Alliance iCommunications

Alliance iCommunications Reviews

Updated May 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

extremely poor work life balance

Call Centre (Former Employee) London, ON (Canada)

Prosfellow agents are helpful, coaches are always available.

Conspoor work life balance. scheduling was incredibly inflexible. management incompetent. pay structure unfair compared to the amount of work responsibilities. bonus structure was non-transparent and its conditions were hidden. awful awful office environment and extremely poor internal communication. little to no future career opportunities.

Advice to Senior Managementrevise time off policies for medical emergencies. clarify bonus structure to new agents. work on better developing staff to fix your turnover rates. fix your communication infrastructure to reduce daily tech problems and loss of,productivity. management is driving this company to the ground.

Worst Employer I've ever had.

Inbound Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) London, ON (Canada)

ProsMy coworkers were awesome, and we shared a lot of laughs. 99% of the customers were pleasant and easy to deal with. If management could have gotten their act together I never would have never left.

ConsAll of the problems with this job/company begin and end with the "coaches" and management. They were VERY clear to us in training that "there will be favorites" and we should just get used to that. They make you clock out to use the bathroom, and if you use more than 5 minutes of bathroom time per day, you must give up one of your breaks. OR...you have the very generous offer to divide your lunch into 6 five minute breaks to allow for bathroom breaks.
    During our training the coaches were very upbeat and fun, and told us a lot of positive things about the job. We were a brand new campaign (Canadian roadside service) and training was like a constant pep rally. Once we were back to the call centre that changed immediately. There was constant "QA", or feedback. It was always negative. Unless of course you were one of the favorites, then you could get away with murder without being called out on it. How do you get to be a favorite? Well, if you worked with the coaches at Teletech, or you flirted with the male staff and/or wore low cut shirts showing lots of cleavage, you had a really good shot of being a favorite. Once you've secured that spot you can give members wrong information, you can be late, or call in, you can have your preferred shifts, you can sit on your desk, chewing gum (supposedly not allowed on the call centre floor) reading a book, with your feet on your chair and no one will say a word to you.
    Retention is not important to Alliance and they don't care if you leave or stay.
    Be warned, they will outright lie to you during your interview about "working around your schedule". They won't. Also, in all the time I was there I never worked a full 40 hour week. They will send you home early citing "business needs". Another important thing to know is that you leave before you complete 150 hours, they roll your wages back to minimum wage for all the hours you've already worked, which means you lose your last pay cheque.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your staff like cattle, and acknowledge how hard they work for you. Care more about keeping your fully trained staff and make your team members feel valued by you.

Worked for Alliance iCommunications? Contribute to the Community!