Allied Tube and Conduit

Add Photos

Ed Breen

Good Place to Work

E Engineer (Former Employee) Pine Bluff, AR

ProsBenefits top the list. HMO medical, 5% match on 401k with increases, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Immediate Vesting

ConsAverage, numbers driven management. No Vision.

Advice to Senior ManagementMamagement lacked true understanding of plant performance. Local plant management was shuffled around when they failed to perform. Local management was hired outside accomplishing nothing.

Plant is one of the dirtiest places I have worked in both air quality ans oil and water on floor.

Quality (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsHave some competent people in management.

ConsEquipment needs replaced or overhauled.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold people in plant accountable for the quality of their work.

Not best in class

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Harvey, IL

ProsThere is a lot of job security.
    People are friendly and willing to help.

ConsThere isn't much room for your career to grow. Many people have worked here decades and are complacent. New hires that advocate change are met with a lot of push back.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange starts from the top down and in order to change the culture, the management must first exhibit world class behaviors and work ethics.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its a great place to work for and perfect work life balance

S Production Planner (Former Employee) Harvey, IL

Prosgreat work life balance, better support from management

Consarea, location neighbourhood is ricky to work

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow internal promotion for growth

Supervisor

Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) Harvey, IL

ProsManagement also gets paid overtime

ConsThe union has toomuch control

Advice to Senior Managementsupport front line supervisors

Once a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with that are committed to the company and have significant experience. A few good business leaders are left since the change of ownership.

ConsWith a private equity owner, the focus is on the bottom line at all cost. Lost is the focus on the customer and delivering a quality product on time, the first time. A lot of new people have been brought in that don't understand the industry nor do they want to dig in to get the job done, they simply want to delegate.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the seasoned employees and focus on the customer.

a company that couldn't control its management, and their treatment of employees

Ex-Supervisor (Former Employee)

Prosgood place to learn, before you go to work for another tube manufacturer.

Conswas personally written up and suspended by a manager for LOTO procedures, because the head of safety from Harvey Il. was at our facility. even though there was no LOTO procedures in place. this was the same manager who was later terminated for certain agressive behaviors towards his supervisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementHIRE someone in H.R. who REALLY has the backing of CORPORATE. and not ones who will write off the employees. adapt the attitude that " WE CAN'T find another 100 like you" off the street tomorrow.

Worked for Allied Tube and Conduit? Contribute to the Community!