Alliant Insurance Services Reviews

Reset
3.2
Tom Corbett

1. Great Company If You Have Great Work Ethic

I have been working at Alliant Insurance Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a very strong and successful company and the people are great. I've read through the reviews below and derive that there will be random, negative people with a disgruntled and bad attitude. If you have a great work ethic, a positive attitude towards others, do a good job, and are not hypercritical, you can love it here and be very successful. I have years of work experience at other companies and the grass is not greener on the other side.

Cons

None. It's a great company. At pretty much any company you have to pay for benefits. It's the marketplace and reality of today that medical insurance at any company is expensive. The comments below are misdirected.

Staff member

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Alliant Insurance Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people work there-lots of fun events and treats- depending on the department that you work in and your job status, you can occasionally work from home.

Cons

Company runs very lean so often hard to take vacation time. Benefit package not too good and very costly to employee.

3. Great company!

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Operations in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Operations in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Alliant Insurance Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solid growth and potential to grow if you want it. Company uses the Happiness Advantage model to keep employees engaged. Work life balance is valued.

Cons

High performance culture (fancy way of saying you'll work hard). If you're a work to live person and you watch the clock and are out of the door 1 minute after you end time it's not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

It used to be great, 5 years ago.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Alliant Insurance Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Accommodations are made for family and personal time off, and hours can be flexible. Coworker interactions are generally positive and supportive among teams. Client relationships are emphasized.

Cons

Management is weak - there is no confidentiality or accountability, and they prefer to talk in buzzwords, rather than take action. Concerns and issues are met with contradictions and dismissive or destructive responses. Success and skill are met with more responsibility without compensation. Wages are below local and national averages. Limited opportunity to advance. Nepotism runs rampant.

Advice to Management

Actions speak louder than buzzwords - no one is influenced by pat phrasing from the latest "leadership" book being quoted. Take action and actually act as leaders.

Disconnected relationship to parent company

I worked at Alliant Insurance Services full-time

Pros

The Staff are friendly; The company offers recreation sports to staff; summer hours; fair PTO / holidays.

Cons

parent company is very disconnected from acquired companies; most perks pertain to parent company sites; one standard fits all type of mentality without proper transition.

Advice to Management

Although its tough to work with all your staff, take the time to properly transition them into the culture and standards put forward by the parent company.

underwriting

I have been working at Alliant Insurance Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on the type of department, some will have flexible work schedule with work from home option.

Cons

There seems to be very little advancement opportunity within the same department, it may take changing departments in order to be able to move up.

Advice to Management

To be more transparent and improve on overall communication, especially regarding changes that will affect their department and/or location.

8. Assistant Vice President

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

Entrepreneurial Environment top down. Great vacation accrual. Plenty of freedom for the right types of employees. Employer 401K matching.

Cons

Insurance in general isn't the "sexiest" most exciting business.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Great work environment

Current Employee - Account Representative in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Alliant Insurance Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Warm and friendly atmosphere, great team teambuilding.

Cons

Limited access to training. Career advancement is slow.

Advice to Management

Promote Professional Growth for your employees

Poor Management, Terrible Benefits

I worked at Alliant Insurance Services

Pros

The Vice President and upper management are paid fairly.

Cons

The health insurance is among the worst I have seen. Large deductible HSA plan, expensive. Worked with employees who could not afford their basic medical needs such as life saving medication. The Human Resources executive team consistently made decisions that negatively impacted employees. High turn over of employees due to low pay and minimal benefits. Terrible on the job morale. They tend to not promote or hire from within.

Advice to Management

Your employees deserve as much consideration as your profit margin.

barely one month in and I'm sick of it

Current Employee - Anonymous New Employee
    Current Employee - Anonymous New Employee

I have been working at Alliant Insurance Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not sure of any just yet. Our company was bought by Alliant as of March 1.

Cons

-Human resources doesn't correspond with you in a timely manner
    -insurance is beyond horrible, using the worst prescription company around, Accredo
    -seems to be disorganized, as many people in our organization have had multiple problems of every sort in our transition to a new parent company
    -still uses a "timecard" for payroll in the form of an excel spreadsheet-what company does that in the 21st century?

Advice to Management

Be more responsible when considering the fact that your employees need quality health care, not this Blue Cross Blue Shield Anthem garbage. Non preventative medicine has gone up to 1700 a month under this plan, with Accredo as the pharmacy utilized. I've never been spoken to so rudely as I have when trying to contact our providers on coverage and options. Surely, management, you know about all of the complaints about this high deductible plan, and the poor pharmacy coverage. I wish my company, the one bought by Alliant, would give us an open house forum to discuss all of the transition issues we've had, from misinformation on benefits (and no call backs from HR) to lost retirement rollover funds, to the abysmal health care. Shame on you for selling us to a company that cares so little about their employees well being.

RSS Feed </> Embed