Allied Digital Services

Updated April 7, 2015
52 reviews filtered by
2.1
Bimal Raj Haridas

Pros
  • Growing company as MNC, Good to Start Currier (in 3 reviews)

• Good Learning, Good place to start as fresher, Can learn different technologies, Flexibility (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • No salary in Time no increment's (in 4 reviews)

• Poor management, no room for advancement, no raises, lower than industry average salary, (in 3 reviews)

Great place to work

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Gardena, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Gardena, CA

I worked at Allied Digital Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Management treats all employees like family.

Cons

India based now in U.S.A. Takes a bit to understand, but after that not a problem.

Advice to Management

Don't change

Hard working employee? Want to bring a positive impact? Don't work here

I have been working at Allied Digital Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Certifications are paid for by the company. Nice new office. Free food on Fridays. Casual environment.

Cons

Company values low quality employees and does not recognize employees who want to incorporate a positive impact.
    No incentive to go above and beyond. Employees who have gone the extra mile have realized this and already abandoned ship. What's left behind is a low moralled workforce who only does the bare minimum. Pay is below average and any mention of salary will get you the stink eye. You get paid the same as the weakest link (example: 40 cases closed = same pay as 20 cases closed, so why bother?).

Upper-management is a joke and seems like their sole purpose is to restock the snack bar. Does restocking the snack bar require management level salary? If yes, I want to apply for that position!

Advice to Management

-Provide some incentives (even just a little) for employees who go the extra mile
    -More communication from upper management would be nice, other than "foods here" or "try out the new hot pocket at the snack bar"

Excellent Place to work!

Current Employee - Service Desk Engineer I
    Current Employee - Service Desk Engineer I

I have been working at Allied Digital Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This place is awesome.
    You can show up late consistently and never have to worry about being reprimanded or feel like your job is in danger.
    It is a call center, but don't worry, you don't have to take calls to keep your job, there are plenty of fine examples of this currently employed here.
    They provide a nice snack selection in the break room, and the prices they charge aren't nearly as cutthroat as 7-11!
    They have full time benefits! and they only cost a fraction more than Obamacare! So what if that fraction is 10/2 it's still a fraction!
    They don't drug test either! so if you happen to smoke the ganj or do anything else, feel free to not worry about getting hired, as long as you can pass the interview!
    The best thing is that if you fall asleep and snore, someone will wake you up when you get too loud.
    all in all, 5 stars!

/sarcasm

Cons

When i started here over a year ago, it was pretty nice.
    I worked hard and when i got out of my 3 month probation they gave me a raise.
    However, I began to notice that the people who have stuck around are either bitter, horrible employees, or slackers.
    I also began to see why.
    I try to pride myself in being a good employee, but when you are trying to work hard in an environment where everyone is doing the bare minimum, it's harder.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the bad apples.
    it's okay to discipline people for not doing their jobs.

You can do much, much better.

I have been working at Allied Digital Services

Pros

Free food on Fridays. Some of the people there are very nice. It can be challenging at times, in a way that allows you to learn new things and is a definite positive.

Cons

Incredibly low morale amongst employees. Clear favoritism in advancement and raise opportunities. Some people given multiple responsibilities without compensation. Very bottom end of national average for salary, for all positions from Email Coordinator to Service Desk Engineer III. Some employees treated with suspicion while others are not questioned for inappropriate behavior.

Advice to Management

Help Desk can be stressful. You are a service company, and you are going to need strong, service-oriented employees with positive morale to keep your clients. The majority of your employees are not happy, and are looking to jump ship. Weed out the gossipy, lazy, grumpy, trouble-making employees so the positive, hard-working ones are not over-burdened and you will be surprised how well things will go.

Also: stringing people along with talks of promotion for six months does not create high morale. FYI, everyone here talks about pay scale and raises, so those that are strung along are well aware of it.

