Allied Solutions Reviews

Allied Solutions CEO Chris Hilger
Chris Hilger

1. Customer Service

I have been working at Allied Solutions

Pros

Great Benefits CEO is wonderful along with the VP's. When you get into director's and mangers, it beomes a little dicey.

Cons

Promotion within the company is next to zero for anything above entry level positions.

When you have dedicated staff at your finger tips, why look outside the box.

Ok for a paycheck

I have been working at Allied Solutions

Pros

Coworkers are easy to work with

Cons

Low pay for amount of work. Management does not listen to employees.

Terrible, terrible leadership.

Current Employee - Middle Manager in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Middle Manager in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Allied Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I think about it , , , , , , , none.

Cons

Think of the worst situation you can regarding communication, support, training, leadership, encouragement, compensation, fairness, etc. and you just described Allied. Not sure why people stay. I guess of you are one of those who have been around from the beginning and are part of the "club" you feel ok about the company. Rarely, will you find new people fitting in or becoming members of the club.

Replace yourself with up to date managers. Accounting degrees do not lead to effective leadership. A complete joke!

5. The Beginnings of Mortgage Insurance Administration

I have been working at Allied Solutions full-time

Pros

The mortgage insurance tracking department is a fairly new challenge that the company has taken on as a service to several financial institutions. So with the growth of this new department there are opportunities presented quite often, but not necessarily promotions. It's best to come into this line of work knowing a more of insurance than mortgage, but a combination of them both will help understand the purpose of your tasks and insurance tracking. The company strongly promotes employee well being so they provide several resources to living and staying healthy. Full benefits are provided as well. Most of the staff have worked here 10 years plus and some have relatives who work for the company as well. There are several new employees as well as there is a lot of hiring going on right now with the growth that the department is experiencing.

Cons

When I came into the mortgage department it was mentioned in the interview that things were going to be a bit out of sync and kind of hectic. I knew it was a new department, but I had no idea how unorganized it would actually be. I was lucky to have come in with some previous insight to this industry. I've been in the department for over a year now and the tasks continue to pile up so the workflow is very steady and can be very overwhelming at times. Also, there are constant procedural and compliance changes so it is difficult to keep up with all of the tasks being thrown at random with little to no guidance. The compensation does not match the workload. The work done requires much time and attention to detail, which is not the exhausting part. The exhaustion is from trying to figure out every procedure as it applies to the system that is limited, because the system is also new.

Training is limited and is provided IF needed, and consists of a phone conference with the company's qualified staff. It doesn't really help as much as when you get into the system and learn it's flaws and how to work around them. A lot of the leadership consists of employees who have been with the company for 10 years plus, is related, or is someone who knows someone who knows someone.

Allied PTSD

Former Employee - Lender Administrator
    Former Employee - Lender Administrator

I worked at Allied Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers to commiserate with and in few departments... flexible schedules.

Cons

Embarrassingly low pay, poor benefits, very high turnover, rampant nepotism, no morale, frequent verbal abuse from managers. When I left, several older employees and an older manager came up to me and told me they were glad I had the opportunity to leave because they felt stuck at Allied. I've never worked anywhere with so few content employees.

I asked HR a pay question once and my manager called me into her office and told me, "I better not catch you running to HR behind my back like this again." I was screamed at multiple times. She would stick her finger in your face and sometimes slam her desk with her hand or notebooks. Once I was on the phone with another manager and my manager was instant messaging me. I must have taken too long to respond to the IM because my manager came bursting out of her office, like a rabid dog, to see what I was doing. Once she saw I was working, she sulked back into her office. I wasn't the only one. Every single person on our team had a story to tell about their time being berated by the manager. All of the abuse was reported to HR but they don't seem to think it's an issue.

Forewarning, that manager is still there.

I was once in the elevator with a couple higher ups who were discussing sandwiches. One of them said he had "his wife trained not to put mayonnaise on his sandwiches." His misogyny made me question what kind of values the company held.

Start over, it's too far gone.

Mistake

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Allied Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The biggest pro in working for Allied Solutions is that they make true attempts to promote from within.

Cons

Among the long list of challenges at Allied Solutions, you will find unhappy employees, very low pay rates, low morale, and unqualified management. The company does not invest in their employees. They do not want their employees to be empowered.

This company needs to stop aggressively hiring and promoting from within so they can gain outside knowledge. This will encourage management to pursue education, train to manage, understand business strategies for the big picture of the company.

8. Great tech, low pay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

I worked at Allied Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company has great technology. Best servers, laptops and computers you can get.

Cons

Poor management, no training and low pay

Train people how to use the tech you buy. Pay fair wages.

Overall impression of employment in this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Allied Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hours, M-F 7:30-4:30 Overtime pay is sometimes available but not always.

Cons

You are lead to believe that there are opportunities for growth within this company. However, if you are really good at the position you are hired for, they do not want to promote you or for you to apply for another position. The supervisors do not know how to read or generate the reports that their staff are required to do. You may do all of the work, however you will never get recognized for it. Your supervisor will always claim it as their work. You may do all of the work for a project, but you are never invited in to explain your work. You have to explain your work so your supervisor can take the credit for it. It is a very hormone-driven environment to work in. You never know what type of mood your supervisor will be in. You never know if you can approach your supervisor without getting yelled at. You can never have time off if there are certain days your work is important. Vacation??????????? what vacation?????????? please do not let your children become sick. If you have to take care of any company business, i.e. drug test for employment, it is on your own time. Either you take PTO or have to work late to make up time. Constant chaos. Always behind. Not a well-oiled machine. No consistency between treatment of employees. Don't get sick!

Get your acts together in PLANO, TX and everyone get on board the same boat. Not an efficient company. When intelligent staff ask for more tasks, that are important and beneficial to the company, train them so they can help make sure that all of the work stays current. Every supervisor has a different idea as to how things should run. No one wants wants to take the blame for their own mistakes. They will always blame someone else and are quick to throw you under the "Bullet Train, not the Bus"

10. Very up to date, makes sure employeees are treated equal

Current Employee - Accounting Processor in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Accounting Processor in Plano, TX

I have been working at Allied Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

stable, work ethics, team players

Cons

no over time for some employees

Customer Service

Current Employee - Customer Service in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Allied Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexiable Schedule and Great people to work with

Cons

Pay not great and medium - high workload