Alliance Global Services

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
John Castleman

Pros
  • My assignments are technically challenging and I enjoy the work environment (in 4 reviews)

• Aside form delivery excellence, customers appreciate our candor, directness and transparency which is in alignment with our company culture (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Little focus on work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• They have missed so many opportunities in the technology sector that the capital company who owns Alliance should have replaced him years ago (in 3 reviews)

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Engagement Manager
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager

I have been working at Alliance Global Services

Pros

Good people. Some of the offshore tech staff has been with the company for years and years and is very sharp. Good admin support and HR staff. Supportive of healthy work/life balance.

Cons

Some of the clients are not well known, so if you are looking to build your resume, depending on where you get assigned... As with many offshore organizations, staffing can be difficult. Offshore resources at Alliance do stick around longer than I have seen at other organizations, but I have found it challenging to get the right resource I need in a timely manner for my project.

Advice to Management

Continue to find ways to share information across the organization. I have found the periodic engagement manager meetings to be very valuable.

2. Great Consulting Company

Former Employee - Engagement Manager
    Former Employee - Engagement Manager

I worked at Alliance Global Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Team oriented but recognizes individual effort Great benefits Excellent leadership Real potential for advancement

Cons

You need to be very goal oriented and willing to go the extra mile Requires serious commitment to succeed

There is a lot of talk of company values, but a differing opinion is not tolerated

Former Employee - Senior Manager, Delivery
    Former Employee - Senior Manager, Delivery

I worked at Alliance Global Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was once a great company to work for with a real focus on providing value to its customers and a commitment to its employees.

Cons

The CEO and his direct reports support their favorites regardless of output and spend a lot of time complaining about everyone else. It is not a company that values differing opinions as evidenced by the revolving door of senior management over the years. There was a time when working at Alliance meant working for top notch clients and on cutting edge technologies, but that has changed with the focus on testing and simple revenue growth.

Advice to Management

Make people feel like they are relevant to the company and bring back some of the values that were once touted as the bedrock of the company.

Building great partnerships with leading companies in their respective fields

Current Employee - Director of Business Development
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dedicated and involved Senior Management Alliance takes a true partnership approach with our clients. The work product from our teams reflects the openness and collaborative approach we take.

Cons

If you don't want to be transparent to your management and clients this isn't the right place for you.

Great choice

Current Employee - Senior Director in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent place to be, high energy, great environment to learn and excel. I am extremely happy with my choice to come to Alliance Global Services, although I could have gone any where.

Cons

You will need to keep up or move along

7. Good Company to work with

I have been working at Alliance Global Services

Pros

I have been working here for almost an year and i am really liking it...work culture, environment and what else you want...its a growing organisation,

Cons

Not sure...i am too new to tell more about it, may be salary wise , bt its commom across industry

Advice to Management

Nope...i love the idea they promoting young people and making balance by hiring als level of associates

Great company with excellent opportunities to grow

Current Employee - Vice President, Consulting Services in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Vice President, Consulting Services in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities to grow with an entrepreneurial attitude, really changed direction in the last 5 years and is focussed on developing some cutting edge technologies

Cons

Some long nights and weekends but really exciting work and lot of travel. However, given my personality I would probably be bored in a slow 9-5 company

Advice to Management

Matching 401k please

9. Great company with bright future!

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Smart people working on complex technology/business problems. Great focus on customer satisfaction and partnerships. Tremendous growth in progress! Passionate, strong team both onshore and offshore.

Cons

Limited attention to training and not many opportunities to get to the 'home office'. Communication internally has been improving though and the vision of the leadership team is very clear.

10. Terrific, high growth organization!

Current Employee - Executive in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Executive in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High customer satisfaction (Net Promoter) scores have enabled aggressive growth for Alliance. We have been able to leverage these high customer sat figures to build on success and grow our customer portfolio. Aside form delivery excellence, customers appreciate our candor, directness and transparency which is in alignment with our company culture. We have great leadership and direction going in to 2015.

Cons

Challenging work environment and high expectations do not allow for "clock-punching". Work-life balance is always a challenge but the alternative -- being part of a slow-growth, stagnant company -- carries a different set of worries as well.

Advice to Management

We need more office space

A mixed bag! Some great people and a lot of talent, coupled by huge egos and Autocratic management.

I worked at Alliance Global Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Intelligent team from leadership down, entire org was talented, capable and intelligent. All Ivy leaguers, well connected, strong VC support. Some unique IP in the life sciences area, and the rest was burgeoning practices that existed primarily as a function of 1 or 2 individuals who were SMEs in a particular domain. When I was there (keep in mind- 10 years ago) they were struggling to mirror the success they had found in the life sciences domain in other areas- offshore Dev, financial services- regulation and surveillance, manufacturing and distribution, etc

Cons

Autocratic Management- by definition. Almost everyone else on the leadership team was more concerned with managing up than managing and growing the customer relationships, employees and the business. It was almost unheard of to challenge the leadership team. Total boys club. A handful of truly great managers and leaders.

Advice to Management

It has been a long time so I presume that any advice wouldn't be valid. It would have been- get out of your offices, go out to your customers, go on sales meetings, spend time with your employees and clients and listen to what is happening (good and bad) in your own company and in the market.

RSS Feed </> Embed