Allegra Direct Communications

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Luisa De Lellis

Great place to learn how to be call center CSR but...

BCBSM (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsPaid training to be CSR for Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance. Valuable experience you can take with you.

ConsTraining pay currently $8. per hour. Get $1 raise when hire permanently. We make half of what a actual BCBSM CSR make. Very strict with attendance policy. Get points for absence even if sick with an excuse. They have no problem letting you know your purpose to answer phones and make money for Ceo. No retirement plan

Advice to Senior ManagementTake how to manage classes

Horrible

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsGreat customer service experience if you like helping others. You learn about medical insurance.

ConsLazy management, less pay for more work. Training does not last long so some important information is not covered until you start taking calls.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Horrible

Customer Service Representativeu (Current Employee) Rochester Hills, MI

Prosweekly check however still horrible

Conssystems don't work for nothing

Advice to Senior Managementpay raises

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a bad place to work

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsThere are a few good things about working here:
    Guaranteed hours
    Good Training
    Respectable job

ConsThings I don't like:
    Lazy management
    Anyone can be hired
    Low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who are professional.

Disloyal company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsThere is room for advancement and you get great call center experience. The hours are very flexible and reasonable. The Troy location is very convenient to anyone from the west or east side of metro Detroit

ConsThe pay is horrible for as much responsibility they want you to take on. The management is poor and they are not loyal to those employees that are actually there to work and make a difference with the company. They do not keep their word on the quarterly reviews you should have or the pay increase. The owner is not polite and she's there on daily basis just to look you in the face and not speak. They do not take care of there employees they rather you work until you blue in the face rather you sick pregnant or have a death in the family. The rules does not apply to those that are favorites and they still under pay you rather you've been there for a year to 3 years. They rather see you leave than pay you good money. They loose loyal people due to the owners greed!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe considerate, treat the employee with dignity and respect. And pay them what they deserve not what you think they deserve. If the client knew half as much went on with this company they would not do business with you.

Very stressful low paying poor management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsGood employees, nice customers, good hours.

Consowners and management, computer and phones need to be updated, poor training

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees as you want to be treated

Okay experience

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsSome of the most funniest, nicest, remember-able people you will ever work with

ConsFilthy bathrooms, some people were very low class / ghetto. Calls were in constant queue. supervisors dont want to supervisor or take calls when asked by members.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good job for gaining experience, no place to look for a career.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Clinton Township, MI

ProsIn depth training program, paid weekly, job security, opportunity to move to different departments for more experiences, overall comfortable working environment, opportunities for overtime (especially around holidays) established good relationships with other employees.

ConsVery underpaid (8.00 starting) lack of communication between upper management and owners, owner is very rude to upper management and more rude to employees, difficult to earn paid time off, lack of feedback from upper management on job performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees more and make them feel valued as they are there. Offer incentives for more PTO. Treat your employees with respect and try to establish relationships with them to create an easy to work in environment.

8.00 to start

Call Center Representative (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsThe trainer is great and the training process is 20 days

ConsThey tell you the training is 6 weeks

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more

Allegra Direct Communication is truly a joke of employment

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Rochester, MI

ProsI can not find no best reason to work for this company, it has been a total nightmare working with incompetent supervisor, team leaders, and the list goes on... They have the worst turnover for a business... Can not keep employees due to non-educated people they place over other employees who are not educated to know how to resolve conflicts, no communication skills among there supervisors or team leaders, lack of training skills. The people they put in charge of others only worked for the company 3yrs... I have seen many come & go in a blink of a eye... That alone speaks volumes.

ConsThis company is making a lot of money only starting their employees off at 8.00hr they will tell you in 90 days you will get a raise, after 3 months another raise. This is not true it depends if your liked or not by the supervisor... HR department are made up of family who do not have a clue what HR responsibilities are when it comes down to the employees... I have seen a lot witnessed much on the business aspects of this company... It's all about how much money this company can make then the employees who making all this happen... Oh the personal days they offer is just that personal days, if you bring a doctor excuse in it don't matter you will still be counted as absent for that day. Only one person at a time can take a personal day no matter what team your on in this company... This company is about making money & the employees well just do your job follow a handbook no one follows... This is a major joke!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a great company but penny pinching for more money in your packed shows lack of structure for this company... The people you place as supervisor or team leader have no communication training or people skills, conflict resolutions... To get this company off the ground requires people who are educated trained on how to deal with others & how to resolve conflicts within the company & employees... I have never seen such a mess of a company with many incompetent power hunger people who do not have a clue no educational background to deal with such pressure... Yet your company follows the HIPPA ACT, but employees do not follow the policy of how important it is to secure members personal information, I have seen & reported so many times how others use there cellphones on the floor taking pictures, swearing on the call center floor. As a CEO of this company you should be very much involved with your workers seeing what is going on then to set behind a desk waiting for information to come your way... Only then will you see how your company is truly ran... I attended college for 3yrs in management trust me all that I learned and seen within your company is a laughter to the industry world of business... Wake up Allegra Communication time has changed education has changed. To cheap to spend the money to get the right proper people to assist you in running this business... Lord welling I would like to see how this business doing in the next 10 to 15yrs... Spend the money send those supervisor to educate themselves how to be responsible over others, how to conduct themselves in a professional manner... Only then will the employees follow their lead... This company has much to learn... Glad I am no longer working here the stress was unbearable dealing with incompetent leaders of your company...

Worked for Allegra Direct Communications? Contribute to the Community!