Alliance Beverage Reviews

Reset
2.7
CEO

1. Sales Rep

Pros

Good management and training program

Cons

Driving and small car allowance

2. Keep your mouth closed and Don't ask any questions

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Alliance Beverage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

After working in this business for more than ten years the only good part is weekends off.

Cons

This company has some good educational classes w.s.s.m is one. But I am so overloaded with work I am not allowed to take any classes after the initial one. I have asked for the opportunity and have been told " I guess it's just not in the cards" Incentive program a joke, in the past working for other divisions I earned thousands now I am lucky to earn tens. I have been told more than a few times in different words to find another job or maybe it's time for a career change, I have been doing this for years for what then??? under constant threat of job loss, creepy absentee boss (unless he is following you or parked outside your house)

Advice to Management

Management doesn't care, the district manager in southern Arizona spends more time with the main competitions boss across town than with his own employees! When at state meetings we are told not to ask any questions, not to say anything and if we do our boss gives us very dirty looks! Please lift this ton of bricks from the back of your sales force in Tucson, Get Rid of the Dinosaur Running or Not Running your southern Az district!

3. Great place to work...

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Alliance Beverage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for alliance for 12 years

Cons

Too much beer and not enough help

No longer the great company it once was....

Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Alliance Beverage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good portfolio of beer, wine, and spirit brands to sell customers. Decent benefits - 401K, health, vacation Monday-Friday work week for the most part

Cons

The unreasonable demands from corporate office and senior management Recent trend of top management getting a more perks while everyone else is losing them . The good old boy method used to determine job positions, salaries, and promotion paths. The massive amount of valuable people that have left the company in the past 2-3 years. Some by choice some were forced out. This has hurt the company and diluted the strength of the employee base . The majority of people who left were the quality employees not the poor performers.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth and stop being so greedy. Find a way to rebuild what has been lost. The cutting of jobs and benefits may seem like the answer but success comes from people who are given the opportunity to succeed. If you are cutting back all the time it' is almost impossible to grow.

Changing the culture

I worked at Alliance Beverage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and fun job in the beverage industry. Samples of spirits, beer and wine. You are on the street as your own boss chasing goals and numbers. The last President did a phenomenal job in building the company to where it is today.

Cons

Changing their culture from more of a family/employee feel and trying to be more corporate. They are changing the company like its a sports team that wasn't winning when it was. Hiring younger, less educated people as the territories are getting bigger with less income due to expanding divisions. They can't get top talent as the pay is to low for reps. Also, all new management from the President down to line level. Each division does their own thing and the fighting for sales and placements against each other and cannibalization is out of control.

Advice to Management

Don't change the culture of what made the company what it is. The President needs to get involved and see what his managers at all levels are doing down to the street level.

Alliance has treated me well

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Alliance Beverage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The schedule is good. They were willing to move me when I wasnt being challenged.

Cons

Base pay is crap...Incentives or bonuses are confusing and often standards are hard to obtain.

Great job in the past...corporate attitude has smothered the culture there.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Alliance Beverage full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, 401k, and Mon-Fri gig.

Cons

Reorganization has changed the company greatly this past 6 months. Lot of driving own car. Nepotism abounds. Former employees still there seem very dissatisfied. Was much more fun prior to 2012.

Advice to Management

Remember the people below you that really make things happen and treat them fairly and with respect.

It’s a job

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Alliance Beverage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

miss traffic both to and from work. deal with great brands health benefits are wonderful It’s an okay job for the current market and provides a steady paycheck.

Cons

incredibly hard to get in or advance if you don’t have friends in high places deal with a lot of disgruntled people in grocery store chains that hate their lives no matter what you do constantly hounded by unhappy customers/management/upper management/ suppliers. Unreasonable expectations.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with how the industry is changing. Become more hands on. I’m sure each manager and upper manager will realize this isn’t the same sales job as it once was 4 years ago. Grocery stores are a lot more finachy about having displays up then they used to be. Make goals a little more realistic.

10. Not what you think.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Alliance Beverage full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

At one time the pros out numbered the cons,but at this point the only thing i can come up with is weekends off.

Cons

My division goes out of the way to make you feel like you don't do a good job.They find ways not to pay you for the work you do on incentives. The District manager wil tell you "I have to do whats good for the company" I thought I was the company? The goals are pie in the sky numbers and an excuse to not give you a pay increase. Drive your car into the ground... VERY Negative District manager in Tucson...

Advice to Management

please help with the cost of living.

11. Alliance Beverage is a professional, team orientated, rewarding place to work.

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Alliance Beverage is a very professional and team oriented company. I found the management team extremely willing to train, cross train etc and to promote when performance warranted it. The team was always the most important which led to a very good working environment as well as a creative give and take atmosphere that was key to success and growth. The performance feedback and review process was extremely in depth. This led to useful and rewarding reviews and training programs that allowed the staff to address issues that were not up to standard and allowed management to build the correct training programs and tools to assist staff in the field .

Cons

Communication between divisions of the company could get political and red tape due to the state and federal laws could get confusing.

Advice to Management

Great place to work but keep the communication flowing to keep workers on board.

RSS Feed </> Embed