Allianz Global Assistance

Reset
3.7
Allianz Global Assistance President & CEO Michael J. Nelson
Michael J. Nelson

Pros
  • The people who work here are fabulous (in 9 reviews)

• The work life balance is also a major plus (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is really bad it is expected that you will work until the work is complete regardless of the time necessary to complete tasks (in 3 reviews)

• A ton of good people have left to get jobs somewhere else (in 4 reviews)

Pretty Great First Job

I have been working at Allianz Global Assistance full-time

Pros

This is my first job out of college and so far everything seems to be going smoothly. I think a lot of this has to do with a strong compatibility with my manager and co-workers in my division. The work is fun and exactly aligns with my skill set. There are challenging problems that one must face everyday and think of inventive ways to solve them. The work-life balance is excellent and I have rarely needed to stay late to complete assignments.

Cons

Sometimes people do not read their emails carefully or look at files carefully before claiming that someone else made a mistake. There are a decent amount of managers who do not know how to type properly or use excel in an efficient manner which causes delays. I know these people don't use excel all the time as a part of their job, but at least be more competent with the software.

Advice to Management

Require all employees to participate in job shadowing in other parts of the company for half a day, especially listening into call center calls.

Do some due diligence when it comes to how long someone supposedly needs to complete a task. It may be that I am wrong, but there are lots of times where people claim they need an extended amount of time to do something and I'm thinking there is no way they could possibly take that long.

Give more access to file locations across divisions. Often times I will have to email one or two people to get a file I need because I don't have permission to view it despite the fact that it falls under something that I need to look at not all the time, but a lot of the time.

Senior Claims Coordinator

Former Employee - Claims Examiner in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Claims Examiner in Richmond, VA

I worked at Allianz Global Assistance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Company to work with, flexible hours, good benefits, you feel like you are in a family. Team effort is excellent.
    Good incentives. The best I have ever worked for!

Cons

No cons, One of the best companies in Richmond VA

Advice to Management

Consult with your employees before making huge decision, they are your team and can advice you on expectancy of decisions.

Successful, ambitious, AND a great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Allianz Global Assistance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've had a very rewarding experience thus far at Allianz -- and recommend the company to anyone who is looking for a high-energy, driven culture in a very cool industry, travel. Allianz has a smart, ambitious culture who take pride in caring for each other as much as they do caring for the customers. (And the customers are huge fans of Allianz with some of the highest Net Promoter Scores of any industry). It's a very unique place, and in my opinion, provides a very healthy work/life balance despite occasional after-hours work. The company had a great year in 2014 and returned many of the profits to its employees, more than ever -- and generous by any standard. I've worked at several different companies throughout my career, large and small, and find Allianz to be surprisingly nimble, well-respected on a global scale, and is simply a great place to work.

Cons

None. Solid company, leadership, and industry.

Like Nothing I've Experienced Before

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Allianz Global Assistance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A very energetic and collaborative culture, much more like a marketing company than an insurance company. Everyone cares about the business and gets excited about the new things we're always doing. We also are quick to celebrate the successes of our co-workers. We work hard; but also actively seek out ways to add fun, which can be a movie, a party, a picnic, or a group outing to perform community service.

Cons

Although part of a very big company, career development opportunities feel limited as if we were just our relatively small office here in Richmond. The ever-changing environment, while exciting, can also be frustrating and confusing with respect to knowing what and how things are to be done. Sometimes the thing you start learning today will be obsolete by the time you fully understand it.

Advice to Management

Help us build "Allianz" careers instead of just "AGA" careers. As we continue to do new and different things, keep reminding us either how they connect back to our core principles and values or how they represent updates to our principles or values.

Service Associate in BankCard Services

I worked at Allianz Global Assistance

Pros

Great company! The Richmond VA location is quite nice and everyone is very friendly. Love the open office layout so your desk doesn't feel like a cubicle and the casual dress code is a big plus. Training was 2 weeks long and could have been longer due to the amount of information to cover. Pay was just ok, ~$13.50 p/hr, but with benefits and a few extra's like a free gym membership make it a good deal for young people just starting out or in school. It's full-time at 37 hrs p/week with a set schedule and opportunities for overtime, part-time not really an option. With a little experience you may be able to move up to BankCard Claims which pays a few dollars more and a gets you off the phone a few hours per day. Overall a good place to work.

Cons

Bottom line, it's a Call Center. I loved the idea of working there but I simply could not wear a headset and be on the phone all day, everyday. I will say it is probably the best call center you could work at though, I've heard horror stories of others. The casual environment, friendly people, and No sales make this a sweet deal if you don't mind this type of work.

Advice to Management

Only thing I would recommend is increasing the training schedule by maybe a week with more calls taken in the classroom. It's a lot of information and many of us felt a little unprepared to hit the floor running.

Thanks for another great year!

I have been working at Allianz Global Assistance

Pros

Great people! Love it from top to bottom. I just recieved my 2014 bonus and all I can say is WOW! I knew the business was doing well and it is great to share in the success

Cons

Some think there are too many prioorities. It is fast paced and expectations are high.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and THANKS!

Allianz Global Assistance Response

Feb 25, 2015VP, HR

Thanks for being a part of our success! I hope you get to spend a little of the bonus on yourself.

8. Good Company For Personal Growth

Former Employee - Reporting Analyst in Glen Allen, VA
    Former Employee - Reporting Analyst in Glen Allen, VA

I worked at Allianz Global Assistance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The structure of AGA lends itself to upward mobility due to the variety of positions and levels of management needed to operate an insurance company. During my tenure (2007-2010), they seemed to promote a lot from within. They have a relaxed dress code and may positions permit a work-from-home option.

Cons

As growth has stabilized, they have definitely focused on the bottom line. I have seen many high level positions not back-filled, which basically spreads more work around. Since the new CEO took office, there has been almost 100% turnover on the executive board.

Advice to Management

Don't run too lean or you will continue to lose good talen

9. Secure company with good values!

Former Employee - Team Leader in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Richmond, VA

I worked at Allianz Global Assistance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You have support from coworkers, team leaders and managers! There is room for internal growth and raises. They do a nice job identifying your career path and placing you in a position which brings out your best qualities.

Cons

The managers tend to show favoritism to certain people, especially family members. They seem to never have enough people to conplete the work that needs to be done. They run this way on purpose because it is better for the budget. Tons of work and never enough time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the quarterly and annual reviews! It means everything to see our progess through out the year. Please identify the few people on the managment team who uses their family and friends as pawns get a foot forward in their career.

10. Love this company!

I have been working at Allianz Global Assistance

Pros

Allianz Global Assistance is a transparent company that keeps everyone in the know. Each individual knows how they can contribute to their success as well as the companies success!

Cons

From an employees view I have no cons!

Advice to Management

Continue with open communications!

Allianz Global Assistance Response

Feb 25, 2015Director, Internal Communications, US

Glad to hear your positive comments about our communication. From my perspective, across the board, our leadership has made a commitment to open and frequent communication with associates.

Great company

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Glen Allen, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Glen Allen, VA

I worked at Allianz Global Assistance

Pros

Good people
    Opportunity for overtime was available
    Could move around in the company pretty easily
    Opportunity for advancement

Cons

low-ish pay
    not much time for breaks away from the computer
    only had 30 minute lunch breaks

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - I thought you guys did a great job overall

RSS Feed </> Embed