A Disappointing Experience

Former Employee - Global Service Desk Manager in Gardena, CA
    Former Employee - Global Service Desk Manager in Gardena, CA

I worked at Allied Digital Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

• Hands off Management Style
    • Opportunities for Promotions as others leave/get promoted
    • At least in the USA, paychecks do come on time
    • Relevant certification exams are paid for but books and training are not
    • Flexible work hours
    • New Office! No longer in the En Pointe Building!

Cons

• Employees are not treated equally and your prospects are based more on your manager than your abilities.
    • Compensation is below average.
    • Training is often as robust as being handed a piece of paper with instructions and being told “good luck.”
    • Senior Management does not seem to have a plan for the future and if there is one it is not disclosed to the rank and file or even lower level management.
    • Company handbook states there will be annual reviews. I never received one my entire time there. There is very little feedback to the line employees.
    • Employee morale is quite low.
    • Company needs and profits are above all including client satisfaction and trust. This is disturbing considering that Allied Digital is a services company.
    • There is little to no documentation for any processes, policies or procedures.
    • Communication between teams, departments, and units is severely lacking.
    • There is very much a “me first” attitude among employees and management. You cannot count on your coworkers.
    • No desire to improve or correct unless mandated by a client (i.e. a client is going to cancel service), even after faced with repeated failures.

Advice to Management

I have found that Management is not open to advice but a good first step would be to actually follow the corporate values you espouse.

Life changing experience: Avoid this place like a plague.

I have been working at Allied Digital Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Able to work without instruction or constant supervision. Benefits for U.S. agents are O.K. Provides sponsored certification program for employees after a year.

Cons

Lack of communication between management. Below than average salary pay. No place for growth besides a new position. No bonuses. No rotating shifts. Low employee moral across the board.

Advice to Management

Make better choices in senior management promotions. Provide less stress for low pay. Recruit at colleges for cheaper agents.

IT Manager

Current Employee - IT Manager in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Gardena, CA

I have been working at Allied Digital Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fast growing company with a lot of advancement opportunities

Cons

Long hours due to 24/7/365 customer needs

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Avoid this company like the plague

I have been working at Allied Digital Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pays the bills (most of them anyway)

Cons

New hires get fed lies about room for growth and advancement along with salary increases. They find out the truth eventually.
    Management is reactive and not proactive if they do anything to begin with.
    Corporate culture is to keep status quo and not rock the boat (or else you'll get thrown overboard). Any suggestions will be ignored or they'll acknowledge them but never do anything.

Advice to Management

No advice from a single person would ever change this company. Management is entrenched with running all branches like they do in India. I reluctantly give this company 1 star for every category because zero was not an option.

Run Away

I worked at Allied Digital Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you love autonomy and are successful working on your own without much assistance then this is a great company.

Cons

Lack of vision from the leaders, no loyalty unless you are ethnically matched, often hire unproven leaders with no experience. Benefits are horrible.

Advice to Management

If you are making investments in other countries then don't ship people from HQ to those regions. Hire successful people who know the culture of their country.

Don't make this your first choice on your job list.

Current Employee - Helpdesk in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Helpdesk in Gardena, CA

I have been working at Allied Digital Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Checks are paid on time and haven't bounced yet.
    They pay you in dollars.

Cons

Promotions? Only if someone else quits and the job opens up.
    Raises? Next question. It's a dirty word around here.
    Bonuses? Yes, you get to eat it every Friday around noon. (Cost the company less than actual bonuses)
    Cost of living increases? Their website is allieddigital.net NOT allieddigital.gov
    Growth opportunities? Only in your waistline.
    Learning opportunities? Sure, figure out issues as they go along. Google is your friend.
    Employee retention? There's a referral program to cope with the high employee turnover (Cheaper than raises). Work harder? Why? You get paid the same as the guy who does the minimum. Dedication is directly related to compensation.

Advice to Management

Don't emulate the company after Enpointe. Bob Din is not your idol. Spend a little more money to take care of the employees that generate the revenue for your company. It's not a motivator to see BMW's, Mercedes', Porsche's, and Land Rover's in the parking lot while many of us are living check to check. If someone asked if I would recommend this company to others, I'd say yes. I'd recommend it to all of my enemies (in the most sarcastic tone possible).