Allianz Global Assistance

Updated September 23, 2014
Updated September 23, 2014
3.5

Michael J. Nelson

Pros
  • The people who work here really have a generous spirit and take care of each other (in 12 reviews)

• I love that my management team allows a flexible work schedule and promotes a positive work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • A ton of good people have left to get jobs somewhere else (in 6 reviews)

• We prioritize with management and ensure we meet business needs while getting the work done for headquarters (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Allianz Global Assistance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people and environment are fantastic. I've worked at several financial services companies in the Richmond area and this is the best by far. The customer comes first more so than at other places I have worked. The facilities are great. Company seems to be doing really well.

Cons

Not much to complain about. Base pay is OK, about the same as other financial services companies in Richmond. Bonus program is good if you meet performance criteria.

I really like the extra bonus through year-end! How about an extension into next year?

Great People

Current Employee - Operations Management in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Operations Management in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Allianz Global Assistance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of good things about working here, but the people are the number one reason. It is a passionate group of people that want to make things happen. Career opportunities are good because the company is growing and Allianz is a huge company, although you might have to relocate to take full advantage. Learning a lot! Also love the culture and the facilities.

Cons

There is a lot to do, many competing priorities. There is no playbook for most of the stuff we are doing. Prioritization is the key challenge in the company.

Mostly keep it up. Company is doing well and most people I know love it here.

Great place to be

Current Employee - Marketing in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Allianz Global Assistance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced company with a lot happening. CEO is very dynamic and has driven a lot of change over the past couple years. Management is strong and love the new CMO. Company is doing very well financially and employees are sharing in the success through the bonus program.

Cons

There is a lot going on. Some struggle with the pace or long for the days of a slower moving environment. My only significant complaint is we have to do a lot of stuff for corporate or compliance reasons that seem to have little benefit to the business or the end consumer.

Keep up the intensity and push for results. Try to push back on the less important stuff. Keep paying the bonuses and give good pay increases!!

This has been a great company with a lot of personal development opportunities.

Current Employee - Market Analyst in O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Market Analyst in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Allianz Global Assistance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Personal accountability. No micromanaging. Global company with a lot of opportunities nationally & globally.

Cons

I really like working here. I have from the beginning.

Very impressed. Great company and great people!!!

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Allianz Global Assistance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Interpersonal feel of a small company with advantages of a large, international corporation. Clear sense of team.

Cons

None yet, too new to adequately rate. Very pleased.

High turnover again.

Current Employee - Travel in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Travel in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Allianz Global Assistance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people work here but under very poor leadership.

Cons

A much admired and competent COO who was with the company for many years has just resigned. This is now the 4th or 5th person on CEO team who has left since he came a couple of years ago. Many other good people are leaving. The replacement COO he chose ran IT (and under his leadership many also quit or are being outsourced) and never ran an operation. Pay is at or below average. Work is often stressful because of understaffing and unreasonable demands. Going downhill.

not a healthy place to work

Former Employee - Claims Examiner in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Claims Examiner in Richmond, VA

I worked at Allianz Global Assistance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

they always keep you busy with many different tasks.

Cons

Having scheduled bathroom breaks and stress from your team leader. never any positive feedback. They say there is room for advancement but you have to be favored by management to get a higher up position. At the end of the day you are too exhausted to do anything else. Everyone always leaves......

Treat your co workers like human beings.

Nothing Special. Dodge Operations.

Former Employee - Medical Assistance Specialist in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Medical Assistance Specialist in Richmond, VA

I worked at Allianz Global Assistance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You'll do hard work that you don't take home. You will hear strange new languages, meet strange new people, and solve strange new challenges. Beautiful building. Free gym. Starbucks and in-house cafeteria.

Cons

Manager whines about boss, her other job, and her personal life. Intimidates employees, habitually hires poor performers, and doesn't support a diverse workplace. You won't really go anywhere. For example one lady has been there for 7 years and finally got a promotion. Your boss will also be very gossipy and will talk about your performance with your colleagues behind your back. No room for personal growth. People are turned away for (not kidding here) "being too ambitious."

Spread your projects out. There are people bored to tears with their jobs who need more enrichment.

Major change for worse

Former Employee - Associate in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Associate in Richmond, VA

I worked at Allianz Global Assistance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pros – Salary is OK
    Sales are up this year
    Nice building
    Work can be interesting
    International with many offices all over the world

Cons

Cons –
    Very tight budgets; slow to hire when workload expands; lousy leaders
    Siloed;hard to get things done
    They don't care enough about associate happiness; alot of people leaving
    Too many pet projects coming from foreign parent company
    Too many changes and in too short of a period of time
    Expectations of production is not reasonable

A great place to work

Current Employee - Service Associate in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Service Associate in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Allianz Global Assistance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have met so many amazing people. I have found life long friends and can truly say that the people who work at Allianz are easy to work with. The connect I've made with Co workers, customers and partners are priceless. TRULY unlike any other.

Cons

Some departments are understaffed and alot if demand falls on the associates shoulders. The cafe closes too early and prices have seen to gone up too high. 6$ for a cobb salad that didn't even have chicken or come with a drink and too small for the price.

A pay increase across the board for front line associates. I do feel that for the work load and expectations that are placed are not followed up with the hourly pay. Incentives and overtime are great but are temporary. Incentives are little bonuses here and there or maybe little treats but when the overtime fades away the base pay isn't enough to balance out the pressure we feel and hard work we put in. So many Coworkers have to work at aga with overtime and still have part time jobs.

Allianz Global Assistance Photos