Alliance Data Reviews

162 reviews filtered by
3.3
Alliance Data President & CEO Ed Heffernan
Ed Heffernan

Pros
  • Upper management really promoted community and work/life balance (in 17 reviews)

• Good benefits, including very nice on site fitness center (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Unreasonable work load, poor work/life balance, heavy favoritism by all of management (in 7 reviews)

• Difficult to move up in the company from the call center even with a college degree (in 5 reviews)

1. Customer Care Associate

Former Employee - Call Center Associate in Estero, FL
    Former Employee - Call Center Associate in Estero, FL

I worked at Alliance Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company! They switched me to Work@Home. Excellent benefits.

Cons

I just don't see any cons with Alliance Data.

Advice to Management

i have no advice for them.

2. Marketing

I have been working at Alliance Data

Pros

Great company that fosters professional growth and development. They have a great culture and everyone is so friendly and willing to help. From day one you feel a part of the team

Cons

No Cons, at most a bad parking spot because you came in a little late.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent

3. IT runs like a small company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Alliance Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Familial atmosphere
    Promotes work-life balance
    Great benefits

Cons

Culture of veteran employees vs.new employees
    Managers with seniority but no leadership skills
    Tribal knowledge
    No commitment to improve business processes
    Black employees are unequally scrutinized
    Missing basic tools like laptops, second monitors, projectors
    Work-from-home policy favors employees with children

Advice to Management

If you want to retain your new talent and continue to grow as a company, you must reassess your current middle-management structure and talent with respect to seniority, invest in business process improvement, and become more realistic about IT demand vs. delivery. Otherwise, clients will request capabilities IT will simply not be able to deliver.

5. Great internship experience that gave me a lot of good growth opportunities

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Columbus, OH
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Columbus, OH

I worked at Alliance Data as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, great benefits for associates, much room for advancement, growing company with really promising future

Cons

can't think of much. was really satisfied during my short time with the company and only left due to end of internship.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job serving your associates. Keeping an ideal leadership culture is so important to them and you can definitely tell.

6. customer care rep

Current Employee - Customer Care in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Alliance Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great pay, overtime available, room for advancement if you are willing to work a little bit for it

Cons

aggressive in sales, too many politics,stressful,working on weekends

Advice to Management

treat employees on the phones like they are a value to the company

7. Field Team Leader

I worked at Alliance Data full-time

Pros

People are great, awesome work-life balance, room to move around the company, fosters internal growth

Cons

Lacking professionalism and communication

Proceed with caution

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Alliance Data full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- The company growth is tremendous and the resulting bonuses were generous the past few years
    - CEO is highly personable and makes himself very visible to associates at offices across the U.S. through frequent "road show" meetings
    - Ability to buy company stock at a discount is a nice benefit. The stock has appreciated immensely, and if it continues to do so you can profit pretty well.

Cons

- Over the last seven years or so, the culture at my office evolved to a strange place where it felt like there were high school cliques being driven by senior leadership. I understand the need to dress professionally for work, however in certain roles if you weren't dressed up in the latest-greatest fashions and accessorized to the hilt you weren't considered 'Alliance Data branded' by management. This could contribute to your career going nowhere.
    - The work life balance was very poor over the majority of my nearly 15 year career. With company growth came the constant need to deliver work for new clients in very difficult time frames. Also, some large existing clients have demanding work cultures that in turn can drive a very demanding work culture at Allliance Data. If you happen to you service these particular client accounts, be prepared to work long hours. It's reasonable to expect that at times work will be busy and extra hours are needed, however, in my experience it was an almost constant expectation.
    - Mass company layoffs were handled with little sensitivity. My co-workers received no individual advance notification that their jobs were being eliminated in a re-organization. Impacted associates learned they were being laid off on day of termination. It was very disconcerting to watch co-workers toiling away at their desks one moment and then literally escorted out of the building the next because they had just learned their jobs were eliminated. I understand that jobs sometimes need to be eliminated in the corporate world, but there are much better ways to execute layoffs. This event said a lot to me about the leadership culture.

Until site leadership is replaced, no outside the box thinking or change will happen

Current Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Alliance Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary, pays well above average in the industry

Cons

The systems and practices are well behind the times. Very little to no system integration, follow up or forward thinking. The middle management is treated like front line employees with a very strong 'Do what I say, not what I do'. They do not develop middle management unless you are a favorite by upper management. Questioning or suggestions to anything other than what is being handed down will result in segregation and not being on the "favorite" list.

10. Great place to work.

I have been working at Alliance Data full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome incentives, and pretty easy to hit as well. Everyone is very friendly, and anyone is willing to help if you have questions. Time off is good. 2 weeks off every 6 months, but that means no sick days. Pretty easy to take 3 hours off a week if you need and then make up within that week as well.

Cons

Training is lacking for new hires. Not enough information is given for new hires. You have to rank really well to get a new schedule, and to request time off. You are sitting there for 8 hours so bring something to do when you get slow.

Advice to Management

Work on training new hires more on the phones, and make sure that what is being trained will flow easy to the floor.

11. One of the best I've worked for

I have been working at Alliance Data full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been here for about 5 months now. And i can onestly say out of the 17 jobs I've had, this takes th cake.
    Peaple, competitive pay (its not crazy but its more than the same position in other companies), flexability, enviroment, and the resources they offer.

Cons

Lots of time on your bejind can take a toll on you. But they do offer free worktime yoga.