Alliance iCommunications

Updated November 19, 2014
Updated November 19, 2014
1.8

CEO

Excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in London, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Alliance iCommunications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, wonderful work environment with great co-workers and staff! There is always a coach there to help you if you are ever unsure of what to do! They really take care of the employee with monthly 50/50 draws, employee bonuses, fully equipped lunch room and benefits! There is also lots of room for advancement within the company

Cons

You have to work for a long time to get benefits.`

Keep up the great work! You have a great team!

Fired for no reason - Avoid this company at all costs

Former Employee - Bilingual Sales Specialist in London, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Bilingual Sales Specialist in London, ON (Canada)

I worked at Alliance iCommunications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They have an interesting bonus salary rate for people who speak two or three different languages and they give it right at the beginning of training

Cons

I was hired to work for a French campaign along with a large group of other French speakers. We did three weeks of training and then were sent to the floor, where we were added to the English campaign because the French one hadn't yet started. I was there for three weeks and then promptly fired because I didn't make the quotas. The French campaign still hadn't started. Out of the whole group of people that were hired with me, in fact, only one person remains at work there.

I would suggest to invest in the employes they already have instead of constantly replacing them and having to pay so much for training.

Horrible unproffesional worst place to work

I have been working at Alliance iCommunications

Pros

There is nothing positive about this place .

Cons

They hire criminals , negligent hiring, unproffesional management , they belittle you at every opportunity, they lie to you during the interview about pay then it gets reduced , coworkers sleeping w managers, coworkers at work under the influence, married coworkers cheating on their spouse w other coworkers , coworkers that physically hit you, dirty, old equipment you either have to sit all day doing nothing or get sent home early with no pay . Managers will keep you for their own benefit then out of the blue call you at home & your laid off . Favoritism based bonuses, complete lack of maturity . Please believe the reviews for this place, it's true . I would NOT recommend this place of work to anyone .

Sharing advice won't help because they are already unproffesional .

extremely poor work life balance

Former Employee - Call Centre in London, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Call Centre in London, ON (Canada)

I worked at Alliance iCommunications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

fellow agents are helpful, coaches are always available.

Cons

poor work life balance. scheduling was incredibly inflexible. management incompetent. pay structure unfair compared to the amount of work responsibilities. bonus structure was non-transparent and its conditions were hidden. awful awful office environment and extremely poor internal communication. little to no future career opportunities.

revise time off policies for medical emergencies. clarify bonus structure to new agents. work on better developing staff to fix your turnover rates. fix your communication infrastructure to reduce daily tech problems and loss of,productivity. management is driving this company to the ground.

Worst Employer I've ever had.

Former Employee - Inbound Call Centre Agent in London, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Inbound Call Centre Agent in London, ON (Canada)

I worked at Alliance iCommunications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers were awesome, and we shared a lot of laughs. 99% of the customers were pleasant and easy to deal with. If management could have gotten their act together I never would have never left.

Cons

All of the problems with this job/company begin and end with the "coaches" and management. They were VERY clear to us in training that "there will be favorites" and we should just get used to that. They make you clock out to use the bathroom, and if you use more than 5 minutes of bathroom time per day, you must give up one of your breaks. OR...you have the very generous offer to divide your lunch into 6 five minute breaks to allow for bathroom breaks.
    During our training the coaches were very upbeat and fun, and told us a lot of positive things about the job. We were a brand new campaign (Canadian roadside service) and training was like a constant pep rally. Once we were back to the call centre that changed immediately. There was constant "QA", or feedback. It was always negative. Unless of course you were one of the favorites, then you could get away with murder without being called out on it. How do you get to be a favorite? Well, if you worked with the coaches at Teletech, or you flirted with the male staff and/or wore low cut shirts showing lots of cleavage, you had a really good shot of being a favorite. Once you've secured that spot you can give members wrong information, you can be late, or call in, you can have your preferred shifts, you can sit on your desk, chewing gum (supposedly not allowed on the call centre floor) reading a book, with your feet on your chair and no one will say a word to you.
    Retention is not important to Alliance and they don't care if you leave or stay.
    Be warned, they will outright lie to you during your interview about "working around your schedule". They won't. Also, in all the time I was there I never worked a full 40 hour week. They will send you home early citing "business needs". Another important thing to know is that you leave before you complete 150 hours, they roll your wages back to minimum wage for all the hours you've already worked, which means you lose your last pay cheque.

Stop treating your staff like cattle, and acknowledge how hard they work for you. Care more about keeping your fully trained staff and make your team members feel valued by you.