Allied Healthcare International

Roger Ramsden

1. Patient service coordinator

Current Employee - Patient Care Specialist in Brooklyn, MD
    Current Employee - Patient Care Specialist in Brooklyn, MD

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International (Less than a year)

Pros

Very helpful and very professional

Cons

Nothing to complain in regards to office

2. Good company to work with

Current Employee - Health
    Current Employee - Health

Pros

Good support from the team, good salary

Cons

Do not pay my travelling expenses

Advice to Management

nothing to comment on

3. Good team Okay company

Former Employee - HCA
    Former Employee - HCA

I worked at Allied Healthcare International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

gained valuable experience by working in varied settings from Mental health to Care of the elderly it is a shame the new owners are focusing on home care.

Cons

Like all health care work the co-coordinators and management will take advantage of your good nature.

Advice to Management

clear career paths maybe an increase in millage allowance would be nice

5. Too big to be as agile as it needs to be

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Allied Healthcare International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Knowing the the outcome of the service helped people in their own homes.

Cons

Senior management lack the ability to make a decision and stick with it. Employee engagement with the majority of the workforce who are actually out delivering a service is almost non existent. Trying to make changes and advances in the business is often delayed because of red tape, lack of IT competency or lack of engagement from staff and a general lack of co operative working. Turnover is higher than average which leads to delays in achieving things and the inability for staff to have confidence in where they are heading.

Advice to Management

Make decisions and stick to them. Listen when management teams give feedback instead of searching for more answers which is time inefficient and costly to the business. Live the values from the top down

This is the worst company i've ever worked at, too many top level managers who don't have a clue what they are doing.

Former Employee - Branch Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

The Head office staff are lovely (most of them are, not the seniot managers or HR !) and most branch staff are too.

Cons

The top level from Operations Director up that are horrible, most have NO indusrty experience and are mates of the CEO, in fact if you're friends with anyone in the Senior Management team you're more likely to get a job at Allied. The less healthcare experience you have the better it seems. The branch level make all the money and the senior people take it all, bonus are very rarely paid as goal posts are moved constantly.

Advice to Management

Get some staff that understand the sector, not give the jobs to all your friends ! Get rid of your two Senior HR people they don't have a clue what they are doing and one of them is a horrid person, he just treats people disgustingly. Stop playing games with the people that make you ,money on the ground level. PAY BONUSES ! and LISTEN more to your staff, everyone can't always be wrong.

Shocking company!

Current Employee - Carer in Derby, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Carer in Derby, England (UK)

Pros

Job of care is a rewarding job. Colleagues are very friendly and helpful -they will fill you in on the bits, the payroll staff will 'forget' to tell you.

Cons

First off, wage is national minimum. You're expect to complete all training unpaid, without any help towards expenses -this can take several months at high cost to yourself. You're only given one top to wear, all extra you have to purchase. Whilst shadowing you don't get paid for your petrol expenses, despite the high amount of travelling required. They charge an admin fee on your pay slip. -I've never heard of anyone other than Allied doing this. You only get paid your hourly rate for time spent at a service users house. Time travelling, which may make up half your shift won't be paid for. Once you're fully working for Allied, your petrol/diesel isn't paid per mile you travel, they give you a small payment per house, which doens't cover the travel costs. Allied 'forgot' to tell me about these and I only found out when other employees informed me after I'd started. I'm only writing this, so anyone looking to work for Allied as a carer, has an advance warning if they read this. I have nothing against individual people there, but they need to be more honest about their pay structure and provide an adequate rate.

Advice to Management

Issue paperwork outlining full terms of pay, once initial interview is confirmed as 'successful'.

Do NOT work for this shower of idiots!

Current Employee - Carer in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Carer in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brilliant clients..excellent colleagues...support of co workers

Cons

Zero hours....not enough petrol...nasty and condescending office staff/supervisors/manager Constantly being given extra visits at short notice, no support I could go on but not enough space...STEER CLEAR!!

Advice to Management

Get out to branches and sort out these idiots!

Terrible Company To Work For.

Current Employee - Carer in Saint Ives, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Carer in Saint Ives, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Non at all l am getting our of this job as quick as l can

Cons

You dont get Travel time at all. You are given 15mins slots on some calls it takes half an hour to get there. You pay an admin charge for all time sheets out of your wages. Millage is not Paid. You lose money just working for this firm. I was given jobs and had to sit in my car for an hour waiting for my next call was not worth going home.

Advice to Management

Terrible Terrible Terrible how they spoke was discus sting to staff as if you were dirt. Begging for people to take shifts when you said you couldn't do it then you would get hours cut the following week. Bully's they are don't work here.I am well trained with NVQS and you don't even get paid for these . Have to buy your uniform you get one free and then the rest you buy. Cut corners all the time.

Love the job, HATE the company!

Current Employee - Support Worker in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Sheffield, England (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Care work is so rewarding, and some of the clients and their families are fantastic

Cons

Favouritism, taking work off one carer to give a favourite carer more hours. Bodged up rotas, pressurisation to work extra shifts, and work witheld if unable to accept, terrible management communication, poor wages,....the list is endless

Advice to Management

Talk to carers about what is going on at their branch, listen to the feedback, and then do something to improve staff morale, and working practices. Good carers are leaving all the time to work for other companies, and all Allied Healthcare are doing is recruiting, recruiting , recruiting! What a waste of company resource's. Surely its in the best interest of the company to keep the best carers for themselves, after all they have paid good money to train them up. The best carers simply will not tolerate the dreadful working practices at Allied Healthcare. Its not a good image for any company to have so many terrible reviews.

Making me ill, Bullying, victimizing, intimidating company,

Current Employee - Omicillary in Halesworth, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Omicillary in Halesworth, England (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None what so ever, a ppalling

Cons

They dont give a dam about their customers or staff, all they are focused on is getting anyone and anybody to cover shifts. I have now been intimidated for the third time by Management, This will be the last time they bully me as i have a legal team involved, Stand up for yourselves that what i have to say,

Advice to Management

Sort your selves out you nasty wicked people, call yourself a care agency, i wouldnt put you in charge of looking after vermin.

RSS Feed </> Embed