Alliance Data Reviews

Reset
3.2
Alliance Data President & CEO Ed Heffernan
Ed Heffernan

Pros
  • Most jobs give you the resources to perform your job to the best of your abilities and demonstrate willingness to promote a positive work-life balance (in 17 reviews)

• Good benefits, including very nice on site fitness center (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not very good for various departments/groups (in 7 reviews)

• They appear to be working on fixing the problems as quickly as possible and the whole issue feels like the company is new to the call center business (in 5 reviews)

Great place to work

I have been working at Alliance Data full-time

Pros

Exceptional vision and growth potential. Very kind to employees and giving to the community. The people are all very friendly.

Cons

Nothing but good things to say about the company, the environment and the people. It's a great place to be!

2. Analyst

I have been working at Alliance Data

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities to grow within.

Cons

Lots of politics going on within the company, and managers are not willing to reach out and help.

Advice to Management

Better pay and better training.

3. Unable to advance

Former Employee - Coordinator in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I worked at Alliance Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Two pros are co-workers and wellness reimbursement. Other advantages are on- parking and close access to Easton for lunch .

Cons

Under paid, was told they couldn't promote me, terrible leadership, unable to post out of department, direct supervisor was lazy and pushed all her work on me.

Advice to Management

Put people in leadership positions that know how to manage. Don't promote a culture of growing and promoting from within when you do not practice it. People who work hard get overlooked and not rewarded.

5. I began working here last year.

I have been working at Alliance Data

Pros

The pay is great. Some managers are much better than others when it comes to flexibility.

Cons

If you end up working for the wrong manager, this place can be a prison. There are some employees who do cheat and steal accounts, along with the resulting credit for payments. In a competitive atmosphere, this results in a lot of suspicion and little comradeship between coworkers. If you are new and do well, your life can become miserable because you can both be micromanaged by your supervisor (mine is okay) and coworkers who want to act like your supervisor. The work place can be nonproductive because of the high school atmosphere.

6. customer service

I worked at Alliance Data

Pros

Benefits,pay,employees,community involvement, training program

Cons

Schedule, manager, sales, career growth, calls

Advice to Management

Treat workers like adults and get rid of sales.

Great company

I have been working at Alliance Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, awesome culture, unique environment, great opportunities if you have good management, work life balance is a way of life not just words on a paper

Cons

Framework is still being established due to hyper growth. Lots of change and doing work that is a waste of time because something changes the next day.

customer care specialist

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Alliance Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

customer satisfaction number one goal

Cons

seniority not acknowledged and selling of products

Hard to advance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Alliance Data

Pros

Met some great people and 401k

Cons

Inexperienced people in management positions, department told me they couldn't promote me, was unsuccessful in getting a position in a different department even though I spent 10 months networking with the department and following their advice, was underpaid for the level of work I was doing, had a terrible lazy manager that dumped her workload on me.

Advice to Management

Don't preach a rah rah culture of promoting within when you don't actually practice it. Don't put such inexperienced people in management positions. Appreciate good workers who are serious about their careers.

customer care

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rio Rancho, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rio Rancho, NM

I worked at Alliance Data

Pros

Co workers arre nice when you get to see them.

Cons

Hours are horrible. Misrepresented bonus structure. As soon as I finished training they changed the bonuses based on teams and not individual basis. So even if your numbers were good if your team sucked you didnt get a bonus. A friend of mine always got an $800 bonus a month. After the change she recieved only $200.

Advice to Management

Dont be so strict on exact in and outs for breaks and lunches. If you are on a call 3 minutes after lunch is scheduled dont count that against someone. Most people go into after call for that reason.

Great organization w/ a few bad habits

Former Employee - Sales Support Coordinator in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Support Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I worked at Alliance Data full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked at Alliance Data for over 8 years. I started in the call center in college and moved to the Retail HQ where I worked for a few years. The company has a ton of great people and they have a great road map for the future of the organization. The culture as a whole is top notch and a vast majority of the associates are good at their jobs and an absolute pleasure to work with. They invest in their employees and as a whole want to see them do well.

Cons

The biggest negative I encountered at Alliance was that quality of work often took a backseat. They catered to and promoted those people who were always happy and upbeat, even when they weren't typically very good at their jobs. Meanwhile, those who preferred to come in and focus on doing good quality work were frequently held back from moving up in the organization. I had the misfortune of working for a manager who was particularly incompetent and frequently passed the buck down to those underneath him. More than once I was prevented for applying for positions internally that fit my skill set and experience simply because my manager did not want me to.

Advice to Management

Realize that associates aren't all cut from the same mold. They have different personalities and styles--that doesn't make one better than the other.

RSS Feed </> Embed