Alliance Data

Alliance Data Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Alliance Data President & CEO Ed Heffernan

Ed Heffernan

Pros
  • The company offers great pay and benefits, and overall I feel the work life balance was okay (in 14 reviews)

• The work environment is pleasant and the company invests in educating associates on corporate values and strategy (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Unreasonable work load, poor work/life balance, heavy favoritism by all of management (in 5 reviews)

• Difficult to move up in the company from the call center even with a college degree (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work!

Collector (Former Employee) Whitehall, OH

ProsLots of money to be made in collections

ConsOver time is expected there

I loved it

Debt Manager (Former Employee) Westminster, CO

ProsIt's a great job with wonderful people to work with everyone is so awesome

ConsThere was nothing bad to say about this company

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Best company I've worked for.

Safety Services Officer (Current Employee) Westerville, OH

ProsUpper management seems to understand their roles in the company very well and are able to accomplish tasks very well together.

ConsThe turnover rate is rather high for all of the associates on the phone.
    We tend to be short staffed at times which cause over time to happen which can be nice and annoying at the same time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company culture is words and actions that are in sync.

IT Manager (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsAlliance Data invests in its employees unlike any other company I have ever worked for. They are a generous company.

ConsHyper-growth can be challenging at times. Ramping up can be challenging given how fast things are changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on the employees and their well being and the rest will take care of itself.

Fulfilling.

Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) Lenexa, KS

Prospay rate, friendly environment, great training,

Consslow season, sitting for lengthy periods of time

Great company to work for.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsLocation is In Columbus Ohio.

ConsOffers advancement and works with employees

Advice to Senior ManagementTo continue futher with improvement for employees.

Great Place To Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsThey treat employees like gold
    Fun, innovative, creative
    Growing business with lots of opportunity to grow
    Career Development

ConsGrowing so fast they are running out of space.
    Every one works in a cubicle.

Best Place to Work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsCulture is amazing. Everyone is set up for success.
    Excellent development opportunities and career development program
    Great work life balance
    Creative, innovative and gives you freedom to excel

ConsRapid growth - constant change.

Alliance deeply cares about their employees

Customer Care (On the Phones) (Current Employee) Westerville, OH

Pros5 in 5! Know more, sell more, care more! Benefits, salary, incentives (bonuses and gifts), supervisors/ management, and the ability to move up quick if you work hard. Work/Life balance is encouraged.

ConsWork/ Life balance is hard to do if you work 12:30 - 9pm (what everyone starts out at in customer care) because it seems like your whole day is at work. Long days if you are on the phones. Can be difficult if you are a people pleaser and "take on other people's problems" Not everyone that calls will be happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. Great company. Getting penalized for calls going over on breaks or lunch (out of adherence) is sort of unfair but is in place because of the large amount of employees on the phones at one time.

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsWork with great people from all over the world. Company management second to none. Company not only makes it great place for it's employees, it also reaches out to the community with many charity causes. Employees are encouraged to participate in these causes.

ConsI really cannot think of any cons to Alliance Data as I came from a totally different environment and really appreciate Alliance Data.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and I know your employees support you in every way

Worked for Alliance Data? Contribute to the Community!