Allied Digital Services Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.7
Bimal Raj Haridas

Pros
  • Growing company as MNC, Good to Start Currier (in 3 reviews)

• It's a MNC company and met with various type of client and gathering knowledge from them is always help us to increase our knowledge (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • No salary in Time no increment's (in 4 reviews)

• Salary do not paid on time, Poor Management (in 3 reviews)

1. A positive work environment

I have been working at Allied Digital Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Regrettably, discontent is expressed more often than satisfaction. I have been with the company for more than five years and it is my most favorable work experience. While some employees come and go, others have been here much longer than I. Not everyone is equally sociable, but employees get along well and treat each other with mutual respect. The company has accepted job applicants with little or no prior Help Desk experience and trained them if they demonstrated good technical skills and were willing to work hard to improve. Advancement opportunities are limited to positions available; if five people apply, only the one most suited to the position can be chosen. But no one is discouraged from applying and trying. A few years ago, the company invested in wireless headsets to allow agents more mobility when they are on the phones in what is otherwise a very sedentary job. Dress code is relaxed in order to provide more comfort. Everyone looks forward to the Friday Appreciation Lunch with consideration for general preferences and our diverse culture. The break room is equipped with a large wall monitor for enjoying TV, YouTube, and playing games during breaks. The much-appreciated coffee machine brews from freshly-ground coffee beans; the flavor having been selected by a majority. The “company store”, with a large variety of snacks, drinks and quick-fix meals operates on an honor system.

Cons

I have no negative comments significant enough to mention for me personally. There is always room for improvement anywhere but Customer Service and Help Desks tend to be challenging by their very nature. One must realize that the IT world is what it is and possess the ability to adapt. Study the more comprehensive reports here, positive and negative, and decide for yourself if this might be the place for you. Someone else’s CON may not affect you and you could miss an excellent opportunity. (It is what you make it.) Aside from technical skills, do you like solving problems and helping people; can you offer a reasonable level of patience, empathy, attention to details, and good communications (verbal and written). A positive attitude goes a long way in this environment.

Advice to Management

None.

GSD

Former Employee - Global Service Desk Manager in Gardena, CA
    Former Employee - Global Service Desk Manager in Gardena, CA

I worked at Allied Digital Services full-time

Pros

I had the opportunity to work with multiple companies and environments which allowed me to update my resume on a regular basis.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement at my level and the pay was extremely low based on the responsibilities.

Advice to Management

I can understand keeping a thin management layer, however by not instituting annual raises the company runs the risk of losing valuable employees, like myself.

DeadEnd?

I have been working at Allied Digital Services full-time

Pros

Working for this company is a breeze. Dealing with customers are very pleasant except for some instances when they are not having a bad day. This company have provided me with some good useful knowledge about career. I have learned so much with the years i have worked here dealing with different accounts. This company provides FFF (FreeFoodFridays) which is awesome!

Cons

the title says it all. I have applied multiple for a higher position that i know i am capable of, but it seems that they just dont look deeper to the employee's potential. They have posted an opening for a position and done interviews even though they already picked someone. They've used the interview session just to tell you that you're not good enough and you need to work harder for this. They allow management to work from home for a very long period of time. How can a lead/supervisor monitor the team if he/she is working from home. As an employee, i would like to see my higher ups in the office to know that they are dependable and for them to gain my respect. Not a lot of training and it seems that they try to rush agents to hit the phones right away and leave them learning on their own with the Knowledge Base "WIKI" . The only way to get a raise to this company is if you threaten them to QUIT!. They allow a lead to work in FLIP FLOPS and sweat pants... Hey! this is not the BEACH!

Advice to Management

provide realistic raise based on how they are performing and what potential they may have in the company or else, you will be loosing good employees.

You get out what you put in.

Current Employee - Service Desk Engineer III in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Service Desk Engineer III in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Allied Digital Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you work hard and prove your worth you are rewarded. I got my first promotion while I was still a contractor, and have received another since then. We have a fun loving casual environment. Catered lunch on Fridays You have the opportunity to learn as much as you are willing. This is a great place to start if you are trying to get into the IT field.

Cons

We are a bit fragmented from a training perspective. All trainers have their own style and it makes the agents play favorites. We sometimes push to many responsibilities on the agents.

Advice to Management

I believe that moral is something we need to work on from a management side. Positive reinforcement needs to be implemented into our reward structure.

Good place to work, but can be better!

