Allied Home Health Care Services

CEO

1. allied

Current Employee - Caregiver in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Dallas, TX

Pros

great customer service very prompt on professionalism.

Cons

very Beautiful people, very careing ,Check always on time just alot of friendly people to work around.

Advice to Management

Get to Know your workers better please know some by name. communicate more openly.

2. pca-(personal care aide)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunmore, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunmore, PA

I worked at Allied Home Health Care Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

one to one care for in home based client. Making the day go by fast, also while you friendly help to assist a home bound resident get daily routines done. Keeps a pace while earning but it wasn't so much about money, - locally it was leisurely neighborly and helpful. All under a title but giving respectful kind care.

Cons

Would have loved to have more hours or 1 more client.

Advice to Management

the site only allows my timeline to reasonably set : "year/date/day" to 2011. This particular job was worked from 1999-2002. Very part time / 3 days/week. 3-4 hr/day Thank you.

3. Customer service, I love dealing with people on a day to day basis.

Pros

I like it because I get to be me. A lot of people just show up for a check not me.

Cons

Just getting to people to trust the company that I work for cause it's a very good company.

Advice to Management

just keep what you're doing cause this working.

5. Company Profit Is The Main Criteria

Current Employee - Health Care Worker in Lincoln, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Health Care Worker in Lincoln, England (UK)

I have been working at Allied Home Health Care Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When you add up the hours travelling from one service user to the next, the pay is well below the minimum wage, not only that the car allowance is so low that out of this poultry wage, you end up funding the company on travelling costs. The wear and tear on my car was horrendous as it's predominately stop start motoring. Also as someone else mentioned in an earlier thread, you are also made to feel guilty for actually having a life outside Allied, hence the massive staff turn over. No doubt the trainers jobs are secure, as they are constantly recruiting to replace staff who resign. BTW, I've not made a mistake, these are the pro's see the Cons below.

Cons

Profitability for Allied Health Care is high on the agenda, the times that I wish I could have spent more time with the people I was caring for was happening on a daily basis. We are dealing with vulnerable people here, it's food for thought, but maybe the directors might want to ask themselves would they be 100% happy having their elderly mother or father being cared for by this organisation? And if not how can they sleep at night?

Advice to Management

Spend just one week out of your lives shadowing the carers and then ask yourself is my salary ethically justified.

RSS Feed </> Embed