Allianz Australia

Updated July 22, 2014
Updated July 22, 2014
2.8

CEO

Work-life balance, good employee benefits and innovative on system and technology

Former Employee - Finance
    Former Employee - Finance

I worked at Allianz Australia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work-life balance, very friendly colleagues, inovative on technologies and strategies

Cons

well below market pay, career developments are limited if you're not in the sales area. Middle-level management can be frustrating as the communication channel breaks down from upper level to grounds. Does not present leadership or live up the company values

Be adaptable to the changes

A good starting point for your career in insurance

Former Employee - Case Manager  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Allianz Australia full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Excellent training. In my department we had a 3 week induction and then further ongoing training. When changes were rolled out across the business we all received thorough training. This often involves sitting exams. I know the exams are off-putting for some people, but I found it helpful to ensure I understood things.
    - Opportunities to apply for internal transfers. You need to actively pursue these.
    - Flexible leave arrangements. They will let you take leave without pay if you want.

Cons

- There was blatant favouritism in my department. You basically had to be friends with your immediate manager to get anywhere on the career ladder.
    - Pay is below industry averages and annual pay increases are often below inflation.
    - They have won all sorts of employer of choice for women awards, yet provide very few part time opportunities in my department. Part time staff are often overlooked for career advancement opportunities.
    - The annual culture survey always seems to indicate the vast majority of staff are happy. This is not my experience on the floor.
    - There is a lot of chopping and changing. I was in 6 different teams in 2.5 years. While I'm not adverse to some degree of change this is pushing it a bit.
    - Staff who lodge Workers' Compensation claims are treated terribly. I've seen several cases of people being pushed out the door a few weeks after their claim was wrapped up.

- More competitive salaries would go a long way with retaining staff.

Very average pay, zero flexibility, bully mentality from Team Leaders.

Former Employee - Contact Centre  in  Adelaide (Australia)
    Former Employee - Contact Centre in Adelaide (Australia)

I worked at Allianz Australia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers that would be considered friends. One Sales Manager that is helpful and friendly. Central location easily accessible by public transport.

Cons

10 hour shifts on a Sunday. Low wage. Very little flexibility. Incredibly hard to qualify for "bonuses". Large percentage of Team Leaders posses a bully mentality and are intimidating to approach.

Hire casual/part time staff to cover sick days and weekends. The reason the turn around is so high is the long trading hours, low pay and no flexibility.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Well worth it.

Former Employee - Analyst Intern
    Former Employee - Analyst Intern

I worked at Allianz Australia

Pros

- Managers were very friendly and approachable
    - Open, honest communication between team members
    - Supportive team and managers
    - Reasonable work hours
    - Team bonding lunches

Cons

- Lack of existing standard for promotion upon qualifying profession exams

The managers were one of the highlights of this internship.

Worked for Allianz Australia? Contribute to the Community!