Alliance of Professionals & Consultants

Alliance of Professionals & Consultants President and CEO Roy Roberts
Roy Roberts

1. Challenging and Enjoyable Experience with a Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been part of the APC family for over 10 years and I have truly enjoyed my job as well as the people since the beginning. The support team as well as management is dedicated, talented, and prides itself on taking care of each person they communicate with. Although the company has grown tremendously over the past 10 years, APC has retained its small company feel that I enjoy so much. My work has been challenging and APC has given me a fantastic opportunity to grow with the company!

Cons

No real cons for me.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring A-players!

2. So happy to be part of the APC Family!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

APC is the perfect size company that will allow you to expand your knowledge and skill sets into various areas and even other departments within the company. Many larger companies are so departmentalized that employees are not allowed to grow and advance in their careers. I was able to expand my knowledge and skill sets moving upwardly over time within the organization. This is also a company that truly cares about people and their families. When I needed to make a change because of a family situation, management at APC worked with me so that I was able to continue working as well as accommodate my family's needs.

Cons

APC does not always stick to standard guidelines and procedures like other companies. Instead they will do what makes sense for the situation at hand. This bothers some employees that are used to having a set schedule and knowing exactly what is going to happen and when.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open dialog!

3. Invest in Your Career? Work Here!

Current Employee - Client Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Client Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Leadership here operates with Integrity, Honesty, and a "True" Open Door Policy. Each Leader in this organization "Invest" in your career goals and support, encourage employees to Fullfill each potential. In a world of Corporate America which harbors unhealthy work environments, APC raises the bar for all Employers in the Display and Teaching from the Top to trickle down on "Values & Ethics & Integrity". If you are ready to Invest in your Career with the support of a company that you can trust and will encourage, assist and support you to get to the next level and grow, This is The Place to work!

Cons

I do not see any "Cons" on a consistent basis.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great Work! Write a Book or Manual to Teach Leadership of other Companies.

5. Great place to work

I have been working at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants full-time

Pros

Friendly and helpful staff. They go out of their way to ensure my questions are answered quickly. It's great to have a phone number of a person that you can speak with rather than a 1-800 # that leaves you on hold.

Cons

Website can be difficult to navigate when looking for benefits information. I heard about APC through word of mouth as it appears they don't actively market themselves aggressively.

Advice to Management

Invest in Marketing to get the word out about APC and update the website.

6. Fast and easy on-boarding

Pros

I've only been here a month, but the thing that was refreshing was how easy it was to on-board. All the documents were able to be reviewed and signed electronically. Probably took only 30 minutes to do all the "paperwork" required to get started.

Cons

Few have heard of the company. As a small, minority owned business that views itself as a "boutique" services firm they don't see the need to advertise. So, I find myself having to explain to people who we are and what we do.

Advice to Management

Update the website and invest in online advertising.

7. Excellent Company

Current Employee - Program Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They care about its people. Always follow up when you submit a request to them. I have worked for other contracting companies before and they are the best so far.

Cons

So far I have not had any bad experience with the company or its personnel. They are really appreciative of you and your work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

8. Good job when in need

I have been working at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants full-time

Pros

Quick hire, good pay, good manager.

Cons

May not be for you if you don't handle contracting well.

APC is a good company & the people are great people to work with.

Former Employee - Assistant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant in Raleigh, NC

Pros

The corporate staff are fair & friendly - generally a good group to work with and for. Management truly values honesty & integrity. Management works to not only make APC a successful company but also a good corporate citizen.

Cons

Benefits are standard for the industry and size of the company, but not outstanding. Lots of paperwork and corporate policies.

RSS Feed </> Embed