Allied Building Products

Bob Feury Jr.

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ronkonkoma, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ronkonkoma, NY

I have been working at Allied Building Products full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

excellent opportunities for advancement , great people from the top down
    it's a large company with a mom and pop feel, management really cares

Cons

I cannot think of one negative thing

You get what you work for. It's a fair company with a lot of upside.

I have been working at Allied Building Products full-time

Pros

This is a place where you can work hard, really contribute and get ahead based on your productivity. Strong back ground over 60+ years in business with a lot of runway ahead. Flexible work-life balance. Local autonomy can be both good and bad at times but still a solid long term value company. The industry can be difficult at times but does offer longevity where you can get to know people in and around it and create lasting relationships. Compared to it's peer group this company is at the top. Great people, good benefits and a decent future ahead.

Cons

Training programs are lacking but improving. If you are looking to build your career you must take action yourself and find help in getting on a "path" . Company values were written by the employees, more of the employees need to live them.

Training program are important. The level of capital investment should be reviewed.

Recommend to work here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Rutherford, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Rutherford, NJ

I have been working at Allied Building Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great relaxed environment. The stress at work isn't too bad and everybody is nice.

Cons

Benefits are slightly weak.

Should set a system for promotions to drive motivation.

Sales

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Allied Building Products full-time

Pros

Health Insurance above par. Benefit plan options good. +/- Company values topic comes up often (however it is used as a motivational tool and is not implemented throughout). On my way out.

Cons

Mondays. Starting the week off going into a place of business where a good percentage of employees express their disdain. Time-off typical industry standard (unless club member). Work-life balance for some equates to paroles on work release. Hum drum.

Every morning we make a choice. It is up to us to choose productivity, which leads to prosperity. Success comes to us, day by day, by making the right choices. With that being said, odds are good that this company is not a fit if you have this mind-set. Change takes place in every industry, however respect and appreciation here is stagnant. One day you may be on top and the next you are not. Advancement for a professional sales person is dim unless nepotism occurs (and they typically cant sell). The only individuals that "advance" are those that work in the warehouse and after years of being underpaid they advance to warehouse operations and get an extra dollar or two. Those with higher aspirations keep looking do not waste your time. CEO appears competent, however he needs to crack the whip and check middle managements power hungry players. FYI - Another one on the way out.

Very professional and kept me up to date during the interview process.

I have been working at Allied Building Products full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Job security due to its vast number of locations and involvement with a much larger parent company. The average employee has been here a very long time and loyalty is valued.

Cons

The cons are limited to hard working do it yourselfers. You need to be self motivated and willing to learn and get better every day.

I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Former Employee - Operations Manager
    Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Allied Building Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Allied has a good benefits package and reasonable pay.

Cons

Poor upper management throughout the entire company. They are only concerned about themselves. Most upper level managers would not be employable by any other company due to their lack of business sense.

Stay working at Allied since you would not succeed at another company.

Above and beyond all I could think or ask

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Allied Building Products full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Started in the warehouse back in the 90's driving a forklift for $7 an hour. Now I have the honor of running multiple locations for them. A big company consisting of two hundred small "Ma & Pa" locations. The security of scale and the entrepreneurial freedom at the local level make for the best balance in the industry.

Cons

If you are looking for a 9 to 5 job keep looking. If you come from a place where everyone gets a trophy move on. If you have a sense of entitlement and can not deal with a meritocracy this isn't for you.

More customer facing technology!

Excellent

I have been working at Allied Building Products

Pros

Benefits, company stability, able to climb ladder, company helps you grow, safety first

Cons

Other people you work under

Get closer to front line emotes

Not good to work for!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Allied Building Products full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at allied building products for about a year, and was recently laid off due to a budget cuts, I was a warehouse man and forklift operator, being that I was last hired I was the first to go after 13months of work.. Management took no suggestions, and once they get what they want out of u, they throw u away, they had all this money to build a new showroom, and added 10,000 square feet to the warehouse and built a new one 90mins away, I jus dont get why they spend all that money and than lay workers off..me and two other guys were cut. Bismarck nd

Cons

No leadership, no loyalty, no suggestions, sacrifice ur body and u get nothing out of it

I have nothing to say, u dont care about your employees and u all are jus coperate paper pushers and all u care about is money!!!

Lots of opportunities for advancement

I worked at Allied Building Products as an intern

Pros

Very upbeat atmosphere to work in , they have lots of training and product knowledge available.

Cons

I feel there is no need to look at the negatives only to focus on the positive.

The Branch Manager is exceptionally good.