Allen ISD

Lawrence Hindt

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I would go back.

Resource Assistant (Former Employee) Allen, TX

ProsI worked at an elementary school that was very close knit! I enjoyed everyone I worked with. This isn't always true with middle and high school campuses.

ConsI worked as an aide, so is the trend that the pay is not the best. Not enough for an individual to make it. Good for a 2 income household.

Teachers Aide

Aide (Former Employee) Allen, TX

ProsQuick over the phone interview. Apply online before. Everything is electronic as far as applying online.

ConsNot salary specific until hired. Job decription not clear. Principals have the final say on hirings and not much is decided by admin.

Fine Arts Department is toxic!

Secretary (Former Employee) Allen, TX

ProsThe directors I worked with thought of the students first and not being #1. The students were awesome. Always busy. Every day was a new day. Learned to

ConsThe district Is no longer about the students. It has become about making money and portraying the district to look perfect with no downfalls. Only One Crises Counselor for the approximate 6,000 high school students. Not professional. Very political. Hiring practices (friends & family plan) do not follow district guidelines. Good 'ol boy system still in place!

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds changes to take place and put making money and egos aside. Education should be about the students!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience

Bus Driver (Former Employee) Allen, TX

ProsSame days off the kids have off from school. You can work field trips to get more hours if you want. Supervisors are great.

ConsFor most bus drivers it is only part-time hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does a fine job.

Worked for Allen ISD? Contribute to the Community!