Alliance Global Services

Updated February 26, 2015
Updated February 26, 2015
4.0

John Castleman

Pros
  • Good people and work environment (in 4 reviews)

• Aside form delivery excellence, customers appreciate our candor, directness and transparency which is in alignment with our company culture (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Little focus on work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• They have missed so many opportunities in the technology sector that the capital company who owns Alliance should have replaced him years ago (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Consulting Company

Former Employee - Engagement Manager
    Former Employee - Engagement Manager

I worked at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Team oriented but recognizes individual effort
    Great benefits
    Excellent leadership
    Real potential for advancement

Cons

You need to be very goal oriented and willing to go the extra mile
    Requires serious commitment to succeed

There is a lot of talk of company values, but a differing opinion is not tolerated

Former Employee - Senior Manager, Delivery
    Former Employee - Senior Manager, Delivery

I worked at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was once a great company to work for with a real focus on providing value to its customers and a commitment to its employees.

Cons

The CEO and his direct reports support their favorites regardless of output and spend a lot of time complaining about everyone else. It is not a company that values differing opinions as evidenced by the revolving door of senior management over the years. There was a time when working at Alliance meant working for top notch clients and on cutting edge technologies, but that has changed with the focus on testing and simple revenue growth.

Make people feel like they are relevant to the company and bring back some of the values that were once touted as the bedrock of the company.

Alliance Global Consulting

Former Contractor - Program Manager in Billerica, MA
    Former Contractor - Program Manager in Billerica, MA

I worked at Alliance Global Services as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company very focused on its consultants. I was a long term consultant to the firm, with about 6-7 years with them. They are great to work for, benefits are reasonable for a consulting firm, and they are quick to find new positions for program/project managers after a contract ends. Thoroughly enjoyed each of the senior managers that were my recruiters and account managers.

The firm is also very flexible and willing to listen with issues or concerns come up.

Cons

I would say their rates are a bit low for the skills they seek.

Building great partnerships with leading companies in their respective fields

Current Employee - Director of Business Development
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Dedicated and involved Senior Management
    Alliance takes a true partnership approach with our clients. The work product from our teams reflects the openness and collaborative approach we take.

Cons

If you don't want to be transparent to your management and clients this isn't the right place for you.

Great choice

Current Employee - Senior Director in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent place to be, high energy, great environment to learn and excel. I am extremely happy with my choice to come to Alliance Global Services, although I could have gone any where.

Cons

You will need to keep up or move along

Good Company to work with

I have been working at Alliance Global Services

Pros

I have been working here for almost an year and i am really liking it...work culture, environment and what else you want...its a growing organisation,

Cons

Not sure...i am too new to tell more about it, may be salary wise , bt its commom across industry

Nope...i love the idea they promoting young people and making balance by hiring als level of associates

Great company with excellent opportunities to grow

Current Employee - Vice President, Consulting Services in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Vice President, Consulting Services in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities to grow with an entrepreneurial attitude, really changed direction in the last 5 years and is focussed on developing some cutting edge technologies

Cons

Some long nights and weekends but really exciting work and lot of travel. However, given my personality I would probably be bored in a slow 9-5 company

Matching 401k please

Challenging projects, great opportunity to learn new skills and push yourself

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time

Pros

Very customer focused, everyone is expected to understand the value of the work you are doing. If you like learning new technologies and solving interesting problems Alliance is good. If you want to just follow a process and have a routine job it's not for you.

Cons

The challenging projects require attention to detail and high quality work from everyone. This means you sometimes have to stay late to fix issues in your code or if something doesn't work the way a customer expects.

Leverage more industry expertise to focus in a few verticals

Great company with bright future!

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Smart people working on complex technology/business problems. Great focus on customer satisfaction and partnerships. Tremendous growth in progress! Passionate, strong team both onshore and offshore.

Cons

Limited attention to training and not many opportunities to get to the 'home office'. Communication internally has been improving though and the vision of the leadership team is very clear.

Terrific, high growth organization!

Current Employee - Executive in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Executive in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

High customer satisfaction (Net Promoter) scores have enabled aggressive growth for Alliance. We have been able to leverage these high customer sat figures to build on success and grow our customer portfolio. Aside form delivery excellence, customers appreciate our candor, directness and transparency which is in alignment with our company culture. We have great leadership and direction going in to 2015.

Cons

Challenging work environment and high expectations do not allow for "clock-punching". Work-life balance is always a challenge but the alternative -- being part of a slow-growth, stagnant company -- carries a different set of worries as well.

We need more office space