Allied Home Health Care Services

Updated November 20, 2014
Updated November 20, 2014
2.5

CEO

Customer service, I love dealing with people on a day to day basis.

I have been working at Allied Home Health Care Services

Pros

I like it because I get to be me. A lot of people just show up for a check not me.

Cons

Just getting to people to trust the company that I work for cause it's a very good company.

just keep what you're doing cause this working.

Company Profit Is The Main Criteria

Current Employee - Health Care Worker in Lincoln, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Health Care Worker in Lincoln, England (UK)

I have been working at Allied Home Health Care Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

When you add up the hours travelling from one service user to the next, the pay is well below the minimum wage, not only that the car allowance is so low that out of this poultry wage, you end up funding the company on travelling costs. The wear and tear on my car was horrendous as it's predominately stop start motoring.

Also as someone else mentioned in an earlier thread, you are also made to feel guilty for actually having a life outside Allied, hence the massive staff turn over. No doubt the trainers jobs are secure, as they are constantly recruiting to replace staff who resign. BTW, I've not made a mistake, these are the pro's see the Cons below.

Cons

Profitability for Allied Health Care is high on the agenda, the times that I wish I could have spent more time with the people I was caring for was happening on a daily basis. We are dealing with vulnerable people here, it's food for thought, but maybe the directors might want to ask themselves would they be 100% happy having their elderly mother or father being cared for by this organisation? And if not how can they sleep at night?

Spend just one week out of your lives shadowing the carers and then ask yourself is my salary ethically justified.