Alliance to Save Energy

ase.org

Alliance to Save Energy Reviews

Alliance to Save Energy – US – “Photo credit: Alliance to Save Energy”

Alliance to Save Energy President Kateri Callahan

Kateri Callahan

Excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe atmosphere and the experience was amazing

ConsThere was not any cons in my experience.

Great mission, dedicated people, but organization has been shrinking lately.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsVisionary thought leadership on energy efficiency. When opportunities are available, staff are given increased responsibility as warranted. The DC location is convenient to public transit, talks, lunch spots, etc.

ConsOrganization has high turn-over and career paths are often not available within the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more professional development opportunities to staff.

Executive leadership not to be trusted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to learn energy policy
    Great frontline staff - friendly and supportive.
    Internship program rocks.
    In the heart of DC

ConsExecutive leadership has a record of bad decision making that has really hurt the organization financially and caused massive layoffs in 2012 and 2013. Remaining staff very demoralized.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice place to "start" your career in Washington, D.C.

Intern (Current Employee)

Pros- energetic, supportive and knowledgeable staff
    - a lot of opportunities to network internally as well as externally at events and webinars
    - take professional development goals seriously
    - gets a lot of government contracts so good place if you are looking into a career in environmental or public policy

Cons- high turnover rate. I was there for 8 months during which at least 5 people moved on to other jobs.
    - projects (and your job) heavily depend on grant money, so if you haven't given them a good reason to keep you around you're most likely heading right back to the job market.
    - for an environmental nonprofit that is suppose to save energy- they employees do not walk the talk. Lights are left on by staff including senior staff when they leave the office. Use of paper cups on a daily basis, highly wasteful Flavia coffee machine with individual coffee/tea pods. There is motion sensor, LEED certification and appliances with ENERGY STAR logos everywhere, but not much effort has been taken to promote behavioral sustainability internally.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, but also try to keep your staff on board for at least 5 years.

Worked for Alliance to Save Energy? Contribute to the Community!