Allianz Life

Updated September 15, 2014
3.3

Allianz Life President & CEO Walter White
Walter White

Pros
  • There are also nice perks that come with the company to include a nice cafeteria, fitness facility and on site daycare (in 5 reviews)

• Good benefits, nice vacation available in first year (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, not easy to move up, a lot of politics (in 3 reviews)

• Can sometimes feel like middle management treats you like children (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Allianz is a great place to start your career

I have been working at Allianz Life full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is absolutely amazing! Even though it is a big company, the employees are all so welcoming and helpful to newcomers. They place a lot of emphasis on work-life balance and give you paid time off to volunteer in your community.

Cons

There are none. Allianz is a great company to work for and allows you to grow personally and professionally.

Great benefits bad managers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Allianz Life full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are great, salary is average, on site gym and daycare.

Cons

Individuals promoted to manager/leadership roles with no experience and no training until well into their role. They manage through fear. Many employees comment they fear answering engagement surveys honestly. SR leadership turns a blind eye. "Results at any cost".

Put your focus back on the people who are doing the work and truly get back to a culture of transparency. Leadership has become very large and many employees feel isolated and invisible.

Excellent facility, benefits and overall environment. Sr Leadership is a joke.

I worked at Allianz Life for more than 10 years

Pros

The people on the front line make the difference. There are indiviuduals that care about the customers and doing the right thing. The facility is well taken care of and the benefits are great!

Cons

Lack of work-life balance; performance for pay is more like performance for perception. Integrity is not at the core. It is not the right example to set by using inappropriate language in business meetings and painting your toe nails at your desk which some leaders make a consistent practice. It's like high school.

Colloborate and listen to your front-line employees. Make sure your leaders are portraying the type of company you want to build.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learned a lot

Former Employee - Internal Sales Manager  in  Golden Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Internal Sales Manager in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at Allianz Life full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great campus, fitness center and cafe onsite are great amenities. Training was excellent, in some departments.

Cons

Corporate culture took over a bootstrap culture. Bureaucracy and importing leadership from more conservative companies changed the culture drastically from a company where employees felt like owners to a place where employees felt like numbers. Casual days drastically reduced, which was just indicative of the culture shift.

Call center -- Once you start having bad dreams about your job then it's time to leave

Current Employee - Call Center Associate  in  Golden Valley, MN
    Current Employee - Call Center Associate in Golden Valley, MN

I have been working at Allianz Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

The building was really nice and things were conveniently accessible. Amazing cafeteria. Some great friends were made within my short time there. Allianz also has great benefits!

Cons

There was a lack of support from leadership. Newcomers were pushed into rushed trainings. Honestly, this has been one of the worst job I've ever worked. The company had great vision, but clients were very disrespectful. Once, I started having nightmares about clients yelling at me, I knew it was time to leave. There were minimal freedom which affected me quite a bit because I actually had to note my bathroom time. Lastly, it felt like management was more into quick calls. Quantity over quality.

Upper management should take more initiative in training their employees and not allow their leads to be rude to the new people. Blunt and rude words from leads were heard - especially those who were listening in on calls to evaluate call center associates. It's not very professional to hear your leads make fun of other employees.

Going in as a contractor be prepared for discrimination and judgment.

I have been working at Allianz Life

Pros

Great facilities, gym cafeterias, covered parking even an I house theater. Buildings are newer and we'll maintained

Cons

Lots of change in upper management, future is always uncertain. working as a contractor means you are a sub class of staff, employee events don't include contractors and they are not shy about letting you know that. Everyone knows you are a contract employee by your badge that must be visible. Be prepared to get looks a day people avoiding you because you're not "one of them"

Stop segregated events, constant meetings and changes are not what the staff wants to see and will jump shop if they assume it's sinking. You've lost a lot of good people because of their very thing.

If you need a short term job...

I worked at Allianz Life

Pros

Employee benefits were better than most.

Cons

Compensation is low, not a good place for women to work.

Best Company to Work At

I have been working at Allianz Life

Pros

This is the most open and caring company I have ever worked for. The overall corporation is here to help you succeed and there are so many ways to grow professionally. The work-life balance is a key priority and the atmosphere makes coming to work fun.

Cons

They want top-tier schooling but the reimbursement program does not reflect the price.

Keep up with the great work. I am so happy at this company and hope to stay for a while.

Nice Company, good work environment

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Accountant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Allianz Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good employee benefit, good people to work with, diverse activities all the time

Cons

Low pay, not easy to move up, a lot of politics

Tons of Busywork

I have been working at Allianz Life full-time

Pros

Work was easy, people were friendly, tasks were low-stress.

Cons

Low pay, work was not interesting

Find a better way to utilize people's skills

Worked for Allianz Life? Contribute to the Community!