Alliant Insurance Services Reviews

Tom Corbett

1. Assistant Vice President

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alliant Insurance Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial Environment top down. Great vacation accrual. Plenty of freedom for the right types of employees. Employer 401K matching.

Cons

Insurance in general isn't the "sexiest" most exciting business.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

2. Great work environment

Current Employee - Account Representative in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Alliant Insurance Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Warm and friendly atmosphere, great team teambuilding.

Cons

Limited access to training. Career advancement is slow.

Advice to Management

Promote Professional Growth for your employees

3. barely one month in and I'm sick of it

Current Employee - Anonymous New Employee
    Current Employee - Anonymous New Employee

I have been working at Alliant Insurance Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not sure of any just yet. Our company was bought by Alliant as of March 1.

Cons

-Human resources doesn't correspond with you in a timely manner
    -insurance is beyond horrible, using the worst prescription company around, Accredo
    -seems to be disorganized, as many people in our organization have had multiple problems of every sort in our transition to a new parent company
    -still uses a "timecard" for payroll in the form of an excel spreadsheet-what company does that in the 21st century?

Advice to Management

Be more responsible when considering the fact that your employees need quality health care, not this Blue Cross Blue Shield Anthem garbage. Non preventative medicine has gone up to 1700 a month under this plan, with Accredo as the pharmacy utilized. I've never been spoken to so rudely as I have when trying to contact our providers on coverage and options. Surely, management, you know about all of the complaints about this high deductible plan, and the poor pharmacy coverage. I wish my company, the one bought by Alliant, would give us an open house forum to discuss all of the transition issues we've had, from misinformation on benefits (and no call backs from HR) to lost retirement rollover funds, to the abysmal health care. Shame on you for selling us to a company that cares so little about their employees well being.

5. Insurance Payables

Current Employee - You Pay All the Carriers Using the Companies Trust Accounts in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alliant Insurance Services

Pros

There is oppurtunity growth to get promoted withing. There is an alternative work week which you get off at 11:30am every other Friday. You also get 11 paid holidays and 2 weeks of paid vacation and paid parking.

Cons

Duties are really segregated so you are doing high volume of the same thing all day.

Advice to Management

They should implement more group and team meetings, encourage more people to learn the different rolls in accounting so they can better their procedures.

Not a good place to work. Would not recommend it to my worst enemy.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Alliant Insurance Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The only pros are for the top management or producers who are making tons of money and are very arrogant.

Cons

No management to speak of, especially in the San Diego office. No HR oversight. A classic example of women doing all the work, with men taking all the credit. Lots of backstabbing and hostile work place environment issues.

Advice to Management

The company is so proud of being a "sales organization", yet they seem to miss exactly what they are selling - client services. Anyone can sell an insurance policy. Putting the clients first, instead of focusing on how much commission is coming in, would be refreshing.

7. Accounting Department needs better organization and better focus on process improvements

Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in San Diego, CA

I worked at Alliant Insurance Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

First couple of months to a year are filled with busy days; onsite parking downtown; good entry level job positions; some good mid-level managers; ability to stay long-term

Cons

Upper management is disorganized and over their head with recent events of past four years in terms of the acquisitions. Morale is pretty low in accounting and upper management, especially longer tenured, are unable to keep up and make sure things run smooth. Employee recognition is nonexistent and too much gossip from high level positions. The department runs on chaos and this has been the case for the last six years.

Advice to Management

Headquarters should review if accounting department is able to deliver in an efficient way and listen to pop up complaints from employees that left the company and not brush aside as a fluke happening. Morale needs to be rebuilt not through entry level orange attitudes, but through upper level employees who have been there a decade and longer changing their management style so they stop making people unhappy.

8. Enjoyable and educational time working as a law clerk

Former Intern - Law Clerk
    Former Intern - Law Clerk

I worked at Alliant Insurance Services as an intern

Pros

Office culture was laid back, coworkers were friendly, general counsel and assistant general counsel were very helpful

Cons

Not much camaraderie or interaction between the business units, not many opportunities to get to know people throughout the company

OK company to work for

I have been working at Alliant Insurance Services

Pros

Great place to work if you like to be extremely busy and always have new projects to dive in to. People are great - politics like at any other company.

Cons

Make sure you get to know the team you will be working with as they could make or break your career at this company.

Advice to Management

Take a critical look at the upper management team to ensure all their decisions are made in the interest of the company and not their own.

10. If you are looking to grow Alliant Insurance is not the place to work.

I worked at Alliant Insurance Services

Pros

Co-workers are awesome to work with.

Cons

Cons of Alliant are that the managers need to be trained. The ones they have in place currently do not know what they are doing and make the environment very stressful. The atmosphere of this company is extremely poor, negative, and they expect too much and do not give any type of incentive.

11. They were FANTASTIC. I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation and warm and friendly attitude of the Interviewer.

Current Employee - Employee Benefit Staff Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Employee Benefit Staff Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alliant Insurance Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture and efforts to please the clients. The locations are centrally located in most major metropolitan cities.

Cons

There are no cons. If there would be any, we need more locations.

Alliant Insurance Services Photos

Alliant Headquarters
Coworker won 11 tiny bottles of Jose Cuervo on Cinco de Mayo celebration at work

+ Add Photo