Alliance Boots

Add Photos

Stefano Pessina

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Electrical sales assistant

Electrical Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) Nottingham, England (UK)

ProsGood company, great discount. Good working environment

ConsNot flexible enough for transfer

Satisfying

Finance Analyst (Current Employee) Nottingham, England (UK)

Prosgrowing to become a true global leader in its market and is likely to have found some stability with its new merger

Consslightly informal culture which can be off-putting should you be that way inclined. need to give specific days off for revision

Friendly co-workers and pleasant place to work but upper management rife with bullies and old boys clubs.

Anonymous (Head Office) (Former Employee) Nottingham, England (UK)

ProsStaff discount
    Flexible start & finish times
    Friendly coworkers
    Good amenities on head office site

ConsPoor upper management (not helped that they are over-worked)
    Not a meritocracy - performance is rated by force fit distribution and has more to do with who your friends are than how well you can perform your role
    'Old boys' culture in upper management
    You have to pay to park at work if you drive in (head office roles)
    Poor benefits package compared to other employers (i.e. they offer nothing above legal minimum entitlements fpr holidays, sick pay etc)

Advice to Senior ManagementDitch the old boys clubs, respect your staff and the contributions they make at all levels and recruit/promote based on merit, capability and performance. And seriously reconsider your force fit approach to performance management - it is a system wide open to abuse.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoyed my experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Nottingham, England (UK)

ProsThe people there are great. The team around you is always willing to help. The work was very challenging but to see it results play out in the open market was very satisfying to see.

ConsPay was lower than I would have liked.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay packages need to be higher to retain good people. Too often people would leave for better pay doing the same work for another company.

Loyalty is key

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Nottingham, England (UK)

ProsBenefits are some of the best I've been offered when looking at similar jobs (holidays, pension and company discount). Huge opportunity to move within the company quickly to so many different types of roles.

ConsIf you don't 'fit in', have a Boots look about you, it maybe harder to get to different jobs and places.

Advice to Senior ManagementInternal usage needs to be looked at more and more training given to promote those we already have to higher levels and use from outside the company for lower levels.

Worked for Alliance Boots? Contribute to the Community!