Alliance Residential
www.allresco.com Phoenix, AZ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Alliance Residential Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Bruce C. Ward

Great company, terrible deceitful boss!!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe company is innovative and most of my co-workers were great people.

ConsMy Regional Manager was hands down the worst boss I have ever worked for. She never supported me, and the only time I would hear from her was when occupancy was "dropping". She constantly lied to me and my employees. She uses nepotism and plays favorites all the time. Since she can't fire you simply based upon the fact that she doesn't like you, she will treat you so terrible so that you quit. She has worked for the company for so long, she feels like she can get away with murder and she does. If you don't have your head up her you know what, you are scum. No matter how well you perform. She makes this company look pathetic, ad in my tenure with the company I saw that the people in her portfolio left like a revolving door. I would never work for this company again, unless she was gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with humility- stop lying. This one in particular.

Many part but one company

Property Manager (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

Prosnice people, good hours, nice parties,

ConsSome departments are swamped like mine.

Advice to Senior Managementno advice at this time.

Great Company and Team

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee)
    Lewisville, TX

ProsManagement teams are extremely thorough in developing their staff to be high producers while maintaining an work friendly atmosphere. I would say that the company seeks to go beyond the status quo to differentiate themselves from other management companies and have been successful with their tactics.

ConsIt can get extremely hectic so long hours are extremely common. Because of this it can seem that you may be under appreciated at times due to the management having heavy loads as well. Changes withing the company do take some time to get use to, but they try to help as much as they can. Constantly moving from property to property in a short time period. Overall a great company.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for with great training tools and room for growth.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat bonus potential, positive recognition for performance, growth opportunity, training, great motivational contest, and open door policy with great mentors.

ConsMedical benefits are a bit pricey and find a better solution to update all associates on company form update, changes, and policies. Like most communities in property management several sites are under staffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure each property is properly staffed to provide a top notch level of service without overwhelming associates with the required workflow.

hands down best job ever

Prosthe sense of teamship is fantastic

Conswork load can be a little much at times

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what your doing it works

Strange dynamic

Community Business Manager (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsIt's a stable company, a lot of employees are close to each other.

ConsLot's of cliques and drama.

Good company to work for

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

Prosif this system don't move pass this part dress allowance

ConsYou don't get paid for renewals

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your money

Best Company I have ever worked for!!!

Assistmat Business Manager (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsBeautiful properties with high standards, great support from upper management and promotes from within. Best of all, the one company that believes that family comes first and that if you keep you employee happy, they will preform their best in return!

ConsMonthly training can be overwhelming but can't really refuse education right???

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to listen to everyones voice. Some BM's will take credits for a lot of things but will throw the people below them under the bus. Don't just listen to Business Managers in the field but also check if the rest of the staff are treated right or getting fair work distribution.I have seen this happen to a couple properties and it is not fair because this had happend to good and dedicated employees. Sometimes people are afraid to speak but if you ask them, they will feel comfotable to trust you with how poor they are being managed. If anyone can be as good as Annette Thurman, Alliance will be eveyones dream job :-)

It's just another "meat grinder."

Accountant (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsFacilities are up scale and include underground parking for employee's with middle of the industry compensation and benifits.

ConsEveryone is just a peice of meat in a selfish corporate environment. Middle managemnet is so consumed with themselves the office staff is a non-stop revolving door. Not uncommen for new hires to quite on there first day. Most just wonder aimlessly through their day since there is no corporate accountability while those that know what they are doing pick up the slack. Don't come thinking you'll have a career opportuinity, because that's not what its about. Just show up for work and collect a check and be satisfied you have a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the HR staff since they serve no purpose and adopt a policy of "Human Capital," investing in what is truly the front-line of the company image and at the core of measurable performance. Solidarity among the staff would inarguable be the most valuable company asset if you remove the blinders.

Training is very lax, managers are stretched too thin but the people you work with are usually great

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    San Dimas, CA

ProsNice and friendly co workers, The company likes you to have a LOT of knowledge (more so then you would need else where) so you get a lot more experience working here then with other PM Companies

ConsManagers have WAY too much responsibility so they don't have a lot of time on focusing on their own teams development. I felt like if I didn't go out and FIND trainings and consistently remind my manager I hadn't learned important things I would have NEVER been trained. As a brand new employee I was often left alone in the office to just "figure it out" which was very frustrating but it helped me learn a lot from hands on experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't worry so much about paying out overtime! If there is still work to be done, let it be done! Don't force your employees to stay and work for free! Delegate some responsibility from the managers on the property so they can focus more time on running their team!

Worked for Alliance Residential? Contribute to the Community!

Alliance Residential Videos

Alliance Residential – Why Work for Us?

Alliance is one of the largest private U.S. multifamily companies with offices throughout the West, Southwest, South-Central, Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. We have invested in more than $3 billion of real… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alliance Residential reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alliance Residential CEO Bruce C. Ward. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by Alliance Residential employees.