Alliance Global Services

Updated November 26, 2014
Updated November 26, 2014
3.8

John Castleman

Building great partnerships with leading companies in their respective fields

Current Employee - Director of Business Development
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Dedicated and involved Senior Management
    Alliance takes a true partnership approach with our clients. The work product from our teams reflects the openness and collaborative approach we take.

Cons

If you don't want to be transparent to your management and clients this isn't the right place for you.

Great choice

Current Employee - Senior Director in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent place to be, high energy, great environment to learn and excel. I am extremely happy with my choice to come to Alliance Global Services, although I could have gone any where.

Cons

You will need to keep up or move along

Good Company to work with

I have been working at Alliance Global Services

Pros

I have been working here for almost an year and i am really liking it...work culture, environment and what else you want...its a growing organisation,

Cons

Not sure...i am too new to tell more about it, may be salary wise , bt its commom across industry

Nope...i love the idea they promoting young people and making balance by hiring als level of associates

A mixed bag! Some great people and a lot of talent, coupled by huge egos and Autocratic management.

I worked at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Intelligent team from leadership down, entire org was talented, capable and intelligent. All Ivy leaguers, well connected, strong VC support. Some unique IP in the life sciences area, and the rest was burgeoning practices that existed primarily as a function of 1 or 2 individuals who were SMEs in a particular domain. When I was there (keep in mind- 10 years ago) they were struggling to mirror the success they had found in the life sciences domain in other areas- offshore Dev, financial services- regulation and surveillance, manufacturing and distribution, etc

Cons

Autocratic Management- by definition. Almost everyone else on the leadership team was more concerned with managing up than managing and growing the customer relationships, employees and the business. It was almost unheard of to challenge the leadership team. Total boys club. A handful of truly great managers and leaders.

It has been a long time so I presume that any advice wouldn't be valid. It would have been- get out of your offices, go out to your customers, go on sales meetings, spend time with your employees and clients and listen to what is happening (good and bad) in your own company and in the market.

Great company with excellent opportunities to grow

Current Employee - Vice President, Consulting Services in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Vice President, Consulting Services in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities to grow with an entrepreneurial attitude, really changed direction in the last 5 years and is focussed on developing some cutting edge technologies

Cons

Some long nights and weekends but really exciting work and lot of travel. However, given my personality I would probably be bored in a slow 9-5 company

Matching 401k please

Challenging projects, great opportunity to learn new skills and push yourself

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time

Pros

Very customer focused, everyone is expected to understand the value of the work you are doing. If you like learning new technologies and solving interesting problems Alliance is good. If you want to just follow a process and have a routine job it's not for you.

Cons

The challenging projects require attention to detail and high quality work from everyone. This means you sometimes have to stay late to fix issues in your code or if something doesn't work the way a customer expects.

Leverage more industry expertise to focus in a few verticals

Great company with bright future!

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Smart people working on complex technology/business problems. Great focus on customer satisfaction and partnerships. Tremendous growth in progress! Passionate, strong team both onshore and offshore.

Cons

Limited attention to training and not many opportunities to get to the 'home office'. Communication internally has been improving though and the vision of the leadership team is very clear.

Terrific, high growth organization!

Current Employee - Executive in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Executive in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

High customer satisfaction (Net Promoter) scores have enabled aggressive growth for Alliance. We have been able to leverage these high customer sat figures to build on success and grow our customer portfolio. Aside form delivery excellence, customers appreciate our candor, directness and transparency which is in alignment with our company culture. We have great leadership and direction going in to 2015.

Cons

Challenging work environment and high expectations do not allow for "clock-punching". Work-life balance is always a challenge but the alternative -- being part of a slow-growth, stagnant company -- carries a different set of worries as well.

We need more office space

Enjoy working for Alliance

Current Employee - DIrector Solution Engineering in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - DIrector Solution Engineering in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have worked at Alliance Global Services for just over one year. I find my co-workers at Alliance very energetic and dynamic. This past year, we have developed a lot of new process and metrics for Quality Assurance engagements. I enjoy the clients that we work with and find that our clients do have a good review of the work that we do for them.

Alliance does pay a reasonable salary. Alliance does recognize and reward employees who work hard and contribute to the success of the company.

Cons

Alliance is a fast moving company and not for complacent or lazy people. A few long days, a lot of travel, and it is definitely a lot of work. I do, however, find it rewarding.

Great Place to work

Former Employee - Lead Quality Assurance Automation Tester in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Lead Quality Assurance Automation Tester in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at Alliance Global Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Company Culture. Very Diverse.
    Great Compensation
    Good people and work environment

Cons

Upper level management could be more proactive at obtaining requirements from clients to help QA be more efficient.