Alliance Global Services

Add Photos

John Castleman

Great Place to work

Lead Quality Assurance Automation Tester (Former Employee) Conshohocken, PA

ProsGreat Company Culture. Very Diverse.
    Great Compensation
    Good people and work environment

ConsUpper level management could be more proactive at obtaining requirements from clients to help QA be more efficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper level management could be more proactive at obtaining requirements from clients to help QA be more efficient.

Work is good but pay is bad

Project Manager (Current Employee) Short Hills, NJ

ProsSmall company, you have lot of learning and scope to grow.

ConsNo formal appraisal process that means no salary hikes.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt’s important that loyal, well performing to employees must be paid well. A good feedback should be associated with a hike or a bonus. Also company immigration policies are very stringent which makes it very hard for employees to get a green card. It needs to be reviewed by learning the standards used by other IT companies.

A great company to work for

ProsAlliance has a very welcoming and team oriented culture. Very helpful training/education on my job requirements. Alliance is goal and future focused team with an overall positive attitude and has a truly enjoyable work environment for us employees.

Consno extraordinary cons for Alliance, it is a genuinely good place to work and I'm glad to be building my career here.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Really like Alliance

Architect (Current Employee) Conshohocken, PA

ProsI work with smart, talented people who drive for results. I don't have to travel much. My assignments are technically challenging and I enjoy the work environment.
    I get great support from the operations team and find the management team to be accessible whenever I need to speak to them. We are growing, but there still all the benefits of a smaller company

ConsWe need more communication across the organization. More managers from the US should visit the Hydereabad office and more of the managers from Hyderabad should visit the US. If we spent more time on both shores, collaboration would be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on company-wide communication. We don't hear enough about what is happening on other projects or when we close new business. I would like to know more.

Was not an organized company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers and HR were very friendly and easy to get along with. Good base salary and bonus incentive.

ConsI was not satisfied with my job or the management here. Project was not coordinated well and blame was passed on to a scapegoat. Work/Life balance was virtually non existent. Had to jump through hoops just to leave a few minutes early in order to attend to important matters.

Despicable management produces a has-been organization.

Architect (Former Employee) Conshohocken, PA

ProsReasonable work-life balance with ability to work remotely, etc. Compensation is fair, though bonuses are rarely, if ever, paid.

ConsFirst let me say that John Castleman is the most incompetent CEO of any I've met. They have missed so many opportunities in the technology sector that the capital company who owns Alliance should have replaced him years ago. There's been very little growth and a constant shift to off-shoring, which results in low quality work being delivered to clients. Delivery consistently misses targets and has very little interaction with rank and file workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiscard the stale management that is in place today.

Satisfied with the work culture

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsPersonal life and professionnal life balance

ConsHigher management needs to be improved

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management must encourage the starters

Never ever join this company

Consultant (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsI did find any thing great

ConsNever join in this company very worst company and work environment

CMM Level 5 guys think 1000 times before you join

Associate Architect (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Pros- Pay with out VP
    -If you are in office until 10-11PM ,then you will be recommended for B1 Visa considering you as outperformer (no output required, just you have to stay that's it) same mindset through out the company from mgr to AVP

Cons- Micro Management at his height, mgrs will check in/out timings and your tea breaks as well (especially mgrs having 5-8 yrs exp in Alliance itself, shows full bossism)
    - You will be assigned work at 6-7PM and will ask you to complete and then go
    -Managers don't know planning,everything adhoc,
    - Egos b/n onsite mgr and offshore mgrs
    -No Work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementHire mgrs from Level 5 comps

Dont ruin your career

Consultant (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Pros- No Variable pay apart from this no pros

Cons- Worst Management, they are not capable of managing projects
    -Too much Micro Management
    - No Processes
    - They will hire for one technology and places in another technology
    - Worst Managers I ever worked in my career
    - No work life balance
    - You should stay until 8 PM in off,even if you dont have work (one mgr restriction in Health care proj)

Advice to Senior ManagementPls monitor managers....they behave most unprofessional way

Worked for Alliance Global Services? Contribute to the Community!