Alliance Residential

Updated October 16, 2014
Updated October 16, 2014
3.2

Bruce C. Ward

Rough Start, but Much Better!

Current Employee - Assistant Business Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Business Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training- Training is non stop for a few months, and you will get a good book knowledge of the company (you learn a lot by doing too)
    Salary- It is competitive. It wouldn't hurt to have the yearly raises be a little higher
    Management- Senior Management really does a wonderful job- On site it will depend who you have, but I have been lucky
    Chance to Advance- There is definitely a built in system to give you the chance to advance. The higher up you want to go, the longer it takes

Cons

Salary (This goes for every company)- more opportunities to get raises. I would like to see position based salaries with performance based raises

Keep doing what you're doing. Alliance always seems to be at the front of the pack technology wise. We also seem to be team oriented. I would like to see motivators come back.

Started out with such promise, and then...

I worked at Alliance Residential (less than an year)

Pros

The location is good. I have to put twenty words in here and cannot seem to find anything else to go in the "pros" box.

Cons

Leadership in the lower class of management is sorely lacking. There is not enough time for training, and if you need to ask something more than once - well,l that is a sure sign you are an idiot. The compensation was OK, but just that, nothing more.

Remember that the world does not revolve around your bonus. You work with people, mot random machines.

Not worth the stress

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people! You will get to interact with some very interesting people and residents, while learning a great deal about conflict resolution.

Cons

Job is very demanding. More often than not it's about who you know in order to advance. Training is not well implemented and often you are left hanging with no support from regional or upper management.

Oct 16, 2014Talent Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. It’s great to hear that you find the job interesting and challenging, thank you for all you do for Alliance. I would love to connect with you ... More

Good experience will depend on "who" your manager is

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Well located properties
    Innovative company
    Good training programs
    Employees are nice to work with
    Good company parties
    Good Bonuses

Cons

Some departments have low salaries for industry
    Not very much time to complete training
    "in crowd"
    You could get stuck with an unfair manager

Sep 17, 2014Talent Coordinator

We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience at Alliance for the most part. We appreciate your feedback on the areas we could improve and would like to share a few steps we are taking ... More

It was a good job

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Alliance Residential

Pros

They have properties in great locations and it will give you great experience with handling an array of situations to help people from a wide variety of backgrounds, nerds, and desires o help you become a mold you into a great sales person.

Cons

Gossip and favoritism of which you can find in many jobs. Just do your job well and don't get involved in the gossip when negatively spoken of others.

Pay attention to your employees and trust more of them or investigate situations more before conducting some serious measures.

Great company, terrible deceitful boss!!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is innovative and most of my co-workers were great people.

Cons

My Regional Manager was hands down the worst boss I have ever worked for. She never supported me, and the only time I would hear from her was when occupancy was "dropping". She constantly lied to me and my employees. She uses nepotism and plays favorites all the time. Since she can't fire you simply based upon the fact that she doesn't like you, she will treat you so terrible so that you quit. She has worked for the company for so long, she feels like she can get away with murder and she does. If you don't have your head up her you know what, you are scum. No matter how well you perform. She makes this company look pathetic, ad in my tenure with the company I saw that the people in her portfolio left like a revolving door. I would never work for this company again, unless she was gone.

Treat your employees with humility- stop lying. This one in particular.

Many part but one company

Former Employee - Property Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time (less than an year)

Pros

nice people, good hours, nice parties,

Cons

Some departments are swamped like mine.

no advice at this time.

Great company to work for with great training tools and room for growth.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time

Pros

Great bonus potential, positive recognition for performance, growth opportunity, training, great motivational contest, and open door policy with great mentors.

Cons

Medical benefits are a bit pricey and find a better solution to update all associates on company form update, changes, and policies. Like most communities in property management several sites are under staffed.

Ensure each property is properly staffed to provide a top notch level of service without overwhelming associates with the required workflow.

Aug 19, 2014Director of Talent

Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate all you do to help make Alliance a great place to work. We wish you much success in your current and future roles with Alliance!

Great Company and Team

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management teams are extremely thorough in developing their staff to be high producers while maintaining an work friendly atmosphere. I would say that the company seeks to go beyond the status quo to differentiate themselves from other management companies and have been successful with their tactics.

Cons

It can get extremely hectic so long hours are extremely common. Because of this it can seem that you may be under appreciated at times due to the management having heavy loads as well. Changes withing the company do take some time to get use to, but they try to help as much as they can. Constantly moving from property to property in a short time period. Overall a great company.

hands down best job ever

I have been working at Alliance Residential

Pros

the sense of teamship is fantastic

Cons

work load can be a little much at times

keep doing what your doing it works

Alliance Residential Photos