Allen Systems Group

Allen Systems Group Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2014

Allen Systems Group President and CEO Art Allen

Art Allen

Pros:
  • "ASG really is a low pressure place where you can have a decent work-life balance"
    in 6 reviews
  • "very good people that touch the customers"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "20% pay cut has been in effect for years"
    in 11 reviews
  • "The 4 day work week is okay but the work needing to be done is still a 5 day or more load"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

ASG is what you make it

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsTrust in Sales force, flexibility in making a deal work for a given company. There is no micro-managment of sales people. You get to run your territory like your own "business". Large customer base makes getting appointments for sales calls pretty painless. A large number of mature enterprise products and the ability to be the "low cost" alternative to CA, IBM, BMC can help ASG to win addtional business.

ConsIf you need a lot of coaching, and managment, this not the place for you. The debt issues is a concern, since this is a private company it is diffucult to determine why ASG debt has piled up. I suspect that executive pay has been out of line with performance of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of EAS group and have sales do the job.

Do your LIFE a favor and DONT WORK HERE!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Herndon, VA

ProsThe only thing good about ASG are some of the employees who have stayed on board and are very nice people. Aside from that there's really nothing positive about this company. No benefits to mention (no 401k match, tuition reimbursement). Interested in a raise for doing a good job or even to go with the increase in cost of living? Forget it!

ConsNo benefits, no raises, no leadership, no strategy, so much turnover of staff.

This company could care less about its employees. ASG's credit was recently downgraded and it won't be long before the board takes over or ASG is sold off.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think things are too bad to even change anything to make things better. The morale is shot and people are just holding on at this point. Management needs to reorganize, strategize and start from the bottom up.

This is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for

ProsNothing! Culture is terrible.

ConsThe financial condition of this company is deteriorating very rapidly. Recently downgraded to a "D" rating by a prestigious financial institution, makes it very difficult for companies to consider purchasing technology from this company. Development of products is very slow, sales cycles are very long, and Marketing is non-existant.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company and put employees out of their misery!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you're smart, you will steer clear of this wretched company

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsNone. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Niente. Well, maybe one or two. The bozo boss evidently had his plane taken away. And his company has evidently been downgraded again. Hey, I guess every cloud does have a silver lining.

ConsGod, where to start. A greedy, self-serving, megalomaniacal, overbearing, uncaring, non-visionary, viscious, pompous, obnoxious owner who rose from the pits of hell and decided he could run a softwarehouse. I will give him this though. He did me a huge favor by laying me off in 2009 so that I could get on with my life and
    land a good job; one that actually pays me a full salary for 40 hours of work. From what I am reading, his furlough 32 hour work week is still in effect over 5 years later. Wow Art. What a sweet deal you offer to entice people to apply for a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementHari Kari? Hemlock? Slit your wrists?

Only interested in maintenance clients. There's little to no innovation

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe software product acquired through a series of acquisitions is quite good.
    There are some great people that work here.

ConsNo development. Good software has atrophied and fallen way behind client expectations.
    Arrogance and ego among senior staff are difficult to deal with.

Advice to Senior ManagementReorganize. Salary seems to have some arbitrary guidelines that don't help retain the talented staff inherited from acquisitions.

I feel for the employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo clue how it lasted this long

ConsPoor management at the very top.

Not a Healthy Place

FAE (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThere are no pro's to this place, especially the way they keep burning and churning reps and executive management

Consthey were recently downgraded again. The RVP in the NE doesn't add any value to the reps or the customers.

Advice to Senior Managementsell, sell, sell all of it

Very profound growth trajectory plan. Clarity and optimism abound. We are on our way up!

Naples, FL

ProsThis is a new, energized ASG. Refined vision, adaptable and primed to reach the next plateau of revenue and growth. Leadership is committed to the success of everyone here.

ConsAs with anything that is changing, some are not comfortable with that. That can create issues. Defining why we are doing what we are, can entice many to embrace the new, ASG.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush ahead with your plans and let's reach towards the stars. Focus on company values, publicize your plans with your team members.

Soul Deadening

Field Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsLarge, captive customer base. The product are such that, once installed, they are difficult to replace with competitive products, no matter how superior the competitive products are

ConsAbusive micromanagement. Activity (no matter how useless and counterproductive) valued over performance. Unattainable sales quotas, as evidenced by less than 10% of the 100+ person sales force making quota. Substandard salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell out to a real technology company who would invest in upgrading products that are stuck in the '90's. Treat customers as assets to be supported, rather than simply sources of maintenance revenue to be milked.

Making Key Changes Quickly

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsAll the reviews are correct in their own way. ASG employees have had to weather tough times. But with the advent of the new Board, it appears that some rational thought is going towards quickly restructuring the company to become more competitive and a better place to work. That doesn't help staff that were let go after they gave heart and soul but they also removed some people who were poison to the process.

ConsFully agree that there have been and still are problems but, for now, I', getting behind the changes because they seem to make sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe new guys seem to know what they are doing. Let them do it.

Worked for Allen Systems Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allen Systems Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allen Systems Group CEO Art Allen. All 141 reviews posted anonymously by Allen Systems Group employees.