Alliance Residential Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Bruce C. Ward

Pros
  • The company is innovative and most of my co-workers were great people (in 5 reviews)

• It's a stable company, a lot of employees are close to each other (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • work load can be a little much at times (in 2 reviews)

• She makes this company look pathetic, ad in my tenure with the company I saw that the people in her portfolio left like a revolving door (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Best experience I've ever had in property management

Current Employee - Regional Performance Director
    Current Employee - Regional Performance Director

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time

Pros

I love working for a company that is constantly growing. The Alliance assets we manage and own are amazing. We are constantly growing and promoting internally. You determine your own destiny at Alliance.

Cons

We are constantly growing so our operating systems are constantly being upgraded to accommodate our needs and work efficiency. You have to maintain a big picture perspective to thrive in this environment.

2. Alliance Residential

Current Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great bonuses, money for uniforms

Cons

Don't have any cons at this time

3. Great Company

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with great people on the best properties (if you're onsite ;) , above average industry pay; performance incentives to earn extra $, since Alliance is such a huge company you have an opportunity to advance rather quickly and/or transfer to another property - even out of state, generous clothing allowance, quick response when contacting certain departments (tech support, health insurance, etc)

Cons

Because Alliance IS such a big company and growing quickly it is sometimes hard to pin down an answer from management and also mixed messages from management/different properties, employees tend to move around a little bit too much from property to property which looks like a lot of turnover from the residents viewpoint, an overload of training when you first start which you usually end up taking before/after work or on your days off - can lead to burnout, it's hard to receive an employee apt discount if you live on property since they are usually only budgeted for a certain amount of employees to live onsite and all properties are usually at their max unless someone moves out.

Advice to Management

If I could suggest one thing for change it would be to come up with a better system for giving a discount for employees living on site so that it is fair for everyone!

Is the Glass Half Empty or Half Full?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked with Alliance for years now and overall I love the company. I really enjoy the professional look of Alliance employees. I've shopped many different management companies and ours is, hands down, the best dressed. Alliance gives you gift cards twice a year to purchase work clothes (maintenance and leasing). You also get a 30% discount if you live at an Alliance community. The pay is decent although it'd be nice to receive a larger pay increase each year. 1 or 2% isn't much... For the most part, if you work hard, you are going to get noticed and move up. If you're part of the "in crowd" you will move up even faster.

Cons

What if you aren't part of the "in crowd"? You're going to question your loyalty and worth to Alliance when someone who hasn't been with the company as long (if at all) gets a higher position (as well as higher pay) than you. When you get to a certain level, there's not a lot of growing left to do. There's no place to put you because they will bring other people in for the position you've worked so hard for. Some sites are fun and easy going while others are uptight and negative. Some superiors will threaten your job for minuscule things. Trying to scare someone into performing better is going to do just the opposite. You're basically telling the person that "one less person on site (aka YOU) means more work for everyone but that's better than having you here." It's belittling and makes people feel worthless/useless. If we are valued employees, treat us like we are of value. Encourage us to do/be better. If you're going to undermine me and my work, help me come up with a solution that will help me meet your standards. BOTH of us want to be successful here. Remember that.

Advice to Management

If you say something that's meaningful to someone else, make sure you mean what you say to them. (aka a promised job that is eventually given to someone else). And "If you treat an individual as he is, he will remain how he is. But if you treat him as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be." The same goes for treating him less than he is. If you deem him of a lower and more worthless rank, he will act as such.

6. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary. Great working conditions.

Cons

Working on weekends. difficult to advance.

Advice to Management

Believe on your employees more.

7. Amazing Company!!! I have found my forever home with Alliance!

Current Employee - Business Manager in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. So much promoting from within! 2. This company is all about their people and it is SO fun. I have never been happier to come to work. I have referred 3 friends and they have been hired and are thriving within the company! They pay associates for each referral hired as well. 3. Amazing benefits and training opportunities (national/regional certifications as well). 4. Endless opportunity!

Cons

1. The workload for the pay could be improved upon. I have several friends who are managers with other companies that make quite a bit more than Alliance managers currently make. I will continue to stay for the AMAZING culture of this company. 2. Work life balance could be improved upon for Management. With the amount of work that one person is responsible for, its almost impossible to not check in during "off" hours. (as a manager, regional manager and vice president that is)

Advice to Management

More transparency and increased pay (especially with minimum wages being hiked so drastically). Hire additional trainers to visit properties and have one-on-one training versus only hosting online courses.

8. Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My last job was terrible. Here I am recognized for my contributions. When I make a suggestion, it is heard and has the possibly to create change. I am paid the average amount for my position.

Cons

I have the same gripes that other people probably have with their companies. There are managers and higher ups that only actually work 2-3 hours out of their 8 hours day. Some people get promoted or keep their position when they should really just be out the door.

Advice to Management

Hold you employees to a high standard. If they make large mistakes, or don't work hard - hire someone that will. These employees put more work on the rest of us.

9. Great company

Pros

There are many advancement opportunities

Cons

Pay could be higher for the workload

Alliance Residential

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Professional company and owns many properties throughout the united states

Cons

I felt the company micro managed too much. I worked for several property management companies and I prefer the ones who empower their staff and managers.

11. Great company

Current Employee - Porter in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Porter in Livermore, CA

Pros

Co workers. Management. Company in general

Cons

Pay and benefits don't seem too well. But acceptable

Advice to Management

No advice needed. You guys are perfect

RSS Feed </> Embed