Allied Integrated Marketing

Updated February 25, 2015
Updated February 25, 2015
3.5

Joseph H O'Donnell

Pros
  • Get to see free movies, and learn about publicity (in 21 reviews)

• Assignments are fun and so is managing advanced movie screenings (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is miserable especially during peak season (in 3 reviews)

• Office hours are probably only a little more than half of the hours spent working for Allied (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company to Intern for!

Current Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Allied Integrated Marketing

Pros

Amazing culture at the SF office. All the coordinators were so helpful and incredibly welcoming. The publicist chats were great to get to know the higher ups.

Cons

Can be a lot of work and hard to balance with school but all the coordinators are really understanding of this!

Great company, Great people

Former Employee - Promotions Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Promotions Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Allied Integrated Marketing

Pros

Being able to see movies before they hit theaters is a plus, and working events will get you some extra money.

Cons

Can be slow at times.

Interns should be able to leave early if there is nothing going on in the office.

Interning for Allied IM was a great experience for easing your way into the entertainment world.

Former Intern - Publicity and Promotions Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Intern - Publicity and Promotions Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Allied Integrated Marketing as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Working events and screenings could be stressful at times, but are really enjoyable.

Cons

Several of the employees' attitudes are negative which does not create a fun working environment.

Try to promote a more positive working environment.

A lot of fun if you're an intern, but there doesn't seem to be much growth.

Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Allied Integrated Marketing part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free movie screenings
    Promotional gigs pay very well
    Small office (Atlanta) so you get to know the team very well.
    Fun environment

Cons

There's a lot of red tape with the movie industries
    Management would prefer that you focus on "penetrating the market" (make cold calls) opposed to spending too much time working on your intern projects

Be honest with interns about the job/career opportunities. Out of 8-10 interns, only one of us received a job offer.

Good intern experience

Former Intern - Publicity and Promotions Intern in San Diego, CA
    Former Intern - Publicity and Promotions Intern in San Diego, CA

I worked at Allied Integrated Marketing as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Easy going and casual work environment
    Good experience working with movie studios

Cons

Couldn't see myself working there for an extended period of time

Get more involved with your interns

Good start in entertainment field

Current Intern - Paramount Pictures in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Intern - Paramount Pictures in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Allied Integrated Marketing as an intern

Pros

Interesting work environment, with new movies to work on all the time. Depending what studio you're working for- My internship was for Paramount and I loved the experience. Free movies, fun co-workers, lots of free stuff to give out to people.

Cons

I was glad I was only on an internship basis, since everything has to go through the studio and there's not much freedom. Still a good place to start if you're looking to get into movie promotions. Not great pay, but it is an internship!

An Allied field office is a great place to get to know the Motion Picture Industry's approach to Marketing & Publicity!

Former Employee - Publicity and Promotions Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Publicity and Promotions Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Allied Integrated Marketing

Pros

The upside of working as a coordinator or publicist for Allied is the nature of the work itself. Every movie the company works on calls for a unique marketing and publicity campaign and, as part of the team, you'll be brainstorming and executing projects that tie the film into the local scene. Every movie has it's own set of challenges and it can be very rewarding when the promotions/publicity efforts your team puts force actually connect with the community and get people excited about a great film. Plus, you get paid to see movies... a lot of movies.

Cons

The job involves a lot of coming and going/in and out of the office, late nights and not a lot of support or help with the huge variety of tasks that need to be accomplished within sensitive deadlines. Promotions and raises are few and far between.

Allied needs to become more savvy in the effective use of social media and other digital tools. A lot of time is wasted and huge opportunities missed due an overall lack of sophistication in digital marketing techniques.

Publicity and Promotions Intern

I have been working at Allied Integrated Marketing

Pros

Very laid back atmsophere, and the people are awesome! Good basic training in grassroots marketing. Unfortunate that is unpaid.

Cons

Not a ton of direction, and there is a general lack of communication between the employees.

Great way to learn the ins and outs of the movie industry! Fast paced, great energy, and everyday is different!

Former Intern - Disney Studio in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Disney Studio in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Allied Integrated Marketing as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I worked under the Disney Studio intern after being a general intern for a few weeks. The coordinators and publicists truly appreciate your hard work! There are no "office tasks" such as photo-copying, answering phones, etc. It's hands-on and you meet many people outside of the office in the movie industry! Each day the intern's task varies, and I really loved that about this position, as I was always looking forward to what I would be working on everyday. As a student intern, it was great to meet with publicists individually and chat about future goals, they were more than happy to talk through their role at this company and give you more of an insight about the industry. The coordinators really make the office culture fun during stressful times -they are all full with energy everyday and ready to get work done, but also have some laughs here and there. Lastly, I truly enjoyed the opportunity to help plan and execute events outside of the office. Overall memorable experience!

Cons

Commuting from Berkeley was tough, but public transportation is fairly close to the office. There is little room for leadership roles, but they enjoy hearing your willingness to learn and will include you in tougher tasks if there is an opportunity!

Provide more feedback at the end of internship, and discuss other opportunities that student interns may be interested in.

Allied Internship

I have been working at Allied Integrated Marketing

Pros

Company works with big names clients, the atmosphere is pretty chill

Cons

Not much to do, most of one's time is spent waiting.

Unpaid interns shouldn't need to stick around 5 days a week if there's nothing to do.