Alliance Data

Alliance Data Reviews in Columbus, OH

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Alliance Data President & CEO Ed Heffernan

Ed Heffernan

Pros
  • The company offers great pay and benefits, and overall I feel the work life balance was okay (in 14 reviews)

• The work environment is pleasant and the company invests in educating associates on corporate values and strategy (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Unreasonable work load, poor work/life balance, heavy favoritism by all of management (in 5 reviews)

• Difficult to move up in the company from the call center even with a college degree (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights
36 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Love the company, not the job.

Collector (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

Pros- great company
    - room for growth
    - great starting pay ($12 an hour)
    - incentive is wonderful (extra money on your end of the month paycheck)
    - they help you make a game plan of where you want to be in the company and what it takes to get there.
    - when I when on leave from work suddenly they were so understand and willing to help so I wouldn't be fired.

Cons- split shifts ( 8 am to 1) then (5 pm to 10)
    - very fast past
    - you are a credit card collector so everyone on the phone isn't the sweetest
    - If you don't rank you will eventually get fired, but there is help for those struggling
    - I personally hated being a collector, but for some it can be a great thing.
    - sometimes between the younger employees it was like high school drama. Most of them were fresh out of high school.

Advice to Senior ManagementI worked at the east broad location in columbus ohio, my manger was wonderful sweet, kind and understanding. I guess I got lucky some mangers weren't.

Working at Alliance Data

Senior Credit Risk Analyst (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsGood overall work-life balance, easy visibility to senior management, ability to shift departments, benefits of being in a growing company, with a great health benefits plan and 401k matching plan

ConsWorking here can sometimes become very slow, stagnant and frustrating. Not a very diverse company to work for.

The experience was a great learning experience.

LDP (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsThe company is really laid back, is all about their employees and also has a great focus on customer satisfaction.

ConsThey are not open to outside suggestions from new employees. I was in their leadership program and 2 weeks from completing the program. I was let go because I was not a match for their culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should be more welcoming to the outside candidates in their LDP as these are the future leaders of the company. They are the ones that are managing your front lines. Work closer with the candidates of the program to ensure they are getting what the program is about. Their is so much flexibility that as a former candidate I was not sure whether I was or not meeting the expectations.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Review of Alliance Data

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsCompany is good at making money

ConsCompany still has immature processes. Reviews tend to be too subjective based on arbitrary information. If you aren't in the right click, you will not advance or receive favorable reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the blinders off and understand the true dynamics of your group.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Favoritism is the name of the game. Bullying and split personality management styles.

Seriously? Tell You That? (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsThere are some nice people there as everywhere.

ConsPeople get entrenched and setup shop and wreck havoc on all the minions. I read on someone else's review that management lies. They do. Right to your face about anything they want. Hypocritical in actions. People are in high positions with no college degree's. Promotions are 100% subjective based on (like I saw someone else write on this company) how well you can lick management.

Advice to Senior ManagementUntil you put together a survey that is retaliatory proof, you will never know the who's and why of the problems you are having.

Too much Hyper-growth, they use contractors, lie to them, and let them go

IT Contractor (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

Proslaid back, flexible time, it was close to where i lived

ConsManagement lies to you- no one want to take responsibility, and when I was hired- they didn't have a position for me, they just "knew" they needed me- then after 6mo, they let me go-

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more organize, and don't lie to people saying you will be hired in 6mo full time, lead them on a journey with broken promises and at the end you let them go, after you use people.

My experience at Alliance Data

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsThey offer great benefits and they make you feel like they care for you. In terms of compensation, they give very similar to the industry standards but their bonus structure is pretty amazing. Great work/life balance.

ConsThere is a lot of bureaucracy in the company, and it seems like licking senior management is valued more than actual knowledge and skillset

Very positive work environment. Pays well compared to similar companies

Autodial Collector (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsThe people that work there are exceptional and make working there a lot more enjoyable.

ConsPolicies are constantly changing which can be frustrating.

Company culture is words and actions that are in sync.

IT Manager (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsAlliance Data invests in its employees unlike any other company I have ever worked for. They are a generous company.

ConsHyper-growth can be challenging at times. Ramping up can be challenging given how fast things are changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on the employees and their well being and the rest will take care of itself.

Ok

Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsFlexible schedule for students open till 9 pm. Business casual dress code free parking good bonus and benefits

ConsNot easy to transfer departments. I don't have much negative to say really! A good company to grow with when focused.

Worked for Alliance Data? Contribute to the Community!