I have been working at Allied Digital Services full-time

Pros

Availability to work from home (where ever that may be…) Free food Fridays (not Chinese!!!) Casual work environment Great work/life balance Pay is decent for area Upper management (USA) is nice and cordial New building is nicer Hours are flexible Customers are generally nice Benefits are good

Cons

Hour long lunches (half an hour would be nice, or a choice) Sick time is “fronted” the first of the year (not accrued throughout the year like vacation time) Annoying loud people who like to hear themselves talk (I don’t need the play by play of you grabbing a plate, picking up a biscuit, getting chicken, getting corn, etc) Employees take advantage of coming into work late or not showing up at all (Write them up!!! No coddling.) You have to fight for a raise (I’ve never worked at a company that makes you do this) Call script MUST be followed (or you will be harassed) ADP is horrible for time entry and taking time off (Java nightmare, unable to schedule a day off unless you have it available now) Pay days are 7th and 23rd (Once a week would be nice)

Advice to Management

It will be difficult getting new recruits to stay here based on the starting pay. Although some people still live at home, most do not and cannot afford to work for such low pay. Management should ask themselves “Do I want to pay people the bare minimum, or bump it the pay a little”? The latter would retain people longer. The old adage, “you get what you pay for” applies here. Low pay = high turn over. It is very frustrating when the same people call out sick or don’t show up at all. While it’s true that morale is low, I don’t let it affect me. If you do your job and keep your nose clean you will be fine.

7. A place I call home

Current Employee - Senior Engineer II in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer II in Torrance, CA

Pros

I worked on the GSD Helpdesk Allied Digital. I watched it grow from a few clients to what it is today. I am proud to be part of this Great Company and Group of hardworking individuals.

Cons

I see nothing but positives.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good Work.

Do the bare minimum and get by

Current Employee - Service Desk Engineer I in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Service Desk Engineer I in Torrance, CA

Pros

If you are a lazy worker then you will love working here. Do the bare minimum, get paid, get free lunch on friday, then watch as some of the hard working people take care of all the work you didn't do. Unless you are a senior engineer/supervisor/manager, you pretty much can leave all your work behind you when you leave work.

Cons

If you are a hard working employee, then you will be tasked with cleaning up all your lazy co-workers leftover work. You will work 2-3 times harder than the next guy, but at the same time get paid less than him because he got his certifications from 10 years ago that don't expire. The supervisors and managers try to encourage workers and to increase morale, but they don't really have any power to do so. They also are not encouraged to fire bad workers. Company overall is stingy and will not willingly give bonuses or raises simply because you are a hard worker and do 50% of the work out of a team of 10. There are quarterly reviews of helpdesk agents and the top 2 employees get a Visa giftcard. These reviews are objective for the most part. If you have a lenient supervisor, you will likely get a higher score and win than if you have a strict supervisor. So suck-up to your supervisor and hope you get a good score, because these reviews do not reflect actual performance.

Advice to Management

You have the actual numbers of how employees are performing. Use them. Get rid of the low performing workers and reward the high performing ones. Provide training to get certifications, not just pay for the exams. The culture of the service desk needs to be improved or you will be pouring money down the drain. Quality over Quantity.

Not living up to its potential...

Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Allied Digital Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Healthy entrepreneurial spirit, strong front line management team, US-based management able to make decisions for the business, reliable service delivery capabilities in the US.

Cons

Upper management is fragmented (partially US-based and partially India-based), changes within executive management has stalled growth in the US market, ineffective business strategy for the US market, employee turnover rates are increasing.

Advice to Management

Ensure that the company has the right executive management team in place to develop a solid and realistic strategy for the US market.

Hard working employee? Want to bring a positive impact? Don't work here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Allied Digital Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Certifications are paid for by the company. Nice new office. Free food on Fridays. Casual environment.

Cons

Company values low quality employees and does not recognize employees who want to incorporate a positive impact. No incentive to go above and beyond. Employees who have gone the extra mile have realized this and already abandoned ship. What's left behind is a low moralled workforce who only does the bare minimum. Pay is below average and any mention of salary will get you the stink eye. You get paid the same as the weakest link (example: 40 cases closed = same pay as 20 cases closed, so why bother?). Upper-management is a joke and seems like their sole purpose is to restock the snack bar. Does restocking the snack bar require management level salary? If yes, I want to apply for that position!

Advice to Management

-Provide some incentives (even just a little) for employees who go the extra mile -More communication from upper management would be nice, other than "foods here" or "try out the new hot pocket at the snack bar"

Excellent Place to work!

Current Employee - Service Desk Engineer I
    Current Employee - Service Desk Engineer I

I have been working at Allied Digital Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place is awesome. You can show up late consistently and never have to worry about being reprimanded or feel like your job is in danger. It is a call center, but don't worry, you don't have to take calls to keep your job, there are plenty of fine examples of this currently employed here. They provide a nice snack selection in the break room, and the prices they charge aren't nearly as cutthroat as 7-11! They have full time benefits! and they only cost a fraction more than Obamacare! So what if that fraction is 10/2 it's still a fraction! They don't drug test either! so if you happen to smoke the ganj or do anything else, feel free to not worry about getting hired, as long as you can pass the interview! The best thing is that if you fall asleep and snore, someone will wake you up when you get too loud. all in all, 5 stars! /sarcasm

Cons

When i started here over a year ago, it was pretty nice. I worked hard and when i got out of my 3 month probation they gave me a raise. However, I began to notice that the people who have stuck around are either bitter, horrible employees, or slackers. I also began to see why. I try to pride myself in being a good employee, but when you are trying to work hard in an environment where everyone is doing the bare minimum, it's harder.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the bad apples. it's okay to discipline people for not doing their jobs.

RSS Feed </> Embed