Alliance Global Services

Updated April 16, 2015
53 reviews filtered by
3.7
John Castleman

Pros
  • Good people and work environment (in 4 reviews)

• Aside form delivery excellence, customers appreciate our candor, directness and transparency which is in alignment with our company culture (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Little focus on work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• They have missed so many opportunities in the technology sector that the capital company who owns Alliance should have replaced him years ago (in 3 reviews)

1. Great Consulting Company

Former Employee - Engagement Manager
    Former Employee - Engagement Manager

I worked at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Team oriented but recognizes individual effort
    Great benefits
    Excellent leadership
    Real potential for advancement

Cons

You need to be very goal oriented and willing to go the extra mile
    Requires serious commitment to succeed

There is a lot of talk of company values, but a differing opinion is not tolerated

Former Employee - Senior Manager, Delivery
    Former Employee - Senior Manager, Delivery

I worked at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was once a great company to work for with a real focus on providing value to its customers and a commitment to its employees.

Cons

The CEO and his direct reports support their favorites regardless of output and spend a lot of time complaining about everyone else. It is not a company that values differing opinions as evidenced by the revolving door of senior management over the years. There was a time when working at Alliance meant working for top notch clients and on cutting edge technologies, but that has changed with the focus on testing and simple revenue growth.

Advice to Management

Make people feel like they are relevant to the company and bring back some of the values that were once touted as the bedrock of the company.

3. Alliance Global Consulting

Former Contractor - Program Manager in Billerica, MA
    Former Contractor - Program Manager in Billerica, MA

I worked at Alliance Global Services as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company very focused on its consultants. I was a long term consultant to the firm, with about 6-7 years with them. They are great to work for, benefits are reasonable for a consulting firm, and they are quick to find new positions for program/project managers after a contract ends. Thoroughly enjoyed each of the senior managers that were my recruiters and account managers.

The firm is also very flexible and willing to listen with issues or concerns come up.

Cons

I would say their rates are a bit low for the skills they seek.

Building great partnerships with leading companies in their respective fields

Current Employee - Director of Business Development
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Dedicated and involved Senior Management
    Alliance takes a true partnership approach with our clients. The work product from our teams reflects the openness and collaborative approach we take.

Cons

If you don't want to be transparent to your management and clients this isn't the right place for you.

6. Good Company to work with

I have been working at Alliance Global Services

Pros

I have been working here for almost an year and i am really liking it...work culture, environment and what else you want...its a growing organisation,

Cons

Not sure...i am too new to tell more about it, may be salary wise , bt its commom across industry

Advice to Management

Nope...i love the idea they promoting young people and making balance by hiring als level of associates

Great choice

Current Employee - Senior Director in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent place to be, high energy, great environment to learn and excel. I am extremely happy with my choice to come to Alliance Global Services, although I could have gone any where.

Cons

You will need to keep up or move along

Great company with excellent opportunities to grow

Current Employee - Vice President, Consulting Services in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Vice President, Consulting Services in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities to grow with an entrepreneurial attitude, really changed direction in the last 5 years and is focussed on developing some cutting edge technologies

Cons

Some long nights and weekends but really exciting work and lot of travel. However, given my personality I would probably be bored in a slow 9-5 company

Advice to Management

Matching 401k please

9. Terrific, high growth organization!

Current Employee - Executive in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Executive in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

High customer satisfaction (Net Promoter) scores have enabled aggressive growth for Alliance. We have been able to leverage these high customer sat figures to build on success and grow our customer portfolio. Aside form delivery excellence, customers appreciate our candor, directness and transparency which is in alignment with our company culture. We have great leadership and direction going in to 2015.

Cons

Challenging work environment and high expectations do not allow for "clock-punching". Work-life balance is always a challenge but the alternative -- being part of a slow-growth, stagnant company -- carries a different set of worries as well.

Advice to Management

We need more office space

10. Great company with bright future!

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Smart people working on complex technology/business problems. Great focus on customer satisfaction and partnerships. Tremendous growth in progress! Passionate, strong team both onshore and offshore.

Cons

Limited attention to training and not many opportunities to get to the 'home office'. Communication internally has been improving though and the vision of the leadership team is very clear.

A mixed bag! Some great people and a lot of talent, coupled by huge egos and Autocratic management.

I worked at Alliance Global Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Intelligent team from leadership down, entire org was talented, capable and intelligent. All Ivy leaguers, well connected, strong VC support. Some unique IP in the life sciences area, and the rest was burgeoning practices that existed primarily as a function of 1 or 2 individuals who were SMEs in a particular domain. When I was there (keep in mind- 10 years ago) they were struggling to mirror the success they had found in the life sciences domain in other areas- offshore Dev, financial services- regulation and surveillance, manufacturing and distribution, etc

Cons

Autocratic Management- by definition. Almost everyone else on the leadership team was more concerned with managing up than managing and growing the customer relationships, employees and the business. It was almost unheard of to challenge the leadership team. Total boys club. A handful of truly great managers and leaders.

Advice to Management

It has been a long time so I presume that any advice wouldn't be valid. It would have been- get out of your offices, go out to your customers, go on sales meetings, spend time with your employees and clients and listen to what is happening (good and bad) in your own company and in the market.