Allegis Group

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael (Mike) Salandra

Pros:
  • "Most people are great to work with"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Expectations and standards are high but that makes it a great place to work as you strive to be the best"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sometimes it feels like meetings are your job rather than doing development"
    in 2 reviews
  • "Work-life balance can get affected"
    in 2 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Decent culture until layoffs occur and favoritism is rampant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Hanover, MD

I worked at Allegis Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood salary for career beginners, good benefits, overall the culture is nice and they treat their employees well.

ConsIf you want to advance and don't enjoy sucking up to Sr.Managers and Directors, good luck. During a layoff in 2009 I had been in my department for 7 years. I was let go but the Dept. head kept someone who had recently transferred to that department. The only reason that person wasn't laid off was because he had been with the company for 15 years and was friends with the CEO. So here you have a guy who worked in a department completely seperate from mine, transfers into my department for 6 months and his job is salvaged and I am thrown to the wolves.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop favoring those who kiss up. It's astonishing to me by the way that they take Directors of certain departments and make them Directors of other departments with which they have no experience.

Excellent organization, good company structure, great people.

Business Development (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Allegis Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPeople, pay and work challenges

ConsPolitics can get in the way of progress

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate career paths and remove stigmatism of only want young college grds and hire experienced tenured people.

Monkey really loving on a football

Dealer Account Representative (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Allegis Group full-time for less than a year

ProsNone that I can think of, this translates to MarketSource whom I worked for under the parent company Allegis Group

ConsHR & Benefits is beyond a joke, when you talk to them it's like a deer in headlights!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of just collecting money for hiring us out actually be professional at every step and verify it. We begged for your MANDATORY orientation, IT NEVER TOOK PLACE...

Allegis is very employee focused and forward thinking in their development of a team environment

RPO (Former Employee)

I worked at Allegis Group full-time for more than a year

ProsRPO group was approachable, helpful, and passionate about their roles. They have excellent benefits as you would expect from a large company yet the senior management seems like a smaller company from their support and encouragement of employees. They train and mentor their staff well so you are well positioned to grow your career if you're still green.

ConsI really enjoyed working for Allegis. Pay was about average. Sometimes it can be difficult to be onsite at client but not a client employee but that's how the RPO is successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the training and team building and stay open to alternative ideas that may fill your roles. Sometimes a great fit for the team or client is not the type you had in mind. Try more telecommuniting single moms or senior folks that will trade the stress of their current job for your great work environment

Decent legal staffing through InsideEdge brand

Contract Attorney (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Allegis Group full-time for less than a year

Prosnice staff. were able to find me a job

Consseem more intent/able to find temp work than permanent/salaried with benefits work.

A Great Place to Work

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Allegis Group full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIf you are new to the employment world, Allegis Group is a great place to start your adventure. You will pick up basic skills that will help you throughout your professional career.

ConsYou can easily find yourself stagnant and not exploring great opportunities beyond the Allegis landscape. Before you know it, you are left behind in your career with no diverse experience except that which is offered via Allegis Group.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up your click. You are missing valuable talent by excluding new talent into the folds of management.

Unprofessional Management with no room to grow

Client Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Allegis Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPay was not bad and I enjoyed the people I directly interacted with as well as the client that I supported.

ConsManagement was unprofessional and lacked communication as well as people leader skills. Environment was very saturated with favoritism. Upper management was very shady and untruthful to their client. No feedback provided. No room for growth at all. If you voice your concerns you are looked at as a negative seed in the environment. There is no appreciation for loyalty, hard work, ethics, or attendance. Very high school tactics and can't trust anyone because of the time that upper management creates. No work life balance. Very snobby if you don't fit their cookie cutter mold of the type of individual they want working for their company. I also witnessed first hand the support of racial and discriminating activities.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't put people in people leader positions just because your pals with them or because they know someone in the organization. Provide more support for growth and those that are looking to expand skills as well as promotional opportunities. Also may want to conduct some feedback surveys for operations leaders for all levels of employees so you can get a more accurate gauge in how these individuals are viewed.

Allegis Group is a stable, professional corporate work environment with excellent benefits and advancement opportunities

Senior .NET Developer (Former Employee)
Hanover, MD

I worked at Allegis Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people, hands down - made some great friends while working here.

ConsThe IT infrastructure is such that it sometimes feels difficult to make progress. There are several levels of project review and approval and control is spread out amongst many groups. Sometimes it feels like meetings are your job rather than doing development.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire smarter people and return to smaller, autonomous teams. You will get far better results!

waste of a huge chunk of my life.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Allegis Group full-time

ProsBonuses and profit sharing awards were generous.

ConsVery stressful work environment. Favoritism is very rampant. Very few opportunities to advance ones career. Expected to make work number one priority in life. Even when there is a blizzard you are expected to either stay the night to work the next morning or risk your life driving in those conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone really. Managers were very poor at doing their jobs. Some of them should not have been managers in the first place.

Worst company I've ever worked for...

Recruiter (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Allegis Group full-time for more than a year

ProsNone at all unfortunately. Very poorly run company.

ConsPoor Leadership
Poor Communication
Poor Opportunity

Worked for Allegis Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allegis Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allegis Group CEO Michael (Mike) Salandra. All 51 reviews posted anonymously by Allegis Group employees.