Alliance Beverage

Alliance Beverage Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

It’s a job

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alliance Beverage full-time for more than 3 years

Prosmiss traffic both to and from work.
deal with great brands
health benefits are wonderful
It’s an okay job for the current market and provides a steady paycheck.

Consincredibly hard to get in or advance if you don’t have friends in high places
deal with a lot of disgruntled people in grocery store chains that hate their lives
no matter what you do constantly hounded by unhappy customers/management/upper management/ suppliers.
Unreasonable expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet in touch with how the industry is changing. Become more hands on. I’m sure each manager and upper manager will realize this isn’t the same sales job as it once was 4 years ago. Grocery stores are a lot more finachy about having displays up then they used to be. Make goals a little more realistic.

Overall it is a great place to work. All kinds of events, good customers, and fun products to sell.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alliance Beverage full-time for more than 10 years

ProsHuge portfolio of top notch products to sell. Professional workplace that you can be proud to work at. Good benefits and perks along with competitive pay. Most managers are decent people who want to help you succeed in your job. You also get training and proper tools to do your job.

ConsThe corporate offices have way too many initiatives that get passed down to us that really don't help us to be a better business. The most recent example is the way corporate handled the switch to the SAP computer system. They did not appear to care about any idea anyone else had on how things could be best implemented. It was a cookie cutter approach that has made it more difficult for the people who actually work at Alliance, at almost every level. SAP is also causing huge customer friction because of the large number of failures and mistakes we have had with orders and deliveries.
There is also a significant amount of nepotism and favoritism of people who have friends in management. I have seen on several occasions people get promotions who were not the best candidate for the job but had a relationship with senior managers in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the SAP related issues fixed quickly! They are serious problems causing customers to not trust us. Also don't say it's going great when things are failing. Be honest and fair.

Not what you think.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Alliance Beverage full-time for more than 8 years

ProsAt one time the pros out numbered the cons,but at this point the only thing i can come up with is weekends off.

ConsMy division goes out of the way to make you feel like you don't do a good job.They find ways not to pay you for the work you do on incentives.

The District manager wil tell you "I have to do whats good for the company" I thought I was the company?

The goals are pie in the sky numbers and an excuse to not give you a pay increase.

Drive your car into the ground...

VERY Negative District manager in Tucson...

Advice to Senior Managementplease help with the cost of living.

Alliance Beverage is a professional, team orientated, rewarding place to work.

Director of Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Alliance Beverage

ProsAlliance Beverage is a very professional and team oriented company. I found the management team extremely willing to train, cross train etc and to promote when performance warranted it. The team was always the most important which led to a very good working environment as well as a creative give and take atmosphere that was key to success and growth. The performance feedback and review process was extremely in depth. This led to useful and rewarding reviews and training programs that allowed the staff to address issues that were not up to standard and allowed management to build the correct training programs and tools to assist staff in the field .

ConsCommunication between divisions of the company could get political and red tape due to the state and federal laws could get confusing.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat place to work but keep the communication flowing to keep workers on board.

Alliance is not what they claim to be !

Previous Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Alliance Beverage

ProsYou will gain excellent sales training which can be utilized in any sales industry. Although you are busy in the AM, you have plenty of free time in the PM.

ConsManagement continuously threatens your job security. Extremely Stressful ! Management has no respect for their employees or their family. Tthey will say that there wages are "competitive" but the fact is that they are simply unreasonable. Wear & tear on your own vehicle with no compensation. Virtually 6 day work week. Upper Management predeterminds who will be promoted without regard to work performance. Very big on nepatism - numerous manager have jobs created for them based on whether or not they have family that works there. Company is a large rumor mill and HR is not discreet about personal matters.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about the old saying "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" - The employees will work harder for you if you show you care about them rather than continuously talking down to them.

Come Join Us Now!

I have been working at Alliance Beverage

ProsLocation is close to downtown, compensation for management is withing industry standards, co-workers all get alone and work in a team enviroment, clean atmosphere where you have your own office, new furniture and flooring, free products, front lobby feels like a lobby, employee breakroom has a kitchen and TV for true breaks. Benefits are great and are standard and there is a great PTO plan

ConsTo many resources are allocated to company overhead which can lead to employees not having enough work to do therefore there is the risk that positions can be consolidated to where someone will be let go. Not enought parking for employees.

Advice to Senior Managementnothing, communication is great!

My years had ups and downs.

I have been working at Alliance Beverage

ProsThe company did care about their employees..

ConsThe pay sturcture. Also they need to give the sales reps computers to be competitive in the field.

Worked for Alliance Beverage? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alliance Beverage reviews and ratings. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Alliance Beverage employees.