Alliance Residential Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Bruce C. Ward

Pros
  • The company is innovative and most of my co-workers were great people (in 5 reviews)

• It's a stable company, a lot of employees are close to each other (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • work load can be a little much at times (in 2 reviews)

• She makes this company look pathetic, ad in my tenure with the company I saw that the people in her portfolio left like a revolving door (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Best experience I've ever had in property management

Current Employee - Regional Performance Director
    Current Employee - Regional Performance Director

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time

Pros

I love working for a company that is constantly growing. The Alliance assets we manage and own are amazing. We are constantly growing and promoting internally. You determine your own destiny at Alliance.

Cons

We are constantly growing so our operating systems are constantly being upgraded to accommodate our needs and work efficiency. You have to maintain a big picture perspective to thrive in this environment.

2. Alliance is a great place to work

Current Employee - Yardi Support Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Yardi Support Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have flexibility, good pay, great people and lots of opportunity. The corporate office is rated best companies to work for and that's no joke.

Cons

The commute to the down town off has heavy traffic but the office for corporate is nice professional environment to work for. I wish starting pay was a tad higher but it's competitive for the industry

Watch Your Back

Former Employee - Business Manager in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Business Manager in Riverside, CA

I worked at Alliance Residential (More than 5 years)

Pros

While the company's infrastructure changed many times it wasn't that I couldn't deal with. Change is good and support is even better.

Cons

However make a change to upper management after 4 years support goes out the door. No support from upper management shows your on-site team that you are vulnerable and this is when rumors are spread and believed leading to termination..

Advice to Management

Rumors will be spread in this industry, the majority isn't always right. Perception is perception and cannot be changed. With the right support of upper management the manager will not be a target for rumors to be spread about. A Manager of 4 yrs with this company held no water vs. rumors of associates hitting their 90 days. Watch your back, if you are not liked- you will not go far here regardless of a proven track record. The political game does exist.

Jun 29, 2015Talent Coordinator

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feelings and wish you much success in your future endeavors.

5. Alliance Residential

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time

Pros

Good pay, good incentives, good bonuses, clothing allowance, etc.

Cons

Benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Be more present on sales floor

6. Best Company

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love Alliance! I constantly feel like my work matters, and I enjoy coming to work. Upper management is amazing, I feel welcome, my views/opinions matter, and I haven't met a single person that I don't like that works for this company (which is unheard of). I see my self here for many more years to come!

Cons

I can't think of a single con.

Advice to Management

No advice, keep doing what you're doing!

Jun 8, 2015Director of Talent

Thank you so much for your feedback! It warms our hearts to hear you have having such a positive experience at Alliance. We work hard to create a culture where views/opinions matter and encourage ... More

7. I Love Alliance!

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time

Pros

You will see "I Love Alliance" all over the company. It is a culture that values innovation, creating memorable experiences, and focuses on the people. I've worked for Alliance for 6 years and quickly moved up from on-site to corporate. Those that are energetic, have a change the world mentality, and looking for a CAREER then look no further than Alliance.

Cons

A lot of positive and innovative changes are in the works, which can take some time.

8. Good company

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun place to work, lots of challenges, keeps you busy

Cons

It's hard to get notice of your a hard worker

Advice to Management

Really get to know your employees

Just what i've seen

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K

Cons

Growing too fast, a little disorganized. I think if they slowed down and reassessed some of the company values and training this company could easily be a 5 star company. Right now I just think there a lot of unhappy employees because they don't feel like they have guidance from upper management. Which I think even upper management isn't getting guidance they would prefer as well. Overall it's just growing way too fast. Bonus structure sounds a lot better then what you get. Pay is what you would expect from a large company, meh...

Advice to Management

Training should be hands on, not through a computer. Office managers and regionals here in Texas need more help to get what is requested done.

Great entry-level job with growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They hire from within, and are growing fast right now as far as development and acquisitions. Lots of oppurtunities to move horozontally. Bonus incentives are good. For property management, they really care for the residents and try to be flexible with making accomodations. Very compliant and fair. For property management, the pay is above average.

Cons

They can be very sercretive so it is hard to plan your career because you can't forecast what oppurtunities will be available. If you're banking on an acqquisition to work out, and it doesn't then you're back at square one. Leasing office work is very consuming though.

Advice to Management

Remember to retain momentum at stable communities rather than focusing all the attention on possible acquisitions.

11. Management

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-uniforms provided bi-annually is a plus so you aren't spending much out of pocket
    -I have worked with some amazing team members

Cons

-properties are severely understaffed to live up to the alliance standard...too few people = angry residents & prospects, which leads corporate to believe the team members are not working hard enough
    -compensation and bonus potential for assistant managers and maintenance are well below the average in this industry because they do not receive additional monthly leasing bonuses or delinquency bonuses.
    -corporate does not work at properties and expects all onsite staff to keep up with MULTIPLE social media accounts & multiple software accounts on a daily basis without considering busy day to day operations
    - work-life balance is non existent if onsite...no one can leave early or take off a day for family (lack of staff) without feeling extremely guilty
    -recognition is solely based on computerized scoring systems (which not all properties can be a part of based on owners) and those that are consistently going above and beyond are not recognized based on hard work and dedication

Advice to Management

- alliance is growing at a fast pace...Arizona should not be the only place where there is support from the back end. Put together teams at each major location to help properties who are transitioning in, transitioning out, are in need of help, to assist in due diligence and not pull team members off properties to assist. Support is needed in all major markets not just Arizona.
    - please understand that the employees should not feel as though they are on call 24/7...be more flexible with work-life balance. Many of us are parents, single parents, husbands, wives, and students, and feel we are putting work above family which creates stress and anxiety not just at work, but in our personal lives as well.
    -promote those who deserve it...stop holding some people back from a promotion because they would lose a valuable asset in the current position.

Jun 2, 2015Talent Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback. I am sorry that your experience at Alliance has not been meeting your standards so far. We are participants in the NHMC Salary Survey in order to ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed