Allegis Group

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael (Mike) Salandra

Pros
  • Most people are great to work with(in 6 reviews)

• Good company culture and great work life balance(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The health/benefits plan is poor and upper management has begun to loose touch with the average employee(in 3 reviews)

• Sometimes it feels like meetings are your job rather than doing development(in 2 reviews)

Very employee friendly

ProsGood company culture and great work life balance. They take building your career very seriously and want you to succeed.

ConsSometimes I feel like the work isn't that challenging. Plus with it being such a large company you tend to not know some other people.

Company in the Midst of an Identity Crisis

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hanover, MD

ProsAllegis has many positive aspects. You will find yourself surrounded by friendly and competent people. The pay is competitive with other large companies. The work life balance is excellent.

ConsThe culture of Allegis has degraded considerably over the last few years as the company has worked on increasing its global footprint. The health/benefits plan is poor and upper management has begun to loose touch with the average employee. The company is in the middle of an outsourcing project so I would advise an IT oriented worker to look elsewhere. There are many people working there who are in fear of loosing their jobs to out sourcing.

Advice to Senior ManagementOutsourcing may be the key to a global footprint but it shouldn't come at the cost of quality. Allegis could easily have partnered with outsourcing companies without a RIF of current internal employees. The most common complaint I have heard from management was that "there was so much work" and there weren't enough people to do it. That is certainly true and I experienced it firsthand. Allegis could easily have instituted a zero headcount policy for its IT services and made all new hires from its off shore partners. Natural attrition would reduce IT overhead expense and the quality of work would not suffer.

Excellent Culture, work/life balance, losing focus on IT

ProsUnderstanding management, excellent employee culture. Employee turnaround is low, most employees have been here 5 or more years. Company tries to encourage personal and professional growth as much as possible.

ConsCompany is in process to off-shore most of the work of IT. Opportunities in the IT department will be minimal or non-existent. Many IT employees were notified of upcoming offshoring under the guise of "globalization efforts" only to receive termination notices.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor as large of an organization, the company needs to remain focused to internal IT. Losing that focus will do nothing but hurt the child companies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mixed results

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Hanover, MD

ProsInteresting projects, good hourly rate, successful parent company with other Operating Companies in staffing industry. Most customers and peers are intelligent and easy to work with. Firm is very profitable.

ConsHigh Turnover, excessive politics, outdated technologies - still using Windows XP, 24x7 work environment where staff are expected to be available at all hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote talented people and put less emphasis on politics

Decent culture until layoffs occur and favoritism is rampant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hanover, MD

ProsGood salary for career beginners, good benefits, overall the culture is nice and they treat their employees well.

ConsIf you want to advance and don't enjoy sucking up to Sr.Managers and Directors, good luck. During a layoff in 2009 I had been in my department for 7 years. I was let go but the Dept. head kept someone who had recently transferred to that department. The only reason that person wasn't laid off was because he had been with the company for 15 years and was friends with the CEO. So here you have a guy who worked in a department completely seperate from mine, transfers into my department for 6 months and his job is salvaged and I am thrown to the wolves.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop favoring those who kiss up. It's astonishing to me by the way that they take Directors of certain departments and make them Directors of other departments with which they have no experience.

Excellent organization, good company structure, great people.

Business Development (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPeople, pay and work challenges

ConsPolitics can get in the way of progress

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate career paths and remove stigmatism of only want young college grds and hire experienced tenured people.

Allegis is very employee focused and forward thinking in their development of a team environment

RPO (Former Employee)

ProsRPO group was approachable, helpful, and passionate about their roles. They have excellent benefits as you would expect from a large company yet the senior management seems like a smaller company from their support and encouragement of employees. They train and mentor their staff well so you are well positioned to grow your career if you're still green.

ConsI really enjoyed working for Allegis. Pay was about average. Sometimes it can be difficult to be onsite at client but not a client employee but that's how the RPO is successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the training and team building and stay open to alternative ideas that may fill your roles. Sometimes a great fit for the team or client is not the type you had in mind. Try more telecommuniting single moms or senior folks that will trade the stress of their current job for your great work environment

Decent legal staffing through InsideEdge brand

Contract Attorney (Current Employee) Boston, MA

Prosnice staff. were able to find me a job

Consseem more intent/able to find temp work than permanent/salaried with benefits work.

A Great Place to Work

Supervisor (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsIf you are new to the employment world, Allegis Group is a great place to start your adventure. You will pick up basic skills that will help you throughout your professional career.

ConsYou can easily find yourself stagnant and not exploring great opportunities beyond the Allegis landscape. Before you know it, you are left behind in your career with no diverse experience except that which is offered via Allegis Group.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up your click. You are missing valuable talent by excluding new talent into the folds of management.

Unprofessional Management with no room to grow

Client Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsPay was not bad and I enjoyed the people I directly interacted with as well as the client that I supported.

ConsManagement was unprofessional and lacked communication as well as people leader skills. Environment was very saturated with favoritism. Upper management was very shady and untruthful to their client. No feedback provided. No room for growth at all. If you voice your concerns you are looked at as a negative seed in the environment. There is no appreciation for loyalty, hard work, ethics, or attendance. Very high school tactics and can't trust anyone because of the time that upper management creates. No work life balance. Very snobby if you don't fit their cookie cutter mold of the type of individual they want working for their company. I also witnessed first hand the support of racial and discriminating activities.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't put people in people leader positions just because your pals with them or because they know someone in the organization. Provide more support for growth and those that are looking to expand skills as well as promotional opportunities. Also may want to conduct some feedback surveys for operations leaders for all levels of employees so you can get a more accurate gauge in how these individuals are viewed.

Worked for Allegis Group? Contribute to the Community!