Alliance to Save Energy Reviews
67% of the CEO
Pros – The atmosphere and the experience was amazing
Cons – There was not any cons in my experience.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company
Pros – Visionary thought leadership on energy efficiency. When opportunities are available, staff are given increased responsibility as warranted. The DC location is convenient to public transit, talks, lunch spots, etc.
Cons – Organization has high turn-over and career paths are often not available within the organization.
Advice to Senior Management – Provide more professional development opportunities to staff.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
2 people found this helpful
Pros – Great place to learn energy policy
Great frontline staff - friendly and supportive.
Internship program rocks.
In the heart of DC
Cons – Executive leadership has a record of bad decision making that has really hurt the organization financially and caused massive layoffs in 2012 and 2013. Remaining staff very demoralized.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company
Pros – - energetic, supportive and knowledgeable staff
- a lot of opportunities to network internally as well as externally at events and webinars
- take professional development goals seriously
- gets a lot of government contracts so good place if you are looking into a career in environmental or public policy
Cons – - high turnover rate. I was there for 8 months during which at least 5 people moved on to other jobs.
- projects (and your job) heavily depend on grant money, so if you haven't given them a good reason to keep you around you're most likely heading right back to the job market.
- for an environmental nonprofit that is suppose to save energy- they employees do not walk the talk. Lights are left on by staff including senior staff when they leave the office. Use of paper cups on a daily basis, highly wasteful Flavia coffee machine with individual coffee/tea pods. There is motion sensor, LEED certification and appliances with ENERGY STAR logos everywhere, but not much effort has been taken to promote behavioral sustainability internally.
Advice to Senior Management – Keep up the good work, but also try to keep your staff on board for at least 5 years.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend