Allianz

Updated December 14, 2014
3.8

Allianz CEO Michael Diekmann
Michael Diekmann

Pros
  • Very good work life balance, if you're not keen to develop yourself or keep the status quo (in 18 reviews)

• Decent salary plus very good variable pay which is up to you to make (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is fair but fluctuates pretty heavily according to deadlines (in 4 reviews)

• German colleagues "seem" have an advantage over non Germans, especially when it comes to management positions (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

??

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Allianz

Pros

Allianz SE is a great company trying to make presence in the US. I enjoy being a part of that. Allianz Life needs a lot of work, but I believe it's headed in the write direction. It could be an exciting time for the company.

Cons

Lack of technology. Allianz Life is way behind the times in technology and it inhibits growth.

Invest more money in technology and hiring top talent.

Great place to be an intern, but would not consider working there full time.

Former Employee - Intern in Golden Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Intern in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at Allianz

Pros

The pay for an intern position was a good rate. I was given a number of responsibilities on a project and was working side by side with senior employees. My input was listened to on the team and regarded well, which may not be the case typically for an intern position in a group with mostly senior employees.

Cons

The work place environment seemed to deteriorate during the time that I was there. There was a lack of morale amongst employees which seemed mostly due to a lack of trust in the leadership. Employees seemed bitter about leadership decisions and didn't believe re-organization efforts would benefit the company or fix the root problems.

Invest time into employees so they feel included and heard even during the difficult times.

working experience in GBSN

I worked at Allianz

Pros

good working environment, friendly people, very helpful supervisor. a moderate company which provide a good ground for junior to learn a lot of and gain a lot of hand on experiences. Great working culture and strong bonding between colleagues.

Cons

Since it is a moderate company in size, the system is not as well developed yet, a lot of maintenance on going which often slow down working progress.

Auditor of Internal Audit. Allianz Ukraine

Current Employee - Auditor of Internal Audit in Kiev (Ukraine)
    Current Employee - Auditor of Internal Audit in Kiev (Ukraine)

I have been working at Allianz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Supportive, European minded team, high European standards of doing business, good control environments

Cons

Due to the strict standards and European pricing policy and risk management is hard to compete in Ukrainian market.

Take as much out of the approach and standards, and requirements of the Head Office as possible.

Great internship experience

Former Employee - Intern in Munich (Germany)
    Former Employee - Intern in Munich (Germany)

I worked at Allianz as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great office culture, great support by team members and great learning experience.

Cons

Location outside of city center but awesome building and awesome facilities, so I'm not even sure it's a con:) Big group, red tape could prove hard to deal with sometimes

Great place to work, but some modern wave is required!

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Munich (Germany)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Munich (Germany)

I worked at Allianz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

friendly environment, great support from management to develop your career, very respectful. Exchange within the Group is a good chance to learn different aspects from the insurance industry as Allianz not only offers life insurance but also non-life insurance and asset management solutions.

Cons

salary is not that competitive, slow decision making and aging technology.

people centric company - good values and express the values

Current Employee - Head of Department in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Head of Department in Pune (India)

I have been working at Allianz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

personal growth staff development working conditions

Cons

tough industry to learn Insurance is a complicated global structure and pricing

continue the open honesty the currently express

Awesome Internship

Former Employee - Controlling Trainee in Vienna (Austria)
    Former Employee - Controlling Trainee in Vienna (Austria)

I worked at Allianz as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

perfect mix between being challenged by supervisor and supported; awesome network for high potential interns; very nice colleagues

Cons

the same down sides as with all publicly listed companies and multi nationals - a little short term orientated, but still better than competition

Good Company

Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Budapest (Hungary)
    Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Budapest (Hungary)

I have been working at Allianz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working at Allianz Hungary full-time for more than 6 years. Love my coworkers, and my manager understands work/life balance.
    Good bonus and benefits, various training opportunities.

Cons

The salary not the best.

good to work in Germany, questionable in some other locations

I worked at Allianz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

very stable and people oriented in Germany offices
    career development and reward procedures officially existing per best in class standards

Cons

treating employees differently in different countries

low attention to leadership quality outside of headquarters makes people practices in some locations poor if not harassing

then, all established fancy talent management procedures (org health survey, career development, reward management etc) are supported at very different levels in different countries, so, for example, person working in Russian office and German office would feel like working for 2 companies with far different cultures and people practices

Allianz Photos