons

Dependent upon sales pipeline to stay working
    Not established in Western US

Advice to Management

Continue to be open with communication and don't be fearful of delivering tough messages

3. Recruiting Associate

I have been working at Allegis Global Solutions full-time

Pros

Not very many, office is loud, network is terrible, not much time to find out new projects

Cons

Don't bother talking to get in touch with management

5. So far so good

I have been working at Allegis Global Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexibility, growth opportunity, solid team

Cons

general challenges of working for a client

6. My long term work "home" and "family", been here nearly two decades!

I have been working at Allegis Global Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Allegis Group companies (TEKsystems, Aerotek, AGS, etc.) hire many people as entry level employees, myself included. Many of us have been here a very long time. The company has given me many opportunities to expand my skills, move up the later (and across the jungle gym). The values here are all about builidng genuine relationships and doing quality work with pride. We work hard, we play hard, and we sincerely care about one another. I couldn't ask for a better company to work for. Often people who transition to the company mid career talk about how it is much less "political" and restrictive than environments they have previously worked in.

Cons

While there may be a perception that we have high turnover, our engagement survey results are off the charts and our attrition rates are below industry average. Often the people that are vocal about leaving and turnover started here as their first job and decided the industry or the work required to succeed was not in alignment with what they were looking for. Young professionals should always be encouraged to follow their hearts and unfortunately not everyone falls in love with our environment but most do.
    We are also a pay for performance organization, which means in many of our roles you have the opportunity to make unlimited commissions or substantial bonuses based on indivdual performance. This model may not be for everyone, especially people that like a predictable, stable income. For me and many others it has worked very well in my favor and I am willing to have a higher income potential over a lower guaranteed salary because I'm confident in my own performance. I have always been fairly rewarded for my performance, at times received over 100% of bonus.

Advice to Management

Continue to make this a great place to work but keeping up to speed with "perks" offered in the marketplace.
    Never become a rigid, stuffy company that limits its people. Keep the growing company mentality that allows us to drive our own success and feel a spirit of ownership in the organization.

Blah

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Allegis Global Solutions part-time

Pros

Flexible work hours, co workers drink a lot, some hotties

Cons

Horrible pay for the work required

Advice to Management

Learn to hires better managers and stop promoting a "boys club" environment

Might look for something else if you can

Former Employee - Program Coordinator
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator

I worked at Allegis Global Solutions

Pros

Honestly there were not many cons. I really liked the nature of the job, but the team and how the company "handles" things it was not desirable. They are international.

Cons

lack of training, lack of management, inability to delegate, lack of management understanding the workload so we were constantly over worked, did not get paid what we should have considering all we did, unprofessional, HR didn't even have it together when contacted for assistance, inconsistent with procedures/policies, office issues that were never addressed, lack of higher ups not taking the time to speak with team members individually when they would come into the office to really get a better idea of what was happening.

Advice to Management

I would take the time to sit with each team member to understand what is really happening at the client onsite locations. You can have the manager tell you what they "think" is going on, but until you take the time to speak with the team members one on one you are really going to lose a vital part of what is really happening.

9. So far my experience has been neutral, neither positive nor negative. I took the role for the experience.

I have been working at Allegis Global Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team is awesome, the since we are on site at a client location we have the opportunity to build strong relationships with our client as well, ability to work on many different roles so it isn't repetitive

Cons

No training, no SOPs, poor benefits, low pay for expectations, workload is overwhelming, all processes (and i mean ALL) are manual, horrible ATS (this isn't necessarily Allegis's fault), you have to negotiate your own annual bonus, it's not standard.. This could be a pro, if you knew this going into the role.

Advice to Management

Higher pay, better benefits, make pay comparable to what our peers at Aerotek and Tek make - provide some sort of significant bonus or real chance to see an increase in base pay. Or keep bonuses transparent - AKA - you must hire 85 people per year to receive $5,000, 100 people to receive $8,000 etc. It's much more motivating to see a correlation of hard work and higher pay check. A raise of $1000 per year is laughable. My review sounds pretty negative but to be fair I'm not miserable at work; but I think that pertains to the client we work for and with, and my immediate Allegis team, who I enjoy working with.

10. Growing Company

I have been working at Allegis Global Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Building company with a similar formula that has created long term success at Allegis parent. Like any company there are pros and cons. Great people that for the most part put time and effort into developing others and providing high calibre service to the client base.

Cons

Pay is average, benefits are average

Advice to Management

Incentivize those who plan to help build the company long term rather than being concerned with matching market in the short term.

11. Great Place to Work

I have been working at Allegis Global Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company invests in employee develeopment; strong values; great benefits

Cons

Some limited advancement if working away from a hub